Votes: 47 88.7%
    • Sometimes

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There is no way i would not carry with a holster. Very unsafe and you are asking for trouble. IMHO

Minimum I’d consider.

For what type of firearm?

For a glock style firearm I would agree. I asked Plaxico Burress but he said no comment.

OP has a Micro 9 with a manual safety (very similar to a P938... if the safety clicks like my 938 it isn't coming off by accident), and he has a K40, which appears to be double action only.

It seems to be fairly common for people to carry double action revolvers in their pockets with no holsters.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I don't have a problem with that. I use a proper holster and even if the gun went off it would probably miss my tiny ass junk.
    I'd agree but between Darwin and Murphy's Law, forces are alway aligned against us.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In all seriousness, it's a terrible idea for anything more than maybe running outside to the car or something really quick around the house.
    I did it once with a 1911 going to the grocery store. All I kept worrying about was it sliding down my pant leg.
    My off duty guns all have clip draws. Your belt essentially covers the trigger guards/triggers. It’s my preferred method of carry. What I gain in concealment I lose on draw speed but that’s a trade off I accept.

We may disagree on this but I think we can both agree a quality belt is important.

With the clip draw a quality belt shields your guard and trigger from external pressure.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My off duty guns all have clip draws. Your belt essentially covers the trigger guards/triggers. It’s my preferred method of carry. What I gain in concealment I lose on draw speed but that’s a trade off I accept.
    I see MPD is hiring firearm instructors.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    For my big pistols and revolvers, I’d use a jacket pocket, cargo pocket, fanny pack or my old map case before I would Mexican carry.

To me, it’s a hasty, last resort carry option

With my J-Frame Snubbies, they just slip into a regular pocket so no issues there.

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I see MPD is hiring firearm instructors.
    I’d bet 75% of this forum could outshoot me, 80% could give me legit pointers on correcting my shooting, 90% could find a small unsafe practice when I’m shooting (I always abide by the major 4 but there’s always a minute mess up safely).

That being said my firearm is carried safely. Have you ever HONESTLY tried one? Or is this I know best this is the internet? I find it vastly superior to a belly band and the majority of the junk holsters In peoples collection.

You do you bud but I’ll say I’m a fan. Been doing it a very long time.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    For what type of firearm?

For a glock style firearm I would agree. I asked Plaxico Burress but he said no comment.

OP has a Micro 9 with a manual safety (very similar to a P938... if the safety clicks like my 938 it isn't coming off by accident), and he has a K40, which appears to be double action only.

It seems to be fairly common for people to carry double action revolvers in their pockets with no holsters.
    Agree with your assessment.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I’d bet 75% of this forum could outshoot me, 80% could give me legit pointers on correcting my shooting, 90% could find a small unsafe practice when I’m shooting (I always abide by the major 4 but there’s always a minute mess up safely).

That being said my firearm is carried safely. Have you ever HONESTLY tried one? Or is this I know best this is the internet? I find it vastly superior to a belly band and the majority of the junk holsters In peoples collection.

You do you bud but I’ll say I’m a fan. Been doing it a very long time.
    Huh? I was on Indeed and literally saw openings for firearms instructors.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Huh? I was on Indeed and literally saw openings for firearms instructors.
    Lol well jump in get your feet wet! Some really solid folks over there personally. Parking sucks at the academy (and cuz of blue plains it smells like feces) and FLETC feels like an operating room.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Do you use a holster when caring or go gangster by just tucking in your pants. I ask this because recently I tried just tucking in my pants without a holster and it worked well. I do have small frame guns one a Kahr K40 and Kimber Micro 9 mm.
    I use the clipdrawn and it works extremely well and love it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lol well jump in get your feet wet! Some really solid folks over there personally. Parking sucks at the academy (and cuz of blue plains it smells like feces) and FLETC feels like an operating room.
    Isn’t 3Paul10 in that role?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom