• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Hello all.

I have been shooting all my life, but never really bought anything besides a Mossberg 590. This past year because of all the panic, etc, I got caught up in the rush and bought the guns I really wanted to have. I probably won't purchase another firearm as long as I live in Maryland.

Besides firearms and shooting, I'm very interested in Motorsport and like to track my motorcycle. I am an experienced software engineer and do all kinds of things with computers. I like fishing and boats, most things that have motors, and aviation. I like airsoft and own airsoft replicas of my two firearms. I have too many hobbies so I could go on forever.

Said firearms are a Sig P226 MK25 and a Sig M400 SRP.

So, without further ado, my Sig Sauers:

20130801_183826.jpg

20130608_151152.jpg

I hope to learn from this community, and maybe contribute how and where I can.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Welcome aboard.

I used t do some offroad racing, currently ride a vintage gsxr1100, but getting to old for it (wrist, knee and back pain). Too bad they dont make a harley with 160hp that starts, stops and corners like a liter bike.

Most of my weekends during the summer are bass fishing on the Potomac or redfishing on the bay in my flats boat.

You'll find quite a few guys here share simiar interest other than firearms. Quite a diversity actually. You'll like it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Welcome, if you track your bike, I've bet I've either ridden with you on the track or street at some point.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Gear Store[/FONT][/FONT]

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Gents!

I've been reading around a bunch of topics on here. It's great to find an open forum for people who are opposed to the travesty of governance happening in Maryland to speak freely.

Where I work and play, I'm in a pretty obvious minority in which I much must generally endure the "common sense" opinions that people mutter to each other to feel better about themselves. It's morale crushing, since my training focuses on true logic and causality, and not mind-numbing political parroting.

You know, "limiting magazine sizes will magically solve _X_", "you don't need a gun in a civil society", "2A was from a time when everyone hunted", and the like...

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay in this state, given the current climate (not just for guns, but business, taxes, etc), but it's good to know there are so many quality citizens around :).

Anyway, enough of that! Thank you again for welcoming me to this community.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    Too bad they dont make a harley with 160hp that starts, stops and corners like a liter bike.

Right on!

I'm not a Harley guy myself (though I would ride a Buell if they still existed), but I know a guy who had an HD VRod and swore by it. It had great power and the handling wasn't half bad. That may be your answer on a "compromise" between sport and cruiser motorcycles.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Welcome from Frederick! I, too, am heavy into aviation. I love speed in four wheels and no wheels, but , if I had two I'd probably be dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom