Votes: 47 88.7%
    • Sometimes

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Do you use a holster when caring or go gangster by just tucking in your pants. I ask this because recently I tried just tucking in my pants without a holster and it worked well. I do have small frame guns one a Kahr K40 and Kimber Micro 9 mm.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    In all seriousness, it's a terrible idea for anything more than maybe running outside to the car or something really quick around the house.
    I did it once with a 1911 going to the grocery store. All I kept worrying about was it sliding down my pant leg.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    In all seriousness, it's a terrible idea for anything more than maybe running outside to the car or something really quick around the house.
    I did it once with a 1911 going to the grocery store. All I kept worrying about was it sliding down my pant leg.
    So, did any women there ask "is that a gun you're carrying or are you happy to see me"?
    :lol2:

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Most of my LEO acquaintances I have informally polled over the years about this would give the initial 'benefit of the doubt' a little higher if someone in plain clothes had their gun in a holster. Most yahoos don't use holsters or well fitting ones for the firearm.

Personally I like it to stay where I put it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I used to when I was a kid, around the house or for brief outings into the woods. I felt like I needed the right barrel length to really feel secure. A 7.5" Single Six rode muy bien like that. Mucho seguro. A full size 1911 felt pretty good, too...but not quite as confident. A 4" GP-100 just didn't have the right proportions for my liking.

Here's another dilemna: inside the pants or through the belt? Inside the pants seems like the barrel could be too long and push it up and out when you sit. Plus, it encourages that muzzle pointed right at your thigh. Through the belt but outside the pants (Pirate style? )allows for all the barrel length you can muster and somewhat favors muzzling whoever is to your left instead of your own thigh, but doesn't offer much concealment or protection from the elements. Either way makes it very easy for a belt buckle to scratch the crap out of your gun pistol.

It is amazingly intuitive and quick to draw from, while sweeping just about everything from your 9:00 (or maybe even further back) to 12:00, so it probably is frowned upon at any but the most private of ranges. :o

I've grown up a little from those days, though, and now have holsters ;)

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Do you use a holster when caring or go gangster by just tucking in your pants. I ask this because recently I tried just tucking in my pants without a holster and it worked well. I do have small frame guns one a Kahr K40 and Kimber Micro 9 mm.

Not my thing... I want things to stay where I put them until I need them.

Might I suggest, if you like the feel of your naked gun, try one of these?

Fastens under the grip, adds a clip, no more slip. ;)

128283.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom