• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Question...

In MD, the ownership of a handgun or a regulated long gun is assigned to a specific person.

So, at some future date, for whatever reason, the owner of that firearm is challenged by police on the location of that firearm and since this was anonymous and no paperwork was done on the "transfer" how would that person prove that they were no longer in possession of the firearm?

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    Had no luck with the turn in.

Attachments

• no deal.jpg
      no deal.jpg
      3.7 KB · Views: 225

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    So they will dispose of ammo for you. Another good idea for an entrepreneur. Put up a table somewhere and offer to dispose of people's ammo, so they can have a "clean conscience." Beat the high cost and unavailability, while making people feel good about themselves...it's a win/win :P

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I wish someone could edit together a video like those commercials with all the sad animals, use the same tear wrenching song. Put innocent firearms that look sad, pics of them being abused in a cart, or the way to the crusher or whatever. Stuff like that. Photos that make the ppl at the gun drives look evil.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I hate to be a "safety snob"/"Tattle-Tail" but the picture of the handguns that they collected on their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/HowardCountyPoliceDepartment) have most of their slides locked back and their chambers open (good), but the magazines for the semi-autos are still in their mag wells, one of the pocket semi-autos is still in battery and they are pointing in all different directions (bad).:sad20:

No, you are NOT being a safety snob...after all, as I was corrected by the HoCoP, it was a "safety event" after all. That photo op was a gross violation of safety. So was allowing a woman to walk in with several handguns in a plastic bag, and letting her get back in her car with them sitting on the passenger seat.

Aside from yesterday, in every other interaction I have had with HoCoP (and I have not been the one approached, rather the one approaching them) they have been absolutely professional and helpful. That siad, yesterday was nothing but clownery and anti-2A politics.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    for kcomst: Nah, there was one guy there who did not know what he had and even if it was loaded. That has the potential to go VERY badly (imagine a negligent discharge at that kind of event?) and not worth the 2-20 rounds you might get out of it.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I love the Facebook comments ripping the buy back a new one. Would it be ok to Facebook message the people who post pro-gun comments and invite them here (have someone coordinate it so they're not getting bombarded by messages from people if we go ahead with this). While I bet some of them are already members I think it'd be a great chance to recruit some new members.

So they will dispose of ammo for you. Another good idea for an entrepreneur. Put up a table somewhere and offer to dispose of people's ammo, so they can have a "clean conscience." Beat the high cost and unavailability, while making people feel good about themselves...it's a win/win :P

And we could safely "recycle" it for them to appeal to the tree huggers. My 15-22 can cycle a lot of ammo. :)

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Next time, you should also know that in Howard County, there are licenses required for Soliciting and Peddling. Soliciting is taking orders and payment for you to deliver goods to the customer in the future--i.e. door to door magazine salesman. Peddling is taking orders and immediately delivering the goods--i.e. a T-shirt vendor at a concert.

Buying something or offering to buy something is not covered and is not an offense.

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=14680&stateId=20&stateName=Maryland

(c) Peddling means moving about the County by foot or vehicle of any kind, from place to place, house to house, door to door, or upon any street or highway, for the purpose of selling and simultaneously delivering or offering for sale and simultaneous delivery, at retail, any goods, wares, merchandise, services or foodstuffs of any kind whatever.

(d) Person means any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation, company or organization of any kind.

(e) Soliciting means travelling about the County by foot or vehicle of any kind from place to place, house to house, door to door, or upon any street or highway, for the purpose of engaging in any one or more of the following activities:

(1) Attempting to obtain orders for the sale and future delivery of any goods, wares, merchandise, services or foodstuffs of any kind whatever.

(2) Attempting to obtain subscriptions to books, magazines, or newspapers not published in the County, State or District of Columbia, and every other kind of printed matter.

(3) Attempting to obtain gifts or contributions of money, clothing or any other valuable thing for the support or benefit of any charitable or nonprofit association, organization, corporation or project.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    I saw a piece on WBAL about this program. It looked like they only got about 30 crappy old rifles and shotguns from the footage shown.

Ulman is a smug turd.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Next time, you should also know that in Howard County, there are licenses required for Soliciting and Peddling. Soliciting is taking orders and payment for you to deliver goods to the customer in the future--i.e. door to door magazine salesman. Peddling is taking orders and immediately delivering the goods--i.e. a T-shirt vendor at a concert.

Buying something or offering to buy something is not covered and is not an offense.

http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=14680&stateId=20&stateName=Maryland

:thumbsup:I was wondering why you would need a license to offer to buy something. That seems dumb even for Maryland. Glad that's not the case.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Hmmm...what about recycling all those guns? Maybe melt them down and make knitting needles for grandmothers, or better yet blunt scissors for Howard County employees, which is probably safer. Or maybe leave the guns intact and sell them to Mexican drug cartels. Perhaps our illustrious governor could help with that one.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Another idea I have is to spray paint all these firearms different colors, then weld them together to make a giant rainbow. Put them over the entrance to Howard County Courthouse with their new slogan, "Embrace Hostility."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom