• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TMC

May 3, 2011
    Silver Spring
    Hello from LoMoCo, just outside the Beltway.

I've been a lurker for a little while, and should probably introduce myself. I'm an (almost) 40 year old married guy with the accompanying wife and 8 year old daughter.

I've been shooting as long as I can remember. Bolt action 22's with my father, scouts, and Summer Camp. I picked up a 10/22 in the 90's, and more recently just got a Glock 17 (actually my wife's) and a Mosin Nagant.

I'm generally interested in finding good, safe places to shoot, and in doing so, found my way to the IWLA site. Beyond shooting, the archery and conservation aspect really appeals to me and my family. So if there are any members from the Damascus chapter here, I'd be interested in finding out what's involved with joining.

Cheers!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 81

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner

I've been a lurker for a little while, and should probably introduce myself. I'm an (almost) 40 year old married guy with the accompanying wife and 8 year old daughter.

I've been shooting as long as I can remember. Bolt action 22's with my father, scouts, and Summer Camp. I picked up a 10/22 in the 90's, and more recently just got a Glock 17 (actually my wife's) and a Mosin Nagant.

I'm generally interested in finding good, safe places to shoot, and in doing so, found my way to the IWLA site. Beyond shooting, the archery and conservation aspect really appeals to me and my family. So if there are any members from the Damascus chapter here, I'd be interested in finding out what's involved with joining.

Cheers!

Welcome! You mentioned wanting a good, safe place to shoot. If you are interested in an indoor range, you might check out the Md. Small Arms Range, a new facility in PG county. It is about 40 minutes from SS. For more info their website is: www.msar.com

TMC

May 3, 2011
    Silver Spring
    Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I do plan a letter regarding SB281, although I feel that any contrary thoughts on the matter are summarily ignored by my particular representatives. Still... every voice is supposed to count, yes? :shrug:

I hadn't considered the BCC IWLA chapter, because for some reason I imagined it smack dab in the middle of Bethesda. I took a look at the layout online, and it looks like a really nice site. How crowded has the range been recently?

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD

Cheers!

Welcome! You may want to check out the AGC. They have a really nice facility in Marriottsville if that's not too far for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom