• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Right, thats what they said about VA. We'll see how Cruz does in Nov before I make up my mind on this.

When it takes you more than 10 hours to drive from 1 end of Texas to the other, I don't think 2 cities are going to sway the entire state into becoming a hotbed for Democrats.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    When it takes you more than 10 hours to drive from 1 end of Texas to the other, I don't think 2 cities are going to sway the entire state into becoming a hotbed for Democrats.

Possibly, but I am in wait and see mode. I have read about a lot of Silicon Valley types leaving for TX (and CO). Republicans in California are to the left of some Democrats in Texas. Like New Yorkers moving to Charlotte, they will bring politics with them. It never seems to occur to people to keep things they way that they are and preserve the reason they left.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I know this is an extreme measure, but who among us will leave this state if those Bills are passed into laws?

I know most of us can't just up and walk away. But who's planning their escape?

To my surprise, my wife indicated a desire to leave the area, just yesterday.

We're in Takoma Park. It's far from the place it was 40 years ago, and it makes me nervous to be around these people. I can easily see a neighbor noticing my loading a few firearms into my car, and utilising the new bill to get me stripped of my firearms and my rights. I don't plan on dropping six figures to defend myself and get my (probably ruined) collection back, so it would be better to bail in advance.

If we leave the Monkey County hellhole, remaining in MD would be stupid.

Family ties make it tough; VA and PA are close, but close-in NoVa is no better than MoCo, and PA is turning purple. I'm not interested in yet another move. I suppose WV is possible.

Idaho would be nice, but I'd never see the family again.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    To my surprise, my wife indicated a desire to leave the area, just yesterday.

We're in Takoma Park. It's far from the place it was 40 years ago, and it makes me nervous to be around these people. I can easily see a neighbor noticing my loading a few firearms into my car, and utilising the new bill to get me stripped of my firearms and my rights. I don't plan on dropping six figures to defend myself and get my (probably ruined) collection back, so it would be better to bail in advance.

If we leave the Monkey County hellhole, remaining in MD would be stupid.

Family ties make it tough; VA and PA are close, but close-in NoVa is no better than MoCo, and PA is turning purple. I'm not interested in yet another move. I suppose WV is possible.

Idaho would be nice, but I'd never see the family again.

a lotta nice places in the northern neck and that's not a bad ride. and a lotta the folks are tea party republicans

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    deleted. This is just personal...but musing about other, nicer places to live outside MD means the ANTIs are in my head.

Can't blame anyone else who is thinking outloud about it....especially those who can cut their ties and take their pensions with them.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The Northern Neck is a really nice part of VA. Great people, laid back.

Anyone moving there will have to understand about the "Come Here's". Pretty much the same as how NC feels about the flood of New Yorkers moving there.

Basic Rule: You are "from the Northern Neck" is your family has been there for generations. But if you arrived in the Northern Neck--say, brought there as a child by your parents and you are now collecting Social Security--you are still a "Come Here" to the locals...

I have spent a lot of time on the three peninsula's delivering oysters in the late 60's, 70's and 80's. I still go there regularly along with sw va. great people all right. I have relatives down there also.

so yep, they can be a bit clannish, kinda like southern md, but not as bad. and there are really nice places to live down there and surprisingly affordable, especially if you don't mind an older house with property.

I have been looking at a 77 acre tract for 90k for a little while but I am still thinking I would like to go to sw va.

anyway it is a great place. now urbana and Irvington and especially kilmarnok are getting gentrified but not like here, no where near like here.

anyway its an option and now they have more hospitals and healthcare options than they did in the past also.

and anywhere you go your an implant, at least for a while.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Has anyone made a determination as to whether this will actually go back to the house?

Copying and pasting and hitting send year after year is always fun.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Finally a day I can come. Ok we got it this far for a hearing. In light of what happened today in St Mary's County this will be a CF, but also an opportunity to expose why these bad bills just make things worse.

Who else is in for 3/29?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Has anyone made a determination as to whether this will actually go back to the house?

Copying and pasting and hitting send year after year is always fun.
    If the Senate changes anything it will

Only way it won't is if the Senate adopts the house bill verbatim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom