• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have been told the only hope is the Senate kicks it back , if the Senate votes in favor it is a done deal . Simonaire Rep said she will tell him about it , I don't hold too much faith in him . He is a flat out disgrace .

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Yeah, if the Senate votes in favor then the only thing that happens is that if the language is different it goes to committee to get rewritten. It doesn't go back to the house unless it doesn't pass the Senate.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I have spent a lot of time on the three peninsula's delivering oysters in the late 60's, 70's and 80's. I still go there regularly along with sw va. great people all right. I have relatives down there also.

so yep, they can be a bit clannish, kinda like southern md, but not as bad. and there are really nice places to live down there and surprisingly affordable, especially if you don't mind an older house with property.

I have been looking at a 77 acre tract for 90k for a little while but I am still thinking I would like to go to sw va.

anyway it is a great place. now urbana and Irvington and especially kilmarnok are getting gentrified but not like here, no where near like here.

anyway its an option and now they have more hospitals and healthcare options than they did in the past also.

and anywhere you go your an implant, at least for a while.

I have 40 acres on the neck and can’t wait to GTFO Maryland. My best friend, his family and folks left MD about 20 years ago. He’s a career AA county firefighter and 2 properties from mine. Beautiful area, decent like minded people.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have 40 acres on the neck and can’t wait to GTFO Maryland. My best friend, his family and folks left MD about 20 years ago. He’s a career AA county firefighter and 2 properties from mine. Beautiful area, decent like minded people.

Great !!! Your a smart man for leaving this ********

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    so are you saying their will be no amendments

I don't have a crystal ball, but what I am saying is, if there aren't then Kipke and the rest do not get a second chance to vote. And Kipke has come out and said he would remain green on 1302, as for the rest, they all seem to think that a second bite at the apple will absolve them of their previous sins.

How wrong they are.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I don't know how you all are able to find/make the time to keep doing this, but we cannot thank you enough :bowdown: The little participation Katie and I are able to contribute is a bit of a strain. It's especially frustrating because we shouldn't have to be rearranging our lives to do this. The Constitution is supposed to protect us, not the other way around :mad54:

Keep up the good fight :mdpatriot:

Hang in there, this being an election year, you might have a chance to host your own picket closer to home.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    mautz.jpg

He thinks voting against it will absolve him of his sins....

I really don't think so.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    For HB888, that's accurate. But HB1302 is still in SJPC on the Senate side, and could be amended.

HB0888 could be amended as well, likewise SB0707, and then sent back to their respective houses.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I did yesterday as well.

Per Krebs, if Deb Ray did not vote for HB 888, she would have lost the election. Same for Szlegia. She implied that for her and Rose (on HB 888).

She gave me the same story on HB 1302. Kept repeating Dylan Roof, Dylan Roof. Also got the 99% NRA A+ tome.

Seems Haven Shoemaker had no trouble voting NO.

Spoke with Ready's office, and I saw he was the mensch he always is, and voted to save freedom. We live near his dad, and a finer family you will NEVER meet.

Off now to slug down a bunch of Bourbon. :sad20:

With these two votes, they can kiss that goodbye

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    How long does it take for the NRA to re-evaluate ones rating? Seeing this vote has to make one wonder!! Perhaps the NRA would contact said Rs as well. I know very few gun owners that have even heard about this bill, very sneaky, like rats in the night.
    I'm not shocked that they go by what their colleagues tell them as opposed to actually reading a bill, wtf.

The NRA will hand out grades after the legislative session, it is a combination of their voting record and how they answer a questionaire.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Finally a day I can come. Ok we got it this far for a hearing. In light of what happened today in St Mary's County this will be a CF, but also an opportunity to expose why these bad bills just make things worse.

Who else is in for 3/29?

It will more than likely be a sponsor only hearing, and not a public hearing. We certainly can be there for the hearing and show our opposition to the bill.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    That sucks! How to know?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Chairman Zirkin has been fairly specific in his time as Chair - crossed-over bills are almost exclusively sponsor-only, with some getting a sponsor-panel. The committee usually posts an announcement under the sign-in screens once crossed-over bills are the primary, so I would expect to see that notice when I next go to Naptown.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    How do we know whether this is a sponsor only meeting. Sounds like a violation of some open meeting rule somewhere.

Per statements from the various committees (we have specifically heard it from BOTH judicial committees over the years) - the bill received a public-input hearing in the house of origin, the hearing in the crossed-over house is a formality of presentation and support request from the partner house sponsor. Not saying it is right, but that it "is the way it has always been done".

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Per statements from the various committees (we have specifically heard it from BOTH judicial committees over the years) - the bill received a public-input hearing in the house of origin, the hearing in the crossed-over house is a formality of presentation and support request from the partner house sponsor. Not saying it is right, but that it "is the way it has always been done".

I will translate that as "the fix is clearly in." Because that is "the way it has always been done"

Strictly speaking, as I recall, this was amended after the committee hearing. So there has not been a committee hearing on the current version bill as it passed over from the house. Nor is this bill the same as what the sponsor originally proposed. Just saying. This is not the original language of the bill that was heard in the house committee.

MorkFromOrk

Mar 18, 2018
    I apologize if this is a repeat of a previous post. There was a lot of action on this in the last few days. You can blame it on the newb "Junior Member." I just discovered NRA has a great tool to respond to the Maryland legislation actions relative to firearms at: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180316/maryland-multiple-gun-control-bills-on-the-move. You can modify their canned email and then it will be automatically sent to the appropriate legislators. Obviously, the more they hear on the right side of the issues, they are more likely to be swayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom