• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I told Senator West after the hearing that we were all envious of his piece of Chocolate cake. He ate it so meticulously slow that you couldn't miss it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    What an exhausting day...and now I've got to try to get together some testimony for tomorrow (why didn't I do my homework over the weekend :rolleye12). As usual, it was great to see fellow patriots down there. Watching our senators call out the moms for their lack of support for the Gun Theft Felony Act of 2020 was an added bonus! Don't they relized that theft of a firearm also bypasses their precious background checks?!?!

ETA: does anyone else feel especially worn out after a long day down there? I'd like to blame just being surrounded by evil, but I think there is something else in the atmosphere that screws up my sinuses and fatigues my eyes. I always feel more drained and "blah" than I should, for the amount (or lack) of activity. Maybe it's just the evil. :shrug:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    For the record, I am brain dead too. I got home around 12:30 after eating with Perry and Danny. Testimonies were great again tonight. I feel like a couple of light bulbs went off during testimony. It was good to see everyone there today/tonight. Give am hell tomorrow Art3 and Kvontny!

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Love seeing all the red shirts bowing out before testimony is done.
    West did a pretty good job of making them look like the pre-programmed astroturf organization MDA is. No opinion on whether theft of a firearm should be a felony? Reallly? He was pushing Red Leader for her personal opinion, but you could see how terrified she was about deviating from the authorized postions and talking points. I almost felt sorry for her as she nervously sqirmed, hemmed, and hawed at questions that should have been softballs to a group that drones on about "gun crime".

Sen. Lee sure came off as a sock puppet. But I actually found myself agreeing with Waldstreicher on his anti- SWATting bill.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    West did a pretty good job of making them look like the pre-programmed astroturf organization MDA is. No opinion on whether theft of a firearm should be a felony? Reallly? He was pushing Red Leader for her personal opinion, but you could see how terrified she was about deviating from the authorized postions and talking points. I almost felt sorry for her as she nervously sqirmed, hemmed, and hawed at questions that should have been softballs to a group that drones on about "gun crime".

Sen. Lee sure came off as a sock puppet, too.

I got in late on the live feed and am sorry I missed this part! Hopefully MSI will post a clip of it soon enough.

To all of you who are absolutely worn out this morning, a very heartfelt "Thank You!" for standing up for the rest of us who couldn't be there. The young woman testifying on our side (sorry, I'm awful at putting names to faces to screen-names) was extremely eloquent and very impressive as were several others.

If this kind of bill comes around again next session. I think it appropriate to bring some short lengths of hardware-store pipe, an end-cap, and a nail for every member of the committee with a sheet illustrating how to put them together. Once they do, inform them that they would all now be felons under this kind of a law as they just manufactured a slam-fire shotgun. I'd also be tempted to print out the readily available copies of PA Luty's Expedient Homemade Firearms manual which shows how to build a fully-automatic SMG from simple hardware store parts. Ian McCollum makes an excellent and unbiased point in his video with ARES about the fact that you can't ban guns without also banning the knowledge of said guns. Luty set out to prove this in the UK and succeeded though it cost him his freedom.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Oh, and by the way, DC-W submitted several CAD files (in PDF) as part of his committee written testimony. Apparently they were printed out - all 1400+ pages - by the committee staff!

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD

Sen. Lee sure came off as a sock puppet. But I actually found myself agreeing with Waldstreicher on his anti- SWATting bill.

They are almost universally terrified, nervous, agitated, anxious humans. They are sheep because they want someone to tell them what to do. They need to be told what to do. They are terrified of everything, and assume everyone is just like them, so must be protected from themselves and everything that might be dangerous. Most of them have crazy eyes. Of course they cannot make such a monumental decision.

With that being said, there are a couple who are decent humans who honestly have had some kind of tragedy shape their opinions.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My LGS, who did speak on the gun shop bills, said one of our legislators asked them what states they were from and they (mad ladies) were not from MD.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    They demand to speak to the manager!

Attachments

• B625CF21-3018-4A30-BC5F-F041F91FC2E7.jpeg
      B625CF21-3018-4A30-BC5F-F041F91FC2E7.jpeg
      61 KB · Views: 734

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I think I *might've* convinced some of the mommies to stay. I came up to several of them, told them thank you for your perspective, but respectfully please stay and listen to our testimonies as this bill will send us to jail.

That's cool that you did that. I noticed that there were still quite a few moms that stuck around after they testified to listen to us. That is not a play from their handbook.

I submitted written testimony in favor of these 2 gun theft bills but did not testify verbally. I agreed with the Swatting bill as well. As far as the Moms not having a position on the theft of a gun bill... well that just reinforces the fact that they are solely focused on taking away guns, not necessarily preventing crime.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That's cool that you did that. I noticed that there were still quite a few moms that stuck around after they testified to listen to us. That is not a play from their handbook.

I submitted written testimony in favor of these 2 gun theft bills but did not testify verbally. I agreed with the Swatting bill as well. As far as the Moms not having a position on the theft of a gun bill... well that just reinforces the fact that they are solely focused on taking away guns, not necessarily preventing crime.

Because most of them are suburbanites. Crime is something that happens to someone else in a city. They are worried about mass shootings. That’s stuff that happens in the suburbs. Even though they are probably dozens of times more likely to get burglarized. Even living in the suburbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom