• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah , that what I meant type . The default assumption is the Respondent would eventually get the firearms back after ERPO no longer in force . No mention in statute of any ammunition.

Of course , we also must keep an eye on the proposed COMAR regulations .

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Mentioning COMAR, isn't there another chance to kill this bill during the writing of COMAR? Isn't there an approval process for the new rules?
    Sure and a chance it gets worse at that stage too, just like FSA2013 did.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That's exactly what Grabby Cathy, Jumpin' Jen and Bloomberg's pet lobbyist intended. This law is to be wielded like a bludgeon, nothing more.

And that's why it's up to the good police officers and sheriffs, everywhere, to tell their superiors the law is unconstitutional and refuse to carry out the illegal and immoral seizures.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'd wager if the antifa freaks and the rest of the social justice hate groups aren't already discussing how to misuse this law against police officers and vocal conservatives, they will be before long.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'd wager if the antifa freaks and the rest of the social justice hate groups aren't already discussing how to misuse this law against police officers and vocal conservatives, they will be before long.

That's been the plan all along. They had their targets set up before most of these Bills hits the floors of each state legislature.

Sit back and watch the show.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Respondent can't have ammo in possession - I assume that means reloading presses and components since that would be constructive possession...Will police be removing the presses and reloading components also?

The ERPOs will apply to "firearms" and "ammunition," defined (by cross-references in the bill) as follows:

"Firearm" means: (i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; or (ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon. (2) "Firearm" includes a starter gun.

Ammunition defined (a) In this section, "ammunition" means a cartridge, shell, or any other device containing explosive or incendiary material designed and intended for use in a firearm.

Primers, or empty cartridges with primers inserted, likely would be considered devices that contain incendiary material and are intended "for use in a firearm," and therefore would be included. A press and other machines used to prepare cartridges, etc, do not meet the definition.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Thought since it's an election year it was only 6 days? Or is that while they are in session only???

If a bill is presented to the governor during the first 83 days of the legislative session, the governor has only 6 days (not including Sunday) to act before the bill automatically becomes law. However, any bill presented in the last 7 days of the 90-day session or after adjournment, which is the case with respect to HB 1302, must be acted on within 30 days of being formally presented to the governor. The "presentment" must occur within 20 days of the end of the session, which is to say, by about the end of April.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So I am working and say "Hey Siri, send JT a message that I'm going to go shoot some pool" Send.
    JT says "OK, I have a shovel but need more lime"
    confused and looking at what I sent, Siri thought I said "shoot some fool" fake news actually but

I'm thinking a text may be enough to talk a Judge into an ERPO? Can I borrow your phone for a minute .. my battery is dead ... honey...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So I am working and say "Hey Siri, send JT a message that I'm going to go shoot some pool" Send.
    confused and looking at what I sent, Siri thought I said "shoot some fool" fake news actually but

I'm thinking a text may be enough to talk a Judge into an ERPO? Can I borrow your phone for a minute .. my battery is dead ... honey...

The frightening part to the Bill, is that it is so open ended, who knows what would set off an ERPO. Who knows? I doubt that anyone knows at this point.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Florida, I believe, has designed a Red Flag phone app. The "Students" had a lot to do with its development.

So every gun grabbing idiot can monitor every word said by every one.

If they SUSPECT someone has a made threat, they can use the app to bring the suspected threat to attention of the authoritah. Instant 1302ed.

We're in a place I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. Luckily humans can compartmentalize. Or folks would dwell on scary garbage like this 24/7/365.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom