• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So this Delegate took the time to check the republican leadership's direction.

Tells alot for the rest who didn't. Trust but verify:mad54:

It would beg the question, who in leadership boasted this claim? I'd like to know who told the R's to vote for these crappy Bills.

Who sold me out?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    And blaming the nra, who testified against both bills, is just another excuse and attempt to throw the blame from themselves

Everyone should send thank you emails to the delegates and senators who voted against these bills and scathing emails need to be sent to the traitors who voted for it

And I would like to again thank senator Steve Waugh for voting correctly and for letting us know zirkin didn’t like the bill

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So they were onboard with fake news and one of them created the fake news.

If that’s about my post

My senator said zirkin didn’t like the bill because he’s a due process guy and the traitors came to the senators asking them to do something to try and fix the bill because they, the republicans delegates didn’t think the backlash would be this bad and are using their leadership and the nra as their scapegoat

I want to know who in the republican leadership told them it was ok to shit on us and why but all I get are excuses,we Gaya pass something for the children, or crickets

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    If that’s about my post

My senator said zirkin didn’t like the bill because he’s a due process guy and the traitors came to the senators asking them to do something to try and fix the bill because they, the republicans delegates didn’t think the backlash would be this bad and are using their leadership and the nra as their scapegoat

I want to know who in the republican leadership told them it was ok to shit on us and why but all I get are excuses,we Gaya pass something for the children, or crickets
    I'm really not sure anymore lol. So they were initially told by other critters that the NRA is backing the infringements, which I am hoping is the fake news?

No need to answer, I'll keep checking back looking for what it is they have to pass.
    Thanks to everyone here for keeping up with this.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    A week has gone by and still no replies to my WTF was your major malfunction while voting for this atrocious bill e-mails.

Never had a gun grabbing season go by where they wouldn't respond.

The Republicans know they royally screwed up and they know, deep in their souls, what the repercussions of government overreach may be.

And they're terrified.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know how up to date this list is, but this is what I've found from the Republican leaders on the House.

MINORITY PARTY (REPUBLICAN) FLOOR LEADERS
    Nicholaus R. Kipke, Minority Leader (elected by Republican Delegates) (410) 841-3421, (301) 858-3421

Susan L. M. Aumann, Assistant Minority Leader (410) 841-3258
    Haven N. Shoemaker, Jr., Parliamentarian (410) 841-3359
    Kathy Szeliga, Minority Whip (elected by Republican Delegates) (410) 841-3698, (301) 858-3698

Neil C. Parrott, Assistant Minority Whip (410) 841-3636
    Deputy Minority Whips (appointed by Minority Leader & Minority Whip):
    Jason C. Buckel, Chief Deputy Minority Whip (410) 841-3404
    Steven J. Arentz (410) 841-3543
    Wendell R. Beitzel (410) 841-3435
    Charles J. Otto (410) 841-3433
    Teresa Reilly (410) 841-3278
    Deborah C. Rey (410) 841-3227
    Sid A. Saab (410) 841-3551

Jay A. Jacobs, Chair, Party Caucus (appointed by Minority Leader & Minority Whip) (410) 841-3449

Parttime

Sep 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    A week has gone by and still no replies to my WTF was your major malfunction while voting for this atrocious bill e-mails.

Never had a gun grabbing season go by where they wouldn't respond.

The Republicans know they royally screwed up and they know, deep in their souls, what the repercussions of government overreach may be.

And they're terrified.
    As they should be.
    Also reminded constantly that they screwed up and if a better alternative comes along they will be gone, come election day.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got this message back from Rick's assistant. I sent a request as to whom in the R's leadership would have ok'd this Bill. It would seem that Nic and Kathy MUST have played a major part in this fiasco. Makes since that Kathy had something to do with it, maybe this is why she's fallen off the face of the earth. Has anyone heard from her?

Good Afternoon,

Please see attached. The caucus leaders are Nic Kipke and Kathy Szeliga.

V/R

Tyler C. Walch
    LA/Del. Rick Impallaria
    District Seven
    Baltimore and Harford Counties
    Office: 410-841-3289

The attachment they spoke of was from Mautz and his response to the Bill's passing the House.

crxtech

Mar 20, 2009
    Northern Anne Arundel
    I emailed Rick Impallaria and asked how the Republican leadership possible believe that the NRA was in support of HB 1302 and Tyler C. Walch LA/Del. Rick Impallaria replied to me this image.

Attachments

• Mautz Letter.jpg
      Mautz Letter.jpg
      37.1 KB · Views: 334

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I emailed Rick Impallaria and asked how the Republican leadership possible believe that the NRA was in support of HB 1302 and Tyler C. Walch LA/Del. Rick Impallaria replied to me this image.

That's old news. We've seen this response some time ago. I want to know directly from my representative and Minority Whip, Kathy Seliga. Why would she tell other R's to vote for such horrendous Bills.

I guess she's going to stay quite, but that won't end too well for her. She needs to come out and explain herself. Take the heat now. She really shouldn't wait. She may find herself running a construction company again and not making any trips to Annapolis next year.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    I don't know how up to date this list is, but this is what I've found from the Republican leaders on the House.

MINORITY PARTY (REPUBLICAN) FLOOR LEADERS
    Nicholaus R. Kipke, Minority Leader (elected by Republican Delegates) (410) 841-3421, (301) 858-3421

Susan L. M. Aumann, Assistant Minority Leader (410) 841-3258
    Haven N. Shoemaker, Jr., Parliamentarian (410) 841-3359
    Kathy Szeliga, Minority Whip (elected by Republican Delegates) (410) 841-3698, (301) 858-3698

Neil C. Parrott, Assistant Minority Whip (410) 841-3636
    Deputy Minority Whips (appointed by Minority Leader & Minority Whip):
    Jason C. Buckel, Chief Deputy Minority Whip (410) 841-3404
    Steven J. Arentz (410) 841-3543
    Wendell R. Beitzel (410) 841-3435
    Charles J. Otto (410) 841-3433
    Teresa Reilly (410) 841-3278
    Deborah C. Rey (410) 841-3227
    Sid A. Saab (410) 841-3551

Jay A. Jacobs, Chair, Party Caucus (appointed by Minority Leader & Minority Whip) (410) 841-3449

Well the "leaderships" votes are all over the place:

Member HB888 HB1302
    Kipke y n
    Aumann y y
    Shoemaker n n
    Szeliga y y
    Parrott n n
    Buckel y n
    Arentz y y
    Beitzel y n
    Otto y n
    Reilly y n
    Rey y y
    Saab y y
    Jacobs y y

Kipke and Szeliga even share a flippin' office. Arentz and Jacobs were emailed by me at least 5 separate times about these bills. Sad.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It’s the republican and Democrats in the MGA against md gun owners.

And by phone or email the mga is not speaking to at least this md gun owner.

I am 2 hrs from Annapolis and when the get off at 5 I have to drive another hour away from Annapolis to take care of things for my father who’s 100% combat disabled and has had his prostate and some intestines removed along with a giant chunk of cancer off his liver a few months ago. I will get home after 9. So coming to Annapolis isn’t an option.

So what can folks like me do? Folks like me feel like the government absolutely doesn’t give two shits about us.

And I won’t be voting for any traitors who vote yes on this legislation or any other anti gun legislation

So what can I do?

This is a serious question

Scathing (but polite) letters, emails and phone calls to your senator and delegates actually do have an effect. Especially if you can convince others to do the same. Stress that you are a constituent; that you vote, and that you have a long memory and are influential in your circle of friends. Those key words will get their attention if they hear them enough.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    E-mail PSA: E-mails to Senators are being kicked back as undeliverable.

In-box is full. Please try again at a later date. Or contact the Senator directly.

Does this mean we're blowing up the system?

PS: I'm sick and f**king tired of doing this bullshyt every year. I think that's one of their goals too. Have us just give up. Capitulate!

EXACTLY RIGHT!

They don't realize they sound just like the "brat in the back seat" that keeps asking "Are we there yet?" every five minutes.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I have seen several texts that folks have shared with me, she is very defensive about being called out about this and especially being called anti-2A for her votes.

GOOD! Remind her that her actions have consequences. And that nobody that I know of (except a spouse) promised to support her permanently, regardless of any "indiscretions."

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Scathing (but polite) letters, emails and phone calls to your senator and delegates actually do have an effect. Especially if you can convince others to do the same. Stress that you are a constituent; that you vote, and that you have a long memory and are influential in your circle of friends. Those key words will get their attention if they hear them enough.

I have done all that and more. I called my delegate before these two votes and he swore he would vote no, he lied, and when I called back, repeatedly, his phone lady said either he or she didn't want to talk to me about it. he finally sent the dumbest email excuse I have ever seen or read so I let him have it with both barrels. hes dead to me now.

my senator voted correctly and I spoke with him, before and after and had some nice email exchanges with him.

now deb rey, she voted against us both times, she left me a snarky email saying call me if you want an answer and left her cell number. I have repeatedly, no answer and no response either way phone or email. she not responding to anyone.

my senator told me they, mine and the others republican delegates , are asking the senate to help them fix this mess because they didn't expect this type backlash. apparently we should just take it and ask for more and vote for them and send them money no matter how they vote.

anyway I have done all those things and many more but now I realize it doesn't matter to the majority of them. we are just a money source and vote when they want them and stepping stones to their future political aspirations.

I heard we were gonna get an excuse from the republican caucus but that got delayed due to the school shooting but I am sure its delayed until they need votes or money before they put out their excuse. I am sure they are also hoping the senate can drag this out until sine die but they have shown their true colors so it doesn't matter now.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I have Aumann and West as delegates. Neither responded to me. I told them I am a constituent and vote every election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom