• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaggard

Feb 20, 2011
    Lexington Park
    I was looking into getting back into some range shooting and to buy my first home defense handgun. I took a handgun class back in college (long time ago! ;)) but I have never purchased my own gun. I have been to the range a few times with friends and enjoy doing that.

Looking forward to reading through all the forums.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Welcome, from down south.

Look into the MD collector's affadavit, allows you to be exempt from the 1 per 30 day nonsense. The other is C&R (aka "03" FFL - $30/3 yrs), it will allow you to get dealer discounts from online vendors.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Please look here for lots of good information about the site:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Check in here to learn about your 2A rights and how to support them:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Take a look at the MDShooters Industry Partners section here:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

For a list of ranges look here:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38816[/FONT]

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    We do? Son of a ... So I drove all the way up to Myrtle Grove for nothing?

Well, you do have to be a member of Sanners and it's a bit more up front cost compared to Myrtle Grove. If you would like to go some time to check it out, just PM me and we can set something up. Same thing goes for the OP.

shaggard

Feb 20, 2011
    Lexington Park
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

If/When I get my new handgun, I will probably do most of my range shooting at the base, but I would not mind checking out Sanners which is right down the street.

I already contacted Mark at Accurate Guns and Ammo to see if he would make a transfer for my first purchase. He seems to have a good reputation with his customers.

I stopped by the Cop Shop, not a warm welcome, and the Lawmen Supply shops this weekend. They did not have what I was looking for, but they did have a big selection.

Thanks all!

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Welcome aboard shaggard! There's a big bunch 'o us down here in St. Mary's. You'll like doing business with Mark at Accurate Guns & Ammo. Good guy. Don't forget to tell him you're a Maryland Shooters member, as he'll usually give you a break on the transfer fee.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Welcome.
    A good safety class is scheduled March 3rd here in St Mary's county. See the info in the Industry Partners section under Genesis Firearms. MDENG is a good teacher. Even tho it says Utah non-resident permit class it is really a good firearms safety class. :thumbsup:

ddn3f

Jul 23, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    Hello,

I actually just moved down to St Mary's in Nov 2010 from Rockville, MD. I just a few days ago heard there was a shooting range somewhere down Sanner's lane or something. I didn't even know there was a range down in St Mary's county. I live right off Great Mills.

I would love to visit Sanners Lake Sportsmans Club sometime. Can I just go and visit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom