• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just got it back today.

While they had it I saw an option to have them install night sights at a relatively small price (about 50 bucks) which I dont think I could have bought the sights and had them installed for cheaper then that.

So I had them toss on factory night sights.

They sent it in a used Glock case with an extra booklet and cleaning tool...I guess that's my "freeibie".

I wont have a chance to get to the range until maybe tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back when I fire it.

It does not appear that anything has been replaced though. And there was no letter describing the work done on the firearm which I found as odd. I might call them to see what they actually did.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Good luck. Please keep us posted. Hopefully they didn't just test fire it for X rounds and decide no problem found.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Just got it back today.

While they had it I saw an option to have them install night sights at a relatively small price (about 50 bucks) which I dont think I could have bought the sights and had them installed for cheaper then that.

So I had them toss on factory night sights.

They sent it in a used Glock case with an extra booklet and cleaning tool...I guess that's my "freeibie".

I wont have a chance to get to the range until maybe tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back when I fire it.

It does not appear that anything has been replaced though. And there was no letter describing the work done on the firearm which I found as odd. I might call them to see what they actually did.

Yeah, they never send back any documentation. If you call them, they bring up your account and can tell you what they did and what new parts were installed. It's part of the gun makers "nothing wrong here" front, when actually it was worked on.

Sig did the same thing. Note when sent back was something along the lines of Hmmm..shot it...it's fine....here's the target to prove it's accurate...along with the box tab of the ammo we shot through it without any FTE's.

psssst...actually they replaced the incorrect rear sight and a weak spring. It's a secret.;)

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Hmmm...just called.

Installed night sights per owners request...fired 4 magazines and found no issues with ejection.

Hopefully they tweaked something and it's fine.....

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Hmmm...just called.

Installed night sights per owners request...fired 4 magazines and found no issues with ejection.

Hopefully they tweaked something and it's fine.....

I don't know where you shoot. I shoot at Freestate and when I was having that issue with mine, I talked to Doctor Bob about it. While mine seems to be mostly cured of the ejection problem I was going to let him tweak it if Glock didn't take care of the problem.

So, if the problem isn't fixed, depending on where you live, he might be able to help you. He was confident he could fix mine.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I don't know where you shoot. I shoot at Freestate and when I was having that issue with mine, I talked to Doctor Bob about it. While mine seems to be mostly cured of the ejection problem I was going to let him tweak it if Glock didn't take care of the problem.

So, if the problem isn't fixed, depending on where you live, he might be able to help you. He was confident he could fix mine.

I'm a bit of a hike from White Marsh.

If it is still jacked I'm gonna let Chad tinker with it or just sell the thing and get a G23 and find another MP9 to replace it or maybe a Beretta 92???

Shame since it's almost a perfect design.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    If it's not fixed, try the lone wolf extractor. After you've come this far it would be worth the $20 just to try it. I think I'm going to drop their single stage recoil spring conversion in mine and try that out too.

Glock made the ergonomics of the pistol better, and should have left it at that. They screwed with stuff that didn't need fixing.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If it's not fixed, try the lone wolf extractor. After you've come this far it would be worth the $20 just to try it. I think I'm going to drop their single stage recoil spring conversion in mine and try that out too.

Glock made the ergonomics of the pistol better, and should have left it at that. They screwed with stuff that didn't need fixing.

That's how you justify your R&D department I guess.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Except when a company throws caution to the wind like Glock did (presumably due to greed), changes many things at once that weren't broken, and ends up with a non-stop flood of unhappy 9mm customers, RMAs, negative publicity, and lost future sales as more and more people catch wind. It wouldn't surprise me if before long we see early news of a Gen5 with Gen4 ergonomics and Gen3 mechanicals. If heads have not rolled over this, then Glock as a company is insane.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I took my Gen 4 G19 out for a bit today. As I've stated several times before, I have the lone wolf extractor. This was only the second time I've shot it since the swap and it ran perfectly. I shot 50 rounds of 124gr gold dot and ejection was exactly what it should be. The last time was a mix of cheap target ammo and ejection was kind of anemic, but didn't cause any malfunctions, but I wasn't 100% confident in it. After shooting the full power, high dollar ammo, which is what counts, I am.

I highly recommend their extractor. Lone wolf got this one right.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Glad it worked out for you. I have two 19 Gen4's and both have been flawless from day one as far as reliability.

I was hesitant to go Gen4 at 1st due to all the negative things I read online, but the positive reviews outweighed them, so I took the leap. And it sounded like if I did end up with a lemon, there were some work arounds. You came to one of the work arounds I was preparing myself for! :)

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    I want to reiterate what “bitterkenny” said. I too have recently purchased 2 Glock 19 Gen4’s and a Glock 17 Gen4. Have not had any issues with any of them with erratic ejection, ftf, or fte. I have run 115 grain cheap stuff, 135 grain HD, and 147 grain. Not a problem! I have a Glock factory threaded barrel on one of the 19’s running a Trident suppressor still no issues. Sorry to hear some are having issues but was very pleased when mine were not affected by the problems.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Except when a company throws caution to the wind like Glock did (presumably due to greed), changes many things at once that weren't broken, and ends up with a non-stop flood of unhappy 9mm customers, RMAs, negative publicity, and lost future sales as more and more people catch wind. It wouldn't surprise me if before long we see early news of a Gen5 with Gen4 ergonomics and Gen3 mechanicals. If heads have not rolled over this, then Glock as a company is insane.

It's sad. The one I have from years back is a work of art. When I went to get my second one, I was thinking it was going to be the same gun. Boy, was I wrong. I would rather Glock have just raised their prices, rather than cut quality. Really stupid decisions that has sullied their once fine reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom