• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why?
    Because first and foremost they are politicians, not 2A advocates, not Conservatives, not Patriots and not Americans. They are politicians and all that really matters to them is getting re elected and the power that comes with it. Fair weather friends, at best.

Because we ARE their base. Watch how fast their numbers drop without their 2A support. After all, this is Maryland. Do you think a Republican will garner any support without us? Who's going to throw their support towards their anti 2A stance?

A Republican who doesn't support the 2A is just another Democrat in this state.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Why didn't we all include our screen names when mingling. I wish I could put a face to the screen names who were there. I only recognized 6-7 of you.
    I was the 46yo, 6'4", WM, glasses, maroon shirt/jeans and "It Happened To Me" testimony.
    You should have worn your MDS name tag.

Watched your testimony on the online video. Bloody good show sir (though I am sorry it ever happened to you)!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why didn't we all include our screen names when mingling. I wish I could put a face to the screen names who were there. I only recognized 6-7 of you.
    I was the 46yo, 6'4", WM, glasses, maroon shirt/jeans and "It Happened To Me" testimony.

Why, we all know who you are and how you like your pig (sandy)?

Very nice job by the way, I would bet that given your personal experience, you might have been able to get an extra minute past the buzzer.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Tag, you’re it, SqG...

The fight continues behind the scenes on a bill that has massive problems in construction, not to mention being antithetical to an Oath taken by a legislator, oh so long ago (as to be forgotten).

Why, we all know who you are and how you like your pig (sandy)?

Very nice job by the way, I would bet that given your personal experience, you might have been able to get an extra minute past the buzzer.

After several hours of watching testimony, my speech changed. I decided to slap them and leave them dazed and confused- before they were able to compose an anti-2A response. Thus "Thanks for your time" and immediately turning my back without waiting for questions.
    I saw too many people repeat the same points and continue speaking after their point was made. All that does is gives them time to mentally prepare a snarky question/response.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am attaching the written testimony that I submitted in opposition to the House-passed version of HB 1302, for the March 23 Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee hearing, at which I also made a two-minute presentation. Much of the verbiage in my written testimony was focused on the empowerment of "any other interested person" to file a petition for an "interim extreme risk prevention" order. As others have already reported above, some prominent proponents of the legislation were walking away from that provision during the hearing. However, even if "any other interested person" is stricken, there would remain provisions that would be subject to abuse, and constitutional problems. Regarding these, some may find good use for some of the material that I included in the attached written testimony, including quotes from the California ACLU in opposition to a "red flag" bill that was subsequently vetoed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) in 2016, and quotes from the Rhode Island ACLU against a "red flag" bill currently pending in that state's legislature.

Could not have said it better!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    So I got thinking this morning, more people are killed by drunk drivers than firearms. Lets turn this around. Any concerned citizen contacts the police and says my neighbor is a drunk and I fear for peoples lives. Police confiscate his vehicle while he has to prove he isn't. After spending months and $$$ proving he isn't a drunk, then how long to get his car back? Or texting and driving, take their car away, or drugs.....

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    So they actually passed this piece of crap HB 1302? This is the same gun confiscation garbage they tried to slip into SB 281 a few years back. Remember the one that took away the 20 round magazine, etc.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So they actually passed this piece of crap HB 1302? This is the same gun confiscation garbage they tried to slip into SB 281 a few years back. Remember the one that took away the 20 round magazine, etc.
    It passed the House of Delegates and is currently sitting in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee where it received a second public hearing on Friday, 23MAR2018. It awaits further action there as of the posting of this message. The Chairman indicated that "they have to pass something" and will be working on the bill within the next several days to include any additional amendments/changes that JPR wants to make.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    This works both ways...As indicated by himself, Speaker Busch is a gun owner and I believe I've read Mike Miller is one as well...They are absolutely a threat...Someone who lives close-ish should test drive this new law (once our not so 2A friendly governor signs it of course)

I bet the Governor makes a big deal about signing it. Probably force some 2A people to stand behind while he does.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom