• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It would beg the question, who in leadership boasted this claim? I'd like to know who told the R's to vote for these crappy Bills.

Who sold me out?

and what did they get , if, these bills pass for our rights?

exactly what was so valuable to them that they sold our rights for it?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I have done all that and more. I called my delegate before these two votes and he swore he would vote no, he lied, and when I called back, repeatedly, his phone lady said either he or she didn't want to talk to me about it. he finally sent the dumbest email excuse I have ever seen or read so I let him have it with both barrels. hes dead to me now.

my senator voted correctly and I spoke with him, before and after and had some nice email exchanges with him.

now deb rey, she voted against us both times, she left me a snarky email saying call me if you want an answer and left her cell number. I have repeatedly, no answer and no response either way phone or email. she not responding to anyone.

my senator told me they, mine and the others republican delegates , are asking the senate to help them fix this mess because they didn't expect this type backlash. apparently we should just take it and ask for more and vote for them and send them money no matter how they vote.

anyway I have done all those things and many more but now I realize it doesn't matter to the majority of them. we are just a money source and vote when they want them and stepping stones to their future political aspirations. I heard we were gonna get an excuse from the republican caucus but that got delayed due to the school shooting but I am sure its delayed until they need votes or money before they put out their excuse. I am sure they are also hoping the senate can drag this out until sine die but they have shown their true colors so it doesn't matter now.

yuuuuuppppp- and make no mistake about it, THAT is the only reason they will/are coming crawling back claiming ignorance. This is going to cost every last one of them votes, and they KNOW IT !!!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    and what did they get , if, these bills pass for our rights?

exactly what was so valuable to them that they sold our rights for it?

From what I can figure out, their prize is a hoped-for Hogan win and R control over redistricting.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    From what I can figure out, their prize is a hoped-for Hogan win and R control over redistricting.

From what I have read mike and mike have to accept his new map and have a certain amount of time to use it or theirs. If they use theirs any one can sue them. Md gerrymandering is already heading to scotus but there’s plenty of s chance that scotus won’t hear it. So why would they be scared of s lawsuit?

I wish md Was different but the mga holds all the cards and md is overrun with liberal Democrats who are scared of their own shadows so guns are a non starter with them.

It would be funny that the free state wasn’t free if it wasn’t so sad.

But explain to me how republicans shitting on gun owners equals hogan a guaranteed win anyway? And how selling our rights for votes gets us any farther ahead??

Republican reps hope doing that gets them votes from Democrats? Every democrat I know just pull the all d lever without hesitation, period.

It makes no sense. To me anyway

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Slight thread drift.

Zirkin announced from the Senate floor just a bit ago that there will be a voting session later today on the four gun bills heard in JPR on Friday, including 1302.

Back to your regularly scheduled bitch fest....

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Slight thread drift.

Zirkin announced from the Senate floor just a bit ago that there will be a voting session later today on the four gun bills heard in JPR on Friday, including 1302.

Hopefully the republicans can redeem themselves??

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Slight thread drift.

Believe session begins at 6:30pm.

When they come to your house in full SWAT gear, and you open the door, you have a very quick decision to make. I chose to live when it happened to me.
    Go back in this thread to last Friday night. You can find my verbal testimony.
    In the future, I will not be answering the door.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    From what I have read mike and mike have to accept his new map and have a certain amount of time to use it or theirs. If they use theirs any one can sue them. Md gerrymandering is already heading to scotus but there’s plenty of s chance that scotus won’t hear it. So why would they be scared of s lawsuit?

I wish md Was different but the mga holds all the cards and md is overrun with liberal Democrats who are scared of their own shadows so guns are a non starter with them.

But explain to me how republicans shitting on gun owners equals hogan a guaranteed win anyway? And how selling our rights for votes gets us any farther ahead??

Republican reps hope doing that gets them votes from Democrats? Every democrat I know just pull the all d lever without hesitation, period.

I pretty much agree with you.

I suppose their thinking is since Hogan is still pretty popular, even with Democrats, that, along with proving he's not a 2A supporter will carry enough Ds and those in the middle to win.

In another post I mentioned why I'm not confident this strategy will work. The main reasons he won last time was a combination of a lame D candidate and hubris on their side. I would guess the Democrat leadership in MD has figured that out and will do all they can to counter it this time.

Anyway, that's my inference from all this and I could easily be way wrong, but I think the Rs thought Hogan's re-election and getting a shot at the redistricting was worth throwing us to the wolves.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The SCOTUS hearing was actually today.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The SCOTUS hearing was actually today.

Saw that after I posted

It’s not clear to me that they will fix Maryland but they said on the news if they do something it will be after the election

I still don’t think mike and mike give two shits

I hate md politics

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Anyone know what age a petitioner must be to file for an Extreme Risk Protection Order? Could a 17 year old child file a complaint against a parent? Or even a 16, 17 or 18 year old child file a complaint against a neighbor? Against a teacher?

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    When they come to your house in full SWAT gear, and you open the door, you have a very quick decision to make. I chose to live when it happened to me.
    Go back in this thread to last Friday night. You can find my verbal testimony.
    In the future, I will not be answering the door.

I posted info !!!! on the seattle issue that squared up what was posted before so whats the issue bro

usc45cal

nothing
    Nov 14, 2009
    Anyone know what age a petitioner must be to file for an Extreme Risk Protection Order? Could a 17 year old child file a complaint against a parent? Or even a 16, 17 or 18 year old child file a complaint against a neighbor? Against a teacher?
    no atleast not in the states in place read the last link I posted for the seattle red flag

It seems that it is a state to state decision right now , but the NRA is on the Md side to squash the bill after voting yes for six other states ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom