Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Third Rail.jpg

:smack: :shrug:

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Still not showing up on the MSM, but I trust this source seeing as Gotleib started his own UN NGO, IAPCAR. The guy knows what he's talking about.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    6th Congression District. Bartlett.

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the UN Arms Trade Treaty. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

The Constitution guarantees your Second Amendment right to "keep and bear arms." I am a strong supporter of your Second Amendment right, and will oppose any encroachment upon a Constitutionally-guaranteed civil liberty. In addition, to protect our Constitution, all treaties must be ratified by the U.S. Senate. As a Member of the House, I will not have the opportunity to vote on the ratification of this treaty; however, I encourage you to contact your Senators, Senator Barbara Mikulski and Senator Ben Cardin about this pressing issue.

Until President Barack Obama took office in 2009, the United States has opposed membership to such a treaty. The Bush Administration, although leading the international war on terrorism, ardently proclaimed its disapproval of the UN Arms Trade Treaty by voting against the resolution that initiated the treaty-building process in 2006. By joining onto this treaty, the United States would be subjected to a menagerie of international gun-control policies, thereby limiting your Second Amendment right. I do not support any infringement upon America's sovereignty to govern.

In efforts to protect your Constitutional rights, I've cosponsored the Second Amendment Protection Act of 2011, H.R. 3584. This act expresses the sense of the Congress that the United States should not adopt any treaty that poses a threat to national sovereignty or abridges any rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution, and the intent to withhold funding from the United nations unless the President certifies that the United Nations has not taken action to restrict the rights of individuals in the United States to keep and bear arms.

Thank you again for bringing this important issue to my attention. Please keep me informed on issues that are important to you. In the meantime, I encourage you to visit my website http://www.bartlett.house.gov where you can sign up for e-mail updates.

Sincerely,
    Roscoe Bartlett
    Member of Congress

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Response from Senator Cardin:
    Thank you for writing me about the United Nations global Arms Transfer Treaty (ATT). This treaty, first introduced in 2006, is currently being negotiated in the United Nations.

Provided the ATT is passed out of the United Nations, the United States Senate would then consider ratification. Ratification of treaties requires two-thirds of Senators to vote in favor of the treaty. If the treaty comes before the Senate I will take your views into consideration.

Thank you for sharing your views with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of concern to you.

Please visit my website at http://cardin.senate.gov/contact/newsletter/ to sign up for my e-newsletter.

Darkknight

Mar 22, 2008
    Parsonsburg, md
    Response from Senator Cardin:
    Quote:
    Thank you for writing me about the United Nations global Arms Transfer Treaty (ATT). This treaty, first introduced in 2006, is currently being negotiated in the United Nations.

Provided the ATT is passed out of the United Nations, the United States Senate would then consider ratification. Ratification of treaties requires two-thirds of Senators to vote in favor of the treaty. If the treaty comes before the Senate I will take your views into consideration.

Thank you for sharing your views with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of concern to you.

Please visit my website at http://cardin.senate.gov/contact/newsletter/ to sign up for my e-newsletter.

I'm pretty sure he told you to go "F" yourself, but I'm not sure!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    [FONT=&quot]

Fron CCRKBA:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    ccweblogo_01.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    ccweblogo_02_01.gif

ccweblogo_02_03.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]CCRKBA CREDITS GRASSROOTS FOR U.S.
    DECISION TO NOT SIGN ARMS TREATY[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BELLEVUE, WA – The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today applauds the decision by the United States to not sign the proposed International Arms Trade Treaty, and CCRKBA credits grassroots action for the gun rights victory.

CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, who is at the United Nations in New York, said the announcement came Friday morning after a week of intense negotiations.

“I think the grassroots surge by American gun owners against this treaty convinced our government to not sign this document,” Gottlieb said. “The proposed treaty, as written, poses serious problems for our gun rights, and the sovereignty of our Second Amendment.”

CCRKBA has been active in raising public awareness about the proposed treaty, and Gottlieb said he is proud of members and supporters who made “stepped up to the plate” and contacted their U.S. senators.

“This is freedom in action,” Gottlieb stated. “We are gratified that so many did so much to protect their Second Amendment rights from an international gun rights grab.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    <Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>​
    Copyright © 2012 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.​
    [FONT=&quot]Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org[/FONT]​

T​

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival

Chuck Norris NAILS it on TownHall.com -

The UN Gun Control Treaty Is Bad for Gun Owners Everywhere

What can we do? We can ensure that we have a president who will not support the treaty and a Senate that will not ratify it. That's not a one-time commitment. Remember that once a treaty is enacted, it can be picked up at any time by a president and Senate. There are smaller gun control treaties that have been floating around the Senate for ratification since 1998.

CHANGE that we can live with ... in other words, vote the SoB's out of office this Novemember and keep the gun-grabbers out of office in the future.

What can you do? You can make sure that you and every freedom-loving American you know is registered to vote. I'm proud to serve as the honorary chairman of Trigger The Vote, the National Rifle Association's nonpartisan campaign to register voters who support the Second Amendment. We've made it easy on our website; all the tools to register are there, at http://www.TriggerTheVote.org. If you're already registered, you probably know someone who isn't. Share the stakes with that person, and urge him or her to join the rolls of informed voters.

I can hear ya now ... it's just Norris 'pimpin' for the NRA. But, you can carry the message without spending a dime. Vote like your 2A right depends on it ... because it DOES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom