Have you ever been called out for carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Does being called out for NOT carrying count?

About a month after the Freddie Gray Riots, I had stopped for a refill of my caffeine of choice at the Royal Farms near the MSP BWI Barracks. Two troopers (assigned to a single cruiser conveniently parked next to my car) came up to me as I was returning to my car (Vol FD tags) and this was the conversation:

TRP1: "Evening. Curiosity question for you - are you carrying?"
    Me: "No, sir; I don't have a permit and wouldn't want to break the law."
    TRP1: "If I were in your shoes, I'd be carrying everywhere I went these days; y'all are at risk too. Ain't none of us gonna say a thing about it."
    TRP2: "Have a good night; consider your options."
    Now that’s as it should be.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I pocket carry and no one has ever noticed, other than my very close friends that carry as well and know I do. As we know, most people, don't even think to be looking for someone printing. Heck, I don't even look for printing as I go about my daily business.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Kind of. No one has ever seen me printing and pointed out to me but I get hugged a lot at work :lol2: One time someone's hand hit the grip of my P365XL (iwb) and asked me about it. I just said it was a medical device.

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    I called out some douche waffle at a chic fil a one time. His fat ass had a pistol flopping in the wind so bad a baby could’ve pulled it from his holster. Whatever... I didn’t dn’t know it was open carry as well as concealed, thought I was helping him out. Turned out he was just a fat slob and his wife a twat. Hope your on this forum. Douche. Quarter field road about 10yrs ago this Christmas season.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    We have a guy at work who is a very long-time friend of the owner. He drives the boss around and takes out clients to entertain them in the Luxury Spinter van. He carries at 3 oclock and generally just wares T shirts. If not, printing badly, it's basically OC. I think he will soon have issues to deal with.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Yup, i was carrying in small of back and a gal I was dating popped over and gave me a groping hug and said is that gun? Freaked her out and the 50 questions started.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    We have a guy at work who is a very long-time friend of the owner. He drives the boss around and takes out clients to entertain them in the Luxury Spinter van. He carries at 3 oclock and generally just wares T shirts. If not, printing badly, it's basically OC. I think he will soon have issues to deal with.
    What issues?? It's covered by a t shirt

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My point is, that most of the time the shirt rides up and gets caught above the gun. So, it's often exposed partially or fully.
    Printing and inadvertent showing are not against the concealed carry portion of the upcoming law.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I’ve never been called out but I think people have notice.

At Oscar Ale House in Eldersburg, I was walking back to my table after taking a piss. I noticed a guy at a nearby table really observing me pretty hard but trying to be covert about it. I mentioned it to my wife when I got back to my table and she told me both he and his wife had turned around to look at me the first time I passed them on the way to the bathroom. I’m certain that they both noticed my firearm printing.

One time at the grocery store checkout, a chatty checkout lady suddenly went very quiet. I caught her glancing at my midsection, I’m pretty sure she noticed a print.
    LoL when was it... might have been me. But don't worry, I was carrying too. ;)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    No... wasn't me then. The wife and I do visit Oscars quite a bit.... love their onion rings. If you are ever in there and see a heavyset balding guy with glasses and a glorious handlebar moustache, say hi.

Haha will do. Oscars is on the very short list of places we eat.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    They beep when I go in the store with my pocket knife

I carry a fairly large knife every day and everywhere, and visit any one of about 8 WM's in the area often depending upon where I am at the time. I have never set off one of their detectors.

I suspect you have an RFID tag somewhere, like inside a shoe as someone else did, or possibly tucked inside a wallet, behind a fold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom