• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acratophorus

May 30, 2023
    Montgomery County
    Hi there from Montgomery County. Thanks for all the good info available in the forums. The threads have been really helpful during my wait getting my HQL and my first 77R approved.

If you ever happen to see someone with an M9 at Gilbert's with groupings that are appalling (bordering on questionable) please know that I know and I am ashamed of working on it.

Thanks!

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Hi there from Montgomery County. Thanks for all the good info available in the forums. The threads have been really helpful during my wait getting my HQL and my first 77R approved.

If you ever happen to see someone with an M9 at Gilbert's with groupings that are appalling (bordering on questionable) please know that I know and I am ashamed of working on it.

Thanks!
    Hello there. Welcome to MDS. :)

Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC

Thanks!
    Welcome. I go to Gilbert’s sometime. It’s not my favorite place but it’s close by so I suck it up and deal with it.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Thanks!
    Welcome

Acratophorus

May 30, 2023
    Montgomery County
    Thank you for all the kind welcomes!

Is the M9 your old service piece?

Hang in there. MOCO sucks.

In a way it's the complete opposite: my M9A4 is my first gun... ever! I actually grew up here in Montgomery County before settling back here as an adult and not many of my friends nor family members are very interested in firearms. I'd gone to a range a decade ago to plink a .22 using a Groupon (funny enough, at Gilberts) and recently thought it'd be fun to pursue again as a hobby.

Wow- it was a whirlwind wading through everything I'd need to do to make sure I was on the right side of the law. That's how I came across this forum! Now I'm a few weeks into learning how to shoot properly. I'm sure I'll have stupid questions once I look at getting a rifle or a shotgun (I've only shot handguns so far) but I'll do my best to use the search function before I do.

_PNT1557.jpg

Edit: It's an M9A4 but I recently put on A3 grips because my soft, frail thumb was getting sandpapered by the stock A4 one. I also replaced the plastic spring recoil guide with a metal one from Wilson Combat and put in a LTT recoil spring while I was at it.

Eventually I hope to start the NFA process for a suppressor but that seems pretty overwhelming, even beyond the approval process (for example, I thought it was just screwing on a can but it seems more complicated than that). Similarly, it looks like there aren't any great optics plates for the M9A4 yet, despite the cutout, so I should've done more research on that end as well... but I'm very pleased with it so far!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom