• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    As I've been reading Facebook over the last few days, I've seen the posts about Change Maryland and Larry Hogan's facebook pages responding, sometimes grossly inappropriately, to requests to do something on 2A.

I believe that we are navigating a very critical point. Hogan is a very popular governor, and still 100x better than Anthony Brown.

I propose that we create some talking points and graphics that highlight specific actions the Governor can take, along with the COMAR authority that authorizes them.

Hogan's pages have taken a position that we need to change the GA, and this is true. They seem to think there is nothing else Hogan can do.

I propose we create these talking to points to educate them. Show them what he can do, and what he can't do.

Share these, and continue to share these. If they become hostile, don't let them bait you.

I think this could be an effective thing.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    As I've been reading Facebook over the last few days, I've seen the posts about Change Maryland and Larry Hogan's facebook pages responding, sometimes grossly inappropriately, to requests to do something on 2A.

I believe that we are navigating a very critical point. Hogan is a very popular governor, and still 100x better than Anthony Brown.

I propose that we create some talking points and graphics that highlight specific actions the Governor can take, along with the COMAR authority that authorizes them.

Hogan's pages have taken a position that we need to change the GA, and this is true. They seem to think there is nothing else Hogan can do.

I propose we create these talking to points to educate them. Show them what he can do, and what he can't do.

Share these, and continue to share these. If they become hostile, don't let them bait you.

I think this could be an effective thing.

Keep an eye on MSI, 2ainmd and other pages and you will see it is being done.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Is this what you were referring to?

13173311_1032791836799724_1505115547327299702_o.jpg

With all due respect, that's not what I had imagined.

How does a person know that's the head of MSP?

How does a person know that the head of the MSP serves at Hogan's pleasure?

How does a person know that Hogan could tell him to give us permits?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Is this what you were referring to?

View attachment 177406

With all due respect, that's not what I had imagined.

How does a person know that's the head of MSP?

How does a person know that the head of the MSP serves at Hogan's pleasure?

How does a person know that Hogan could tell him to give us permits?

Follow 2AinMD and you would see that the message has been beat like a drum and the public is being educated. You can't educate the public on every aspect of this complex situation in one post or one message. It takes time and that's what has been happening on social media. Hogan's staff is getting the message and they are getting pretty irritated the others know what the governor SHOULD be doing and that is conflicts with the advice they are flooding him with.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Waiting for the "popular" Governor to switch his political standing to Independent, using the pretext of Trump, when/if Trump becomes the nominee by convention time, so he can govern more liberally.

And I don't think it would be due to core convictions, just taking advantage of the opportunity. If Cruz were the candidate (and Cruz is arguably more conservative than Trump), Hogan would be hard pressed to make the change (because he couldn't argue that the GOP has changed greatly).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The most effective thing we can do is make Hogan see this as a pocketbook issue. Freeing up MSP resources to track down heroin dealers etc., boosting revenues, and boosting a sense of security around the state. How many places do people avoid in this state for various reasons.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    The most effective thing we can do is make Hogan see this as a pocketbook issue. Freeing up MSP resources to track down heroin dealers etc., boosting revenues, and boosting a sense of security around the state. How many places do people avoid in this state for various reasons.

This is a good point IMO. It has two sides. I wish MD was a free state but, given that it is not, I would pay good money for loosening of CCW permits. Maryland could make a lot of money from training and licensing fees if they simply allowed law abiding citizens, who are by definition no trouble, to carry. I realize it's not an ideal solution but appeals based on dollars always carry a lot of weight.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    And how would you propose to do this when he refuses to meet with anyone in the 2A camps?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is a good point IMO. It has two sides. I wish MD was a free state but, given that it is not, I would pay good money for loosening of CCW permits. Maryland could make a lot of money from training and licensing fees if they simply allowed law abiding citizens, who are by definition no trouble, to carry. I realize it's not an ideal solution but appeals based on dollars always carry a lot of weight.

I agree. I used a financial impact in some of my testimony back in 2014 or'15.

And how would you propose to do this when he refuses to meet with anyone in the 2A camps?

He will have to cave eventually. The longer it takes him to listen, the worse it will be one him in the long run.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I agree. I used a financial impact in some of my testimony back in 2014 or'15.

He will have to cave eventually. The longer it takes him to listen, the worse it will be one him in the long run.
    Yep, he'll have meetings with MSI & AGC & MSRPA just prior to the next election and promise to make changes on the second "Day One".

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some Asst AG in the AG office wrote an opinion that seems to conclude the only recourse is a change in the statute.Of course that came straight from Frosh's mouth. Many here have postulated all that's really necessary is for Hogan to grow a pair.

I'm in that camp.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Could be. Then again he may just not have the 2A as a priority, period.
    This is what I expressed when he held the infamous closed door meeting then it took 3 weeks for those in attendance to get permission to go public on this forum with the high points of that meeting. It wasn't a priority then, except to sway our vote from his opponent who was openly pro/carry, and it's still not on his "to do" list. Welcome to the world of red headed step children.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Follow 2AinMD and you would see that the message has been beat like a drum and the public is being educated. You can't educate the public on every aspect of this complex situation in one post or one message. It takes time and that's what has been happening on social media. Hogan's staff is getting the message and they are getting pretty irritated the others know what the governor SHOULD be doing and that is conflicts with the advice they are flooding him with.

Follow 2A where, where are the doing things that could be followed?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Could be. Then again he may just not have the 2A as a priority, period.

It doesn't need to be a priority, but he isn't helping himself by avoiding the fundamental right to self-defense like its the plague.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom