Votes: 47 88.7%
    • Sometimes

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Do you use a holster when caring or go gangster by just tucking in your pants. I ask this because recently I tried just tucking in my pants without a holster and it worked well. I do have small frame guns one a Kahr K40 and Kimber Micro 9 mm.
    Uhhh, ok Thomas Magnum. Say hi to Rick and TC for me. Tell Higgins he's weird.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Loaded? Heck no. Unloaded, sure if I need to carry it somewhere briefly. I've done it around the house a few times back from range trips. I keep my G17 in a bedside handgun vault my kids don't know about. So I don't want to be openly carrying it or a gun case back to my bedroom when I get back from the range or I am headed to the range. So, I'll tuck it in to my waist band and pull my shirt over it. But it is unloaded at the time.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Do you use a holster when caring or go gangster by just tucking in your pants. I ask this because recently I tried just tucking in my pants without a holster and it worked well. I do have small frame guns one a Kahr K40 and Kimber Micro 9 mm.
    Isn't that actually referred to as "mexican carry"?

Attachments

• 20231009_100717.jpg
      20231009_100717.jpg
      481.2 KB · Views: 38

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Loaded? Heck no. Unloaded, sure if I need to carry it somewhere briefly. I've done it around the house a few times back from range trips. I keep my G17 in a bedside handgun vault my kids don't know about. So I don't want to be openly carrying it or a gun case back to my bedroom when I get back from the range or I am headed to the range. So, I'll tuck it in to my waist band and pull my shirt over it. But it is unloaded at the time.

****Wow, haven't seen your name in a while. Glad you are back. You write well and have contributed a lot to the forum.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    There is a style of carry that uses a piece of cord, like a shoe lace, which is tied at the ends to form a circle. It is then looped under the belt and back though itself. The handgun is then put though the loop and inside the waistband. The idea is that it is a bit more stable than Mexican but than the gun can be ditched and the "holster" can be discarded or simply ignored. I cannot remember what it is called.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    There is a style of carry that uses a piece of cord, like a shoe lace, which is tied at the ends to form a circle. It is then looped under the belt and back though itself. The handgun is then put though the loop and inside the waistband. The idea is that it is a bit more stable than Mexican but than the gun can be ditched and the "holster" can be discarded or simply ignored. I cannot remember what it is called.
    Sounds like an OSS (WWII British, I think...Office of Strategic Services...or something) string holster. I remember a letter in the NRA magazine long ago where someone asked about where to buy one. The answer was that no one sells them anymore, but it's easy enough to make ;)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    ****Wow, haven't seen your name in a while. Glad you are back. You write well and have contributed a lot to the forum.
    Thanks. Yeah, I posted it in the bambi whacking thread about a month or so ago. I am going through a divorce, so that has been tying up a lot of my time. It is amicable, but still hard (shortest version, my wife realized she is gay after 17 years of marriage). So not much free time, other things on my mind and plate, and frankly, I haven't really wanted to get to the range much and I've had no time for hunting. So mostly just some casual check-ins and little posting for weeks.

Things have been settling down a lot the last few weeks though. Not divorced yet, but we have worked through a lot of the details and targeting soon after the first of the year to finalize it.

I've been trying to focus on the positives coming out of it. Like there were some problems we had, that we never worked through and I am not sure we could have as long lasting as they had been. Some other things, like my wife pushed me to get into hunting, but she has never liked that I hunted (didn't hate it, just not a fan) and hates guns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sounds like an OSS (WWII British, I think...Office of Strategic Services...or something) string holster. I remember a letter in the NRA magazine long ago where someone asked about where to buy one. The answer was that no one sells them anymore, but it's easy enough to make ;)

Over here it's sometimes assocated with the OSS . But they learned it from the British SOE ( Special Operations Executive ) , who undoubtedly picked it up from miscellaneous European Resistance fighters .

Once upon a time I read about it , and decided to try it out . Mostly disappointing . Yes , it probably would reduce the occurrences of having a 1911 slip down your pants leg . But more often than not it would get tangled trying to draw . Actual Mexican Carry was much better for drawing from .

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Thanks. Yeah, I posted it in the bambi whacking thread about a month or so ago. I am going through a divorce, so that has been tying up a lot of my time. It is amicable, but still hard (shortest version, my wife realized she is gay after 17 years of marriage). So not much free time, other things on my mind and plate, and frankly, I haven't really wanted to get to the range much and I've had no time for hunting. So mostly just some casual check-ins and little posting for weeks.

Things have been settling down a lot the last few weeks though. Not divorced yet, but we have worked through a lot of the details and targeting soon after the first of the year to finalize it.

I've been trying to focus on the positives coming out of it. Like there were some problems we had, that we never worked through and I am not sure we could have as long lasting as they had been. Some other things, like my wife pushed me to get into hunting, but she has never liked that I hunted (didn't hate it, just not a fan) and hates guns.
    Did she push you into hunting to get you out of the house? Marriage is tough, at least she is being friendly about the split.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Did she push you into hunting to get you out of the house? Marriage is tough, at least she is being friendly about the split.
    Nah. We've been moving further from the city in part to "live off the land". Had a new neighbor who moved in who was a hunter and she encouraged me to talk to him about it. That was, I don't know, 8 years ago now?

These days she is moving back the opposite direction from what she had been wanting. It had been further from the city, on bigger properties, and now she wants to settle in some cut little house on a postage stamp in a town somewhere.

Yeah, it is friendly, The few issues we had (and even her being gay) have nothing to do with the friendship we've had for 17 years and nothing at all to do with us co-parenting. It has certainly been tough in there, but I've gotten to a pretty good place emotionally the last few weeks and recognize even though this will still be hard, it really is for the best.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Wow, I am so sorry for your troubles and hope you end up in a better place after everything settles down, and the divorce is finalized. I know several people that have been through divorce and while the initial split was very very stressful - long term they are absolutely in a better place in life, have often met someone new and move on to a new chapter in their lives.

Be well.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Nah. We've been moving further from the city in part to "live off the land". Had a new neighbor who moved in who was a hunter and she encouraged me to talk to him about it. That was, I don't know, 8 years ago now?

These days she is moving back the opposite direction from what she had been wanting. It had been further from the city, on bigger properties, and now she wants to settle in some cut little house on a postage stamp in a town somewhere.

Yeah, it is friendly, The few issues we had (and even her being gay) have nothing to do with the friendship we've had for 17 years and nothing at all to do with us co-parenting. It has certainly been tough in there, but I've gotten to a pretty good place emotionally the last few weeks and recognize even though this will still be hard, it really is for the best.
    Women are confusing. I get worried something similar may happen to me. We are so polar opposite when it comes to politics, it gets old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom