• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    He knows full well the latitude he has.

IMO, while judicious application is needed, he's being far too careful in exercising it.

While he does, the rest of his followers don't and I like the idea of visual aids to assist his followers, similar to how his social media uses visual aids to frame the conversation, we can do the same.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Follow 2AinMD and you would see that the message has been beat like a drum and the public is being educated. You can't educate the public on every aspect of this complex situation in one post or one message. It takes time and that's what has been happening on social media. Hogan's staff is getting the message and they are getting pretty irritated the others know what the governor SHOULD be doing and that is conflicts with the advice they are flooding him with.

I think what gprimr is getting at, is to use visual aid to frame the discussion, much like Hogan's social media team does.

While the pic on the first page is a start, it has no information. And educating the public visually works quicker than typing it out.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    The letter isn't bogus, Hogan's interpretation of the letter is what's bogus.

The letter is 100% accurate in saying MD's governor can not ORDER MSP to change the definition of G&S, because the Superintendant of MSP has sole authority to interpret G&S; nothing bogus about it.

Any day he wants, Hogan can fire Pallosi and interview new candidates for the position and select one that will change G&S to self protection.

There is a big difference between interpret and change. He cannot change G&S, that's written in the law, however there is no definition of it so it can be interpreted however someone sees fit.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    There is a big difference between interpret and change. He cannot change G&S, that's written in the law, however there is no definition of it so it can be interpreted however someone sees fit.

Yeah, semantics ... I meant to say "change the interpretation". G&S as law is determined by the GA, in practice defined by MSP

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Since Hogan doesn't seem to be interested in the revenue generation aspect of W&C permits... maybe we should start a campaign for Constitutional Carry...:rolleyes:

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    While he does, the rest of his followers don't and I like the idea of visual aids to assist his followers, similar to how his social media uses visual aids to frame the conversation, we can do the same.

I think what gprimr is getting at, is to use visual aid to frame the discussion, much like Hogan's social media team does.

While the pic on the first page is a start, it has no information. And educating the public visually works quicker than typing it out.

Same pic listed in this thread but with something like :

Their Oath's

Boss Employee

Duty to discharge Laws Duty to Enforce Existing Law

Then try again.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Ok. Trying to push forward, trying to move forward, trying to do something

Whatever semantics you want. I'd rather keep trying while we have a Republican, even a moderate one, than just give up and be bitter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

F*ck it, I moved and 6 days later had a permit. I could have had it Day One if I had wanted.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Same pic listed in this thread but with something like :

Their Oath's

Boss Employee

Duty to discharge Laws Duty to Enforce Existing Law

Then try again.

Simpler than that, the general public has absolutely no clue what the laws are to discharge and enforce.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    IIRC Knaub has said an individual officer can interpret the restrictions on a permit how they seem fit at the time, how is interpreting G & S at a much higher level so difficult. Start taking applications for Pallozi's job and let a little birdie pass the word as to the reason (G&S definition is not right), I bet something changes, I have used this tactic on employees in the past. I may be completely wrong.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    IIRC Knaub has said an individual officer can interpret the restrictions on a permit how they seem fit at the time, how is interpreting G & S at a much higher level so difficult. Start taking applications for Pallozi's job and let a little birdie pass the word as to the reason (G&S definition is not right), I bet something changes, I have used this tactic on employees in the past. I may be completely wrong.
    I'd bet the farm that Palossi is doing exactly as he was instructed when Hogan appointed him, so a threat of being replaced ain't gunna happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rhome3

Jan 3, 2016
    A problem that we have in Maryland is that we can't criticize our Republican governor. Every time I've seen someone bring up the fact that this doucher hasn't even acknowledged 2A rights in MD, someone inevitably says "Would you much rather have had Brown?". Well that wasn't the question, you stupid ****. I see it come from the 2A organization "leaders" quite often on Facebook or on these forums. I'm getting to the point where I won't even be donating to these organizations soon if I don't see some results. Especially after the thousands I've donated in good faith. It's always one fear tactic after another to gather donations, similar to the NRA fundraising emails I get bombarded with.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The most effective thing we can do is make Hogan see this as a pocketbook issue. Freeing up MSP resources to track down heroin dealers etc., boosting revenues, and boosting a sense of security around the state. How many places do people avoid in this state for various reasons.

This is actually the best argument I've seen in the past few weeks.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A problem that we have in Maryland is that we can't criticize our Republican governor. Every time I've seen someone bring up the fact that this doucher hasn't even acknowledged 2A rights in MD, someone inevitably says "Would you much rather have had Brown?". Well that wasn't the question, you stupid ****. I see it come from the 2A organization "leaders" quite often on Facebook or on these forums. I'm getting to the point where I won't even be donating to these organizations soon if I don't see some results. Especially after the thousands I've donated in good faith. It's always one fear tactic after another to gather donations, similar to the NRA fundraising emails I get bombarded with.

Speaking for myself, I think the main concern is that I want to see constructive criticism.

And you can't deny that if Brown was governor, we prob would not have stopped those gun bills.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Hogan is being a coward and hiding behind a bogus AAG letter. I wrote him a year ago and the response letter I got back said the AG told him he couldn't advise MSP Super to accept Self Defense as G&S.

I'll second this. He is a total coward when it comes to 2A. He has made it abundantly clear he will not take this issue on...as it is a niche issue here in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Hogan is taking after his close mentor Gov. Chris Christie. How is 2A doing back in New Jersey?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    OH, Wait a minute. I was told this guy was the wrong one to back.

Attachments

• Bumper Sticker.jpeg
      Bumper Sticker.jpeg
      8.7 KB · Views: 356

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I stuck to my deadline of the beginning of the 2016 session, at which point I have backed off of telling people to hold on. As a matter of fact, I have been one of the ones starting to hammer Hogan more on his FB pages. And I will continue to ratchet up the pressure on him, and encourage everyone else to do the same, politely and respectfully, until we at least get a meeting with the Governor.

Now, if someone says they A) won't vote for Hogan or B) will vote for someone else, then I remind them that it could be worse if it were Brown or another Democrat.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I got an email donor request today from Hogan. I sent a reply that there would be no more money sent his way until he addresses the issue of accepting "Personal Defense" as a good and substantial reason to be granted a Permit to Carry a Handgun.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I got an email donor request today from Hogan. I sent a reply that there would be no more money sent his way until he addresses the issue of accepting "Personal Defense" as a good and substantial reason to be granted a Permit to Carry a Handgun.

I got the same one and was thinking about replying "No 2A = No money but don't know how far if anywhere it would go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom