• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sending it to conference could have been a ploy to kill the bill, like they did with Omnibus crime bill. Or it could have been a ploy to ram unvetted language through the legislature at the last second, language which we wont have time to digest.

See: FSA2013. It worked that time, with a little illegal help.

It's time to revolt.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They're the Gentry; the peasants' laws don't apply to them. :mad54:

I have been around district courts enough to have no doubt that if this bill passes the word will quietly filter down from on high that if at any time an Important Person of the Ruling Party should be the subject of an ERPO petition the state's attorney is to be immediately consulted first.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I don't often comment, mostly because y'all have a far better grasp of the issues than I do.

But, can someone tell me why the state of Maryland wants to pass a law that at least on the surface makes it easier to set up, and deprive innocent minorities, mostly males of their right to legally possess a firearm?

The potential for abuse makes Stop and Frisk seem like an affirmation of civil rights.

Because the Maryland General Assembly has become a paid division of Mike Bloomberg's Everytown anti-gun organization and the Democratic National Committee (aka Politburo).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yet another email to the Governor. Hope he reads them.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I emailed the governor again. And my senator. And delegate. Hoping they heed the will of the people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to the Governor's website? I've tried several time with both Chrome and Safari and get a "server dropped the connection" error. No problem loading other sites.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I did call Delegate Karen Young's Office. Today I told them how terrible this bill was and the Md GA has not made schools safe by hardening those schools with metal detectors that will stop metal objects
    and firearms in the door. HB 1301 is a violation of civil rights and unconstitutional.

Dear pcfixer,
    Thank you for contacting my office regarding gun violence. I appreciate that you have taken the time to express your views on this incredibly important issue. I agree that gun safety is necessary. We see the Parkland Massacre survivors standing up and demanding action. We have to listen and respond.
    Maryland has taken steps such as banning automatic weapons, limiting magazine capacity, and banning assault weapons. Maryland requires background checks on all private gun sales of handguns or semi-automatic weapons.
    I serve on the Health and Government Operations committee, so I rarely hear gun issues. For the most part, I trust the members of the Judiciary committee on gun legislation. However, I will always support common sense gun laws when they come before the full House of Delegates.
    I value your input on these very important and pressing issues, and thank you for raising awareness about gun violence. If our office can be of further assistance regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Delegate Karen Lewis Young, District 3A
    Maryland House of Delegates
    House Office Building, Room 416
    6 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
    Tel: (410) 841-3436, (301) 858-3436, 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3436 (toll free)
    E-mail: Karen.Young@House.State.md.us

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I did call Delegate Karen Young's Office. Today I told them how terrible this bill was and the Md GA has not made schools safe by hardening those schools with metal detectors that will stop metal objects
    and firearms in the door. HB 1301 is a violation of civil rights and unconstitutional.

Maryland requires background checks on private sales of semi automatic weapons??? really? I bought a shotgun and rifle last year and both were semi autos, just not md regulated ones.

have new laws been passed I don't know about or is this rep just so stupid it doesn't actually know what the law is?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

Wow - clueless. And she can vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom