• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Howdy!
    I have enjoyed reading and researching on the MDshooters site for the past few months and have decided it was time to tip my hat for all the great information I have encountered! So, many thank thus far and I am looking forward to joining in more discussions and gatherings when the time comes.
    I am a prior service Intel Marine (USMC 94-01) and looking forward to getting back behind the sights. Main interest are handgun target shooting, and becoming defensively prepared. These goals I'll be training on along with my wife, who has not prior experience with firearms but is mentally prepared and enthusiastic about learning.
    Once again thanks to all, and I'll see you on the forums,and hopefully the ranges too!

Warm regards,
    pjwphoto

Currently I do not own any firearms, once the household is trained then the flood gates can open. (at most, twice a month...)
    A few months back we stopped off up near White Marsh/Middle River. A kind gunsmith and the lady were able to talk and discuss the rights, advantages, and responsibly of gun ownership. Since that time she has taken a keen interest and has studied up.
    She wants to gain a confidence in her own ability to protect the home, and I feel target shooting/range time can be a past time that we enjoy well into our years.

My want list is growing, but I need to get behind a few and evaluate what best suit us both for now.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Currently I do not own any firearms, once the household is trained then the flood gates can open. (at most, twice a month...)
    A few months back we stopped off up near White Marsh/Middle River. A kind gunsmith and the lady were able to talk and discuss the rights, advantages, and responsibly of gun ownership. Since that time she has taken a keen interest and has studied up.
    She wants to gain a confidence in her own ability to protect the home, and I feel target shooting/range time can be a past time that we enjoy well into our years.

My want list is growing, but I need to get behind a few and evaluate what best suit us both for now.

sounds good - take a look at the classified section...you may be able to find what you want.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT]

That's the way to do it! Best of luck in your search! I may be able to provide some advice/insight on handguns, if you wish.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 37

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Hello and welcome. I'm down the road in Remington...the slums of Hampden :D

It sounds like you are on the right approach. I took the NRA Basic Pistol class on a Sunday afternoon at Continental Arms, 3 years ago. There are Industry Partners here on mdshooters that can also teach that course. They run you though safety, some laws, familiarity with caliber, the difference between revolver & semi-auto, safety and they you get to shoot a little. It was worth it to me being brand new to the hobby. Did I mention "SAFETY" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom