• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Which one did you shoot better?

Also there are a ton of aftermarket mods for glocks.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Canik's seem to be pretty good quality and a great value for all the stuff that comes with them. My wife has one that has been great so far. I'll be honest, though, for your very first, I would go Glock, for a couple of reasons:
    Generations of time tested quality and reliability. Canik just doesn't have the length of track record. They might get there...who knows.
    More available and affordable accessories. Canik mags are more expensive, and sometimes harder to find. Depending on the model, holsters can be difficult. Glock is ubiquitous.
    If (and I don't see how this could happen...but if) you have a problem and need parts or service...well...Glock is ubiquitous ;)

rickey623

Jul 23, 2022
    Frederick
    Canik's seem to be pretty good quality and a great value for all the stuff that comes with them. My wife has one that has been great so far. I'll be honest, though, for your very first, I would go Glock, for a couple of reasons:
    Generations of time tested quality and reliability. Canik just doesn't have the length of track record. They might get there...who knows.
    More available and affordable accessories. Canik mags are more expensive, and sometimes harder to find. Depending on the model, holsters can be difficult. Glock is ubiquitous.
    If (and I don't see how this could happen...but if) you have a problem and need parts or service...well...Glock is ubiquitous ;)

Buddy at work is a Glock snob, and has been throwing the name at me non stop to the point I don’t even want it….but for the quality in my head I should go Glock…but I absolutely love the look of caniks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy at work is a Glock snob, and has been throwing the name at me non stop to the point I don’t even want it….but for the quality in my head I should go Glock…but I absolutely love the look of caniks

Just call him "A Poor" and tell him H&K is a man's gun. That usually shuts up the Glock fanboys.
    ETA- Try out a Sig P320, IWI Masada, H&K VP9, , CZ75, et al before narrowing it down to Glock vs. Canik. The IWI Masada can be had for $500 or slightly less and is a damn good pistol for the price.

rickey623

Jul 23, 2022
    Frederick
    Just call him "A Poor" and tell him H&K is a man's gun. That usually shuts up the Glock fanboys.
    ETA- Try out a Sig P320, IWI Masada, H&K VP9, , CZ75, et al before narrowing it down to Glock vs. Canik. The IWI Masada can be had for $500 or slightly less and is a damn good pistol for the price.

Appreciate the advice. I’ll heck them out

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well...there goes his easy decision :rolleye12

You know, as much as this world is going to crap...we do live in a great time (for now, at least) when in comes to firearm options. I'm sure it used to be a choice of: revolver, 1911, or something weird and foreign. Now, there are arguably too many choices!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    H&K is a shell corporation owned by God.

rickey623

Jul 23, 2022
    Frederick

How is the accessories/aftermarket for the iwi?

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I really like my Canik and have had no issues with it and it ran a variety of hollow points without a hiccup. There are plenty of holsters on the market as well. I would happily recommend it. But if the price is the same Glock's aftermarket support and holster availability would make me lean in that direction. Personally if you are undecided and don't need to base your choice on the ability to easily mount an optic on whichever models you happen to find in stock I'd go for the Canik if it is cheaper or the Glock if the prices are the same as long as you can shoot both well. I'd rate personal ability to make hits as high priority but if you are about the same that is what I would do. I'm no professional pistol evaluator but I am typing on a website right now which means you can trust me.

e. I have also not had any issue finding magazines for the Canik pistols so in my experience availability is good there too.

How is the accessories/aftermarket for the iwi?

Not as good as Glock, but better than Canik.
    The important thing to know is H&K aftermarket parts are non-existent because there is no point in messing with perfection. Any company whose motto is "We hate you and you suck" is either doing something right or they're going out of business. H&K doesn't care either way- They're THAT badass.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not as good as Glock, but better than Canik.
    The important thing to know is H&K aftermarket parts are non-existent because there is no point in messing with perfection. Any company whose motto is "We hate you and you suck" is either doing something right or they're going out of business. H&K doesn't care either way- They're THAT badass.
    There are triggers. I have the Lobos in one VP9, and a Lazy Wolf in another. I prefer the Lazy Wolf. For USPs, the Gray Guns short reset system is a must.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    for a carry or hd handgun aftermarket doesn’t matter for me. I leave them oem. Range toy or competition pistol, as much aftermarket as I need/want. Hard to beat a Glock for a first pistol. You will end up with one at some point.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

so many pistols and there really is little that separates them anymore. They all have their areas they shine and warts that are all known. Its your money your pistol get what works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom