• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    ..longtime reader newish poster..

This discussion for the most part has been limited to Maryland and what Gov Hogan may or may not do, what about H.R.402 - National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015 - https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/402/text

How would that help the cause here in MD? Could it be rejected @the state level?

National Right to carry is a bad idea. Its one thing having a court case determine the meaning of law having the Federal Government tinker with your local laws is another. The 2A is the law of the land in a sense, why would you want some far off goon dictating what you can do or not do locally.

Put it this was, the hand that giveth can also take it away. You don't like it that MD is one of the States that denies reciprocity then change it or go to greener pastures (And I'm not being derogatory with that statement like many others would be here.) Seriously, the Feds monkey with enough shit already.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    National Right to carry is a bad idea. Its one thing having a court case determine the meaning of law having the Federal Government tinker with your local laws is another. The 2A is the law of the land in a sense, why would you want some far off goon dictating what you can do or not do locally.

Put it this was, the hand that giveth can also take it away. You don't like it that MD is one of the States that denies reciprocity then change it or go to greener pastures (And I'm not being derogatory with that statement like many others would be here.) Seriously, the Feds monkey with enough shit already.

Good thing the Feds messed with drivers license reciprocity or you wouldn't be leaving this fine state on anything more powerful than a horse with all those different testing standards that different states have.

And before all you "it's a privilege not a right" crowd wad your panties in a knot that's not the point I'm trying to show.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The National Right to Carry used to be called the 2A until a bunch of states perverted it, and Scotus let them get away with it, and then the fed's felt compelled to get into the game in 1934. Kind of ironic that the fed's will jam Rowe v. Wade down every single state's throats yet a fundamental right codified in the 2A gets abused nearly at will.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

National RTC is NOT a bad idea... National RTC Licensing is a bad thing.

2A gives us the National RTC... But, we can NOT allow the Feds to get their mitts on the right to regulate it by a licensing scheme.

State reciprocity is also an idea that may have merit on the surface... But, comparing it to drivers license reciprocity is ALSO a BAD idea. Again... it gives regulatory authority to the Fed Gov... And that is NOT in keeping with the verbiage of the 2A.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Good thing the Feds messed with drivers license reciprocity or you wouldn't be leaving this fine state on anything more powerful than a horse with all those different testing standards that different states have.

And before all you "it's a privilege not a right" crowd wad your panties in a knot that's not the point I'm trying to show.

Driving a car is not covered in the COTUS...
    Carrying (Bearing) arms IS.

COTUS Carry is the way to go... No proof of anything other than a clear record with no violent crime convictions and a clear unblemished record of NOT having been hospitalized for mental issues. Other than those two things... If one is old enough to vote and serve in the US Military, NOT a criminal and not mentally ill... One should not have their 2A rights infringed upon.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Driving a car is not covered in the COTUS...
    Carrying (Bearing) arms IS.

COTUS Carry is the way to go... No proof of anything other than a clear record with no violent crime convictions and a clear unblemished record of NOT having been hospitalized for mental issues. Other than those two things... If one is old enough to vote and serve in the US Military, NOT a criminal and not mentally ill... One should not have their 2A rights infringed upon.

And I didn't say driving a car was covered.:sad20:
    I was talking about your license being valid in all states, the same as if national reciprocity of a state issued CCW would be.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    National RTC is NOT a bad idea... National RTC Licensing is a bad thing.

2A gives us the National RTC... But, we can NOT allow the Feds to get their mitts on the right to regulate it by a licensing scheme.

State reciprocity is also an idea that may have merit on the surface... But, comparing it to drivers license reciprocity is ALSO a BAD idea. Again... it gives regulatory authority to the Fed Gov... And that is NOT in keeping with the verbiage of the 2A.

Correct.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Also to the other posters in the thread, this whole thread is down the wishful thinking and tea leaves path. All this Hogan grand strategery talk is just B.S.

If Hogan wanted to change the reqs for G&S via MSP he can do it any day of the week. MSP works for him. It is also becoming apparent from other posts on the permitting process that no one has even directed MSP at a minimum to stop being assholes. It may not be a priority for him but it is for me and thousands of residents and when next election runs around he is going to need every vote. If this goes down to the beginning of election season and the powers that be, you know the groups that always ask for money start making those same noises again. Oh we had the Secret squirrel meeting and assurances etc etc. You'll know you are getting played again.

And sure Frosh can file a court challenge but it needs to be heard and decided on by a judge and it would be a legality of the change vs the executive power of the Governor. In the meantime more permit applications would flow into the Gap.

Meanwhile again anything about Hogan doing something is speculation and B.S.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

So what point are you trying to show? For starters interstate travel is guaranteed by the COTUS, not the method. Hence the legality of no fly lists. You are actually proving my point.

Tomorrow congress and the whiner in chief can re-write that law and return the burden for license reciprocity to the state level. Or mandate that only licenses for drivers with cars with fuel efficiency of 60MPG or better are Federal government approved for interstate travel on Interstates and U.S. routes.

Maybe they will pass a nationwide reciprocity law with the strictest qualification standards of a State like Maryland for a reciprocal CCW permit. That way no state system will be more lax than the safety concerns of any individual State. Maybe "that" will wet your panties, me I wear underwear.

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    Let's help him understand 'climate change'. :rolleyes: Can we collectively make some noise on Feb 2nd ?

A turnout like we had in 2013 would be impressive, especially now that we don't have a Governor who is pushing all the buttons in the halls of the legislature while simultaneously manipulating statistics and the local media.

The meme in your post is actually not even telling half the story. The "for sb281" crowd was mostly professional protesters that were bused in from out of state.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    vlqf6.jpg

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Everything you fear about national lic can and will be achieved regardless of what you think. Get in the game or you will lose.

Its that simple.

What pray tell will I lose? Lets see an Obama Federal judge will rule that all State reciprocity agreements are null and void under and must meet Federal Law and that all permitting must meet the states with the strictest standards like MD. Oh yeah, fun for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom