• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Are those goons seriously going to try that again?

As the saying goes ... "It ain't over till the fat lady sings", and The HildeBeast doesn't do opera.

Or better analogies would be ... "Until you drive a stake through the heart of a vampire or destroy the brain of a zombie, they will continue to come back to feed on the living." ... speaking figuratively, of course. :rolleyes:

WitnessS40c

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 16, 2012
    If this passed how would it affect law abiding citizens from purchasing a variety of firearms, say in Maryland?

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    If this passed how would it affect law abiding citizens from purchasing a variety of firearms, say in Maryland?

Depends on the final wording of the treaty anywhere from more paper work to no longer being able to buy and the government going for those with guns. Most likely it would restrict who can by even more and block the sale of "bad" guns depending on who defines that bb guns will likely be safe but everything else is up for grabs.

Thanks
    Robert

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    You know, if I were a UN small arms guru, I'd be proposing an alternate treaty.

All small arms must be disposed of by sale to the legitimate civilian market. And the United States would be required to be the Market of Last Resort, required to allow anything safe to shoot to be sold. :-)

(Which would work, as the American market is saturated. There's no politically destabilizing effect to selling us more guns to put in our vaults.)

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The Small Arms Treaty did NOT pass at the UN, neither in July nor recently behind any closed doors.

Having been shot down in July, they simply renewed their charter (and contributions) by shaking their fists angrily while holding their collective breath.

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs//2012/dc3389.doc.htm
    According to the text, Member States renewed their pledge to rid the world of the scourge brought upon it by the illicit manufacture, transfer and circulation of small arms and light weapons, and their excessive accumulation and uncontrolled spread in many parts of the world.* They also committed to mobilizing the necessary political will and resources to implement the Programme of Action and the International Tracing Instrument, with the aim of achieving clear and tangible results over the next six years, through 2018.

Yes...they will be back...

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    2 F()CKING HOURS! That is all it took... 2 F()CKING HOURS!

All of you that posted here that it wasn't going to happen need to WAKE THE F()CK UP! Your rights are going to be slowly eroded and you are going to smile and say thank you. Absolutely unreal how naive people can be.

2 F()CKING HOURS!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107

"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    "We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.

Keep believing that shit dude. Keep believing it.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Keep believing that shit dude. Keep believing it.

No... I am just quoting the article. I believe he is taking a few small steps and then he will be trying to make a huge leap and attempt something that would be incredibly stupid...I think there is an estimate of 200 million guns in this country... Good luck getting all of them! People are very strong about there right to bear arms... I know I do.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    He said he would cut the deficit and unemployment would be under 5.5 % as well. How did that work out for us? He is going to do everything he can to get UN crap shoved down our throat. He will use EO to slide this through without the 2/3 majority. I just hope that this forum is around when it happens so we can all reflect back on the it ain't gonna happen comments. I personally don't trust him. If you do that is your right for now.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    He said he would cut the deficit and unemployment would be under 5.5 % as well. How did that work out for us? He is going to do everything he can to get UN crap shoved down our throat. He will use EO to slide this through without the 2/3 majority. I just hope that this forum is around when it happens so we can all reflect back on the it ain't gonna happen comments. I personally don't trust him. If you do that is your right for now.

While Feinstein will support him in signing this treaty, he'll never get the 60 votes required to ratify. Just because the Ambassador to the UN signs off on it doesn't mean we will ever actually abide by it. Look at Kyoto, it was far less controversial than this would be, and even with all the media hysterics that we needed to ratify it, we still haven't.

No, he'll go the EPA route again and use OSHA to declare that gunpowders and primers used in ammunition and declare them a health hazard to the point that dealers would need a super clean room to store it. That won't even need an EO.

Can we stop it, absolutely. But we can't continue to play the "he's a nice guy, we just disagree with him." charade any longer. We have to inform the public just how radical and antiAmerican he is. (granted, it seems that mush of the electorate is anti-American now too)

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I'll keep saying it. Gun Control is already a done deal. It's part of the Affordable Health Care Act.

Behind closed doors a faceless bureaucrat will decide your health care premiums. You will find yourself in a higher risk category than HIV positive crack whores. Since the CDC has already declared gun violence an "epidemic" that needs to be "cured" the same way any other disease is cured.

So after private health care is gone in 3 years, gun owners can choose to put the rest of the country at risk by keeping their guns and paying $30,000 premiums for everyone in the house that has guns in it. Or they can choose to be "cured" and have all their guns destroyed.

i wouldn't be shocked if gun owners were denied access to hospital services as they are a danger to other patients.

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    Funny how they use Syria as an example of why we need gun control. Yep, that way the Syrian govt could simply kill off dissidents without worrying about them actually fighting back. Good plan.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

Considering a very large number of guns available for sale in the US are imported, it will have consequences to gun sales. It may be true that “domestic gun sales” will not be affected, expect prices to rise and selection to diminish due to lack of competition. Add in the C&R imports and you start to see which way the tide is running.

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    well one aspect to look at this treaty is a fair number of guns are imported. if more investment groups such as what we saw with Cerberus buying Remington, h&r, marlin, ect, all it would really take to *disrupt* not halt the sale of guns but disrupt them, was to just start buying up more and more large american fire arms producers and just slowly halt production or just turn to exports. smaller companies would try to fill the gap but they can only do so much with out taking 3 years worth of back orders. the concept is - slow the river head and the river will slowly dry up. or the other option is to just buy up ammunition producers. even with alot of people stock piled and the ability to reload, by halting the production of ammunition you could get around the second ammendment - i.e. not taking away guns, but taking away ammunition.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Perhaps you folks should read the actual Constitution. The wording is , to pass a treaty requires 2/3 of the Senators PRESENT. Not 2/3 of the senators. That is how we got income taxes and the Feral, uh Federal Reserve. I have no problem believing that Mary Reed would invite some of the compliant anti gunners to a "special session" to get the vote that he wants. Heads up folks, Treason is afoot.

Jesse in Rockville

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom