• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    To bring up something that I mentioned a dozen or so pages ago, but saw no replies to, I wonder if while in the LEO's possession, they will run ballistics on the gun for either current or future comparisons to unsolved cases.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have sent him, and everyone else that I can think of including our sherriff and county commissioners and only steve Waugh responds, and hes the only rep down here who voted correctly everytime. and I am talking at least a hundred emails, and yes many are just duplicates sent just because.

I no longer get responses from our governor and sometimes my emails bounce back.

if he signs this bill and the bump stock bill he shouldn't be elected dog catcher anywhere anymore.

Sending e-mails to Sheriffs is a good idea.

Ask them to follow the constitution and resist what the state is asking them to do.

All sworn police officers should tell the state to pound sand. And demand that the MGA serve these seizure orders.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    you know what?

I guess the Commie democrats don't care if some innocent gun owner dies accidentally because somebody ERPO swatted him and he thought buglers were breaking into his house. :sad20:

thought about that, too. Then the lib media and the cops will state that the innocent person was deranged, etc. just look how this person shot at the cops. Nevermind breaking down the door and startling everyone.

like what would have happened and have been said if Cohen was protecting his house and shot back? I know he was not at home due to stuff being done to his house.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    To bring up something that I mentioned a dozen or so pages ago, but saw no replies to, I wonder if while in the LEO's possession, they will run ballistics on the gun for either current or future comparisons to unsolved cases.

I can't imagine them doing that.

I can imagine them leaving them to rust up in a damp basement.

Bad law full of malice malice malice.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Federal definitions do not govern here. Everything that you have mentioned, and more, is covered by the definitions found in the bill itself (House Bill 1302 Enrolled). Specifically, on page 28, line 25, the scope of "firearm" subject to seizure is governed by a cross-reference to a provision in current Maryland law, Public Safety Article, Title 5, Section 5-101(h)(1):

"Firearm" means: (i) a weapon that expels, is designed to expel, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; or (ii) the frame or receiver of such a weapon. (2) "Firearm" includes a starter gun.

On page 28, line 21, the bill cross-references Public Safety Article, Title 5, Section 5-133.1, to define "ammunition" subject to seizure, as follows:

Ammunition defined (a) In this section, "ammunition" means a cartridge, shell, or any other device containing explosive or incendiary material designed and intended for use in a firearm.

I think it would be far too expensive and time intensive with current technology to do that. There's a lot more, a whole lot more, to bullet ballistic forensics than shell casings. The state police did use to try doing that with shell casing markings, and try to get local police departments to participate. They would send departments who were willing a bullet trap. That of course was before somebody finally officially acknowledged that the shell casing markings are worthless for the most part.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I guess the Commie democrats don't care if some innocent gun owner dies accidentally because somebody ERPO swatted him and he thought buglers were breaking into his house. :sad20:

Considering, in the meeto age, how little they care about the possibility of innocent men's lives being destroyed by false accusations of sexual misconduct, I would say no, they won't care.

Guilty until proven innocent (and even then, you're still guilty of something) is the new normal.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I can't imagine them doing that.

I can imagine them leaving them to rust up in a damp basement.

Bad law full of malice malice malice.

It depends where they go. When I had a property room under my command citizens' guns were always kept safe and away from moisture in a dry vault room. Every handgun was boxed separate and my property officer would even oil and clean someone's gun for them while they were waiting for their case or whatever to be over if it made them feel better. Now that was where I worked. I can think of certain jurisdictions where it's probably a win for you if they don't lose some of your guns, let alone watch their condition.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I think it would be far too expensive and time intensive with current technology to do that. There's a lot more, a whole lot more, to bullet ballistic forensics than shell casings. The state police did use to try doing that with shell casing markings, and try to get local police departments to participate. They would send departments who were willing a bullet trap. That of course was before somebody finally officially acknowledged that the shell casing markings are worthless for the most part.

You mean it doesn't work as easy and fast as it does on TV on CSI and NCIS? :sarcasm:

I was just wondering if they would take the opportunity to grab more data, much like the DNA collection program.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It depends where they go. When I had a property room under my command citizens' guns were always kept safe and away from moisture in a dry vault room. Every handgun was boxed separate and my property officer would even oil and clean someone's gun for them while they were waiting for their case or whatever to be over if it made them feel better. Now that was where I worked. I can think of certain jurisdictions where it's probably a win for you if they don't lose some of your guns, let alone watch their condition.

I'm hoping that the police in the more Red counties will treat their citizens and their property better than say some of the Blue counties.
    I have been in contact with my sheriff and county executive during this legislative session but I did not receive a response. I'm sure they were in a holding pattern, before they wanted to make any comments. So, maybe I'll hear from the if it becomes law.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This came up in passing a few pages ago .

The FFL/ third party provisions don't kick in right away . IF at the time the ERPO no longer is in force ( canceled or expired ) , the Respondent is no longer eligible to own firearms, then FFL/ third party is in play .

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Whew! Finally made it to the end! Keeping up with this thread feels like homework :o

Just a thought...the "firearm" is the serialized part, right? Obviously one of the many sinister intentions of this bill (I'm not ready to call it law...) is the lack of advanced notice, so a potential responded wouldn't have time to dispose of or prep all her/his guns. If one thought this might be impending, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a bunch of less frequently used firearms ready to go: pistol frames only, revolvers without cylinders, rifles down to the action, lowers restripped...and all dripping with preservative. Not only would it save space (more could be packed in a case) and help fight rust, there could be some sour-grapes satisfaction in knowing they weren't going to resell or "lose" into a crooked employees personal collection any complete firearms. :shrug:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    When this gets implemented, they will require fully built firearms to be voluntarily handed over so the state can seize/confiscate/steal them.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Edited to remove questions about reloaded ammo mess ups...

Respondent can't have ammo in possession - I assume that means reloading presses and components since that would be constructive possession...

Will police be removing the presses and reloading components also? Is the property room have appropriate rating for storing powder and primers? Or will fire marshall destroy them? Will I be compensated if so?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Folks need to read the Bill.

5–608.
    (A) (1) A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WHO TAKES POSSESSION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION IN ACCORDANCE WITH AN EXTREME RISK PROTECTIVE ORDER SHALL, AT THE TIME THE FIREARM OR AMMUNITION IS SURRENDERED OR SEIZED:

(I) ISSUE A RECEIPT IDENTIFYING, BY MAKE, MODEL, AND SERIAL NUMBER, ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION THAT HAVE BEEN SURRENDERED OR SEIZED;
    (II) PROVIDE A COPY OF THE RECEIPT TO THE RESPONDENT;
    (III) RETAIN A COPY OF THE RECEIPT; AND
    (IV) PROVIDE INFORMATION TO THE RESPONDENT ON THE PROCESS FOR RETAKING POSSESSION OF THE FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ON THE EXPIRATION OR TERMINATION OF THE ORDER.

is it true that before you can receive your guns back that you need to go threw another back ground check for the second time

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    is it true that before you can receive your guns back that you need to go threw another back ground check for the second time

Yes, so they can confirm that you haven't become a prohibited person between the time your guns were seized, and the expiration of the ERPO.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    This came up in passing a few pages ago .

The FFL/ third party provisions don't kick in right away . IF at the time the ERPO no longer is in force ( canceled or expired ) , the Respondent is no longer eligible to own firearms, then FFL/ third party is in play .

Yes, so they can confirm that you haven't become a prohibited person between the time your guns were seized, and the expiration of the ERPO.

so if i understand bigfoot post i cant have my guns back

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom