• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md77

Aug 17, 2022
    MoCo
    ...My only real gripe with the Glock is the grip angle…just not natural to me. My test is to close my eyes with any pistol and raise it up to shooting position. If the ergonomics are right the sights line up naturally. Full-size Glocks consistently fail that with me…the muzzle is always pointed too far down. I know with training and practice that can be overcome…I’m so used to the 1911 ergonomics it’s second nature…a Glock would take time to compensate for.
    This for me as well, after carrying Sigs for about 30 years the grip angle thing is very real. Like someone suggested earlier, if you are going to buy 1 pistol take a few minutes and put more than a couple rounds through it. I thought about trying an HK USP but after a handful of mags through one I found that my shooting style left my thumb just high enough that it slowed the slide and caused a failure about every 4 rounds. Nothing wrong with the HK for anyone else in the course. There are a bunch of great pistols out there and it's worth your time shooting them. Fanboys abound but it's usually because they found something that really works for them. Enjoy that new pistol.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The trigger reset for the Canik is crazy short, and feels good in my hand. I plan on getting one to compare to the Glock shortly.

Q

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I have several Glocks, and a Canik TPSFX. I might actually like the TP9 more compared to my Glock 34.

FWIW, Battlefield Las Vegas, a large gun rental range, has reported good longevity from their Caniks when subjected to crazy round counts. Glocks are also very durable in this regard.

Glocks are an excellent tool…reliable…accurate…not break the bank expensive…and there is beauty in performance if not aesthetically. My only real gripe with the Glock is the grip angle…just not natural to me. My test is to close my eyes with any pistol and raise it up to shooting position. If the ergonomics are right the sights line up naturally. Full-size Glocks consistently fail that with me…the muzzle is always pointed too far down. I know with training and practice that can be overcome…I’m so used to the 1911 ergonomics it’s second nature…a Glock would take time to compensate for.

I do have both a Glock 29 and 30 and the shorter grip frames don’t seem to give me that problem.
    I am in the same boat about the grip angle. Interestingly, the 43x points just fine for me and is my carry gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom