• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I know someone turned in a Un Registered Machinegun at the Gun Turn In. The person had a WW2 Sterling. They stopped by Scotts before turning the guns they had in to see if they could get cash for them.

It was a WW2 Bring back.

The Sterling will get cut up my AACPD.

Omg that's horrible. I've never fired one but ive read that they are a VERY controllable and a very pleasant gun to shoot.

What a shame.

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    Just saw on the news the gun turn-in netted seven guns statewide. Looked like six long guns, including one that was ancient and one beat up handgun.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    The man who owned it was a WW2 Vet who passed. The people who brought it in was his family and that's what they were told. Perhaps I can get their info so you can call them and tell them their grandfather was a liar.

It was turned in and liky cut up so say what you want. Its gone.

If "YOU" saw the weapon "YOU" would know if it is a Sten or a Sterling. Buy the gun not the story.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If "YOU" saw the weapon "YOU" would know if it is a Sten or a Sterling. Buy the gun not the story.

Could it be possible that the family had their wars mixed up and misspoke. Maybe the man was in Korea. :sad20:

And to those who continue to make insulting comments about the LEO taking turn in firearms home with them or having them fall off of the truck. Maybe that is the way YOU would do it. But, those firearms are reported and accounted for. No Trooper is going to take home a turned in firearm and lose his job for violating several laws and departmental policies. The few hundred dollars is not worth the loss.

Your allegations are a direct insult to many LEOs who happen to be members of this forum. :sad20:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

No, you don't "buy" a Non-Papered Machinegun.

It was a Sterling, and it was an OPEN BOLT MACHINEGUN. No Tax Stamp!

Once a Machinegun ALWAYS a Machinegun per BATFE. Unless it was donated to a Museum it is not legal for private hands/transfer unless you have special connections.

I guess you do. :rolleyes:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No, you don't "buy" a Non-Papered Machinegun.

It was a Sterling, and it was an OPEN BOLT MACHINEGUN. No Tax Stamp!

Once a Machinegun ALWAYS a Machinegun per BATFE.

All you have to do is file down the firing pin, and then it will be semi-auto. Any competent gunsmith ought to be able to do that. :rolleyes:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Get your Wars right! No Sterlings during WWII. Stens yes, Sterlings NO!
    In 1944 100+ Patchett submachine guns where trailed (after some changes in 51 they became Sterlings). In 1951 the L2A1 was adopted in 1953 it replaced the Sten.

If it was a "Trails" Patchett it should be sent to the Imperial War Museum, as last time I was there they didn't have one.
    You probably know more about it than I do, but this is from the Wiki on the Sterling submachine gun.

The Sterling submachine gun is a British submachine gun which was in service with the British Army from 1944 until 1994, when it was phased out with the introduction of the L85A1 assault rifle.
    If that 1944 date is accurate, then WWII would be feasible, but then again, it may have simply been a Sten.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Annapolis Police Gun Turn-In Day Results

Release Date: 05/13/13

On Saturday, May 11th the Annapolis Police Department participated in Attorney General Doug Gansler’s First Annual Statewide Gun Turn-In Day. Anyone could turn in unloaded handguns, rifles, shotguns, or air guns at 199 Taylor Av, no questions asked and no identification required.

A total of sixteen guns were turned in at Annapolis Police headquarters, six handguns, four shotguns, five rifles, and one air rifle. Approximately twenty boxes of ammunition were also turned in during the event. The most frequent reason given for turning in a gun or ammunition was that it belonged to a deceased relative and they no longer wanted it in their home. The police department does not sell guns that are turned in, rather they will be destroyed.

For more information about the statewide gun turn-in day visit http://www.oag.state.md.us/gun_turn_in.html.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I'm sorry, but how idiotic do you have to be to turn in guns and ammo for free? Seriously? I'm going to have to make lists of everything I own and what it's worth for the rest of my life, so that when I die my kids don't do something dumb like this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom