• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Mine is s Gen3 and I had the problem.

An older gen 3 or a newer gen 3? Any Gen 3 made after I think January 2010 uses the same newer parts as the Gen 4's now use, which most people believe is why any glock manufactured after that date may have the issues.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    An older gen 3 or a newer gen 3? Any Gen 3 made after I think January 2010 uses the same newer parts as the Gen 4's now use, which most people believe is why any glock manufactured after that date may have the issues.

It's a newer one made in 2011. You are correct about the newer parts. One of the C/S reps at Glock told me that. I have another Gen3 from five years ago and never had a problem with it.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I love Glock and would not hesitate to purchase any Glock that looked to be in good shape and was manufactured pre-2010. I hope they figure out the problems and get them fixed, but until then I have no problem buying used. You save a little money and can swap out pretty much any internals you want to basically make it new again. As long as the previous owner wasn't too wreckless you shouldn't have to replace much.

As I said, when they pinpoint exactly what went wrong, address the issues and own up to it and all these horror stories stop popping up I will definitely add a Gen 4 to the stable. If I can't trust a weapon with my life, I have no use for it in my home.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I love Glock and would not hesitate to purchase any Glock that looked to be in good shape and was manufactured pre-2010. I hope they figure out the problems and get them fixed, but until then I have no problem buying used. You save a little money and can swap out pretty much any internals you want to basically make it new again. As long as the previous owner wasn't too wreckless you shouldn't have to replace much.

As I said, when they pinpoint exactly what went wrong, address the issues and own up to it and all these horror stories stop popping up I will definitely add a Gen 4 to the stable. If I can't trust a weapon with my life, I have no use for it in my home.

Me either. I have gotten rid of ones I don't trust will be reliable.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Got the shipping label.

What's the best way to ship this?

Can I put it in the hard plastic "glock case" it came in with the empty magazines and just package that in a card board box and ship it out?

They sent a Fed-Ex shipping label. Where do I have to drop the handgun off? Can their express store's do it or does it have to go to one of their main pick up/delivery places?

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. or with a signature release. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to FedEx is required to notify the FedEx employee who accepts the package that the package contains a firearm. The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package contains a firearm. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express Drop Box.

You also agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just ship back the gun, without any magazines. Shipping it back in the hard case (inside a larger cardboard box with packing material) is up to you. You might not get your hard case back. Otherwise use a somewhat oversized box for just the gun along with a healthy supply of bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and/or air-pocket wrap. Pack it to survive a war. With the prepaid shipping label, you can call FedEx to schedule a pickup at your house if you know you will be there all day. The other alternative is bringing it to a FedEx shipping facility (like the one in Hagerstown), not an express store. Also, when you hand the box over to FedEx, you are required to tell them that it contains a firearm. There must not be anything written on the box indicating it contains a firearm.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Thanks.

I obviously wouldnt leave my gun in an overnight drop box. I guess any Fex-Ex store can accept it.

I found a warranty card on line stating they can upgrade to night sights while there. I think I'm going to have them install factory night sights while its there.

I'm hoping but not betting on them getting it fixed.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Just called my friend who had to send his back a few times. He said Glock sent him an email with shipping instructions, he brought the gun wrapped in bubblewrap and the label to a fedex depot, told them what was in it, and they shipped it to GI instead of Glock Inc to minimize theft.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Kinkos are storefronts. If you drop it off, it must be at a FedEx shipping facility, where FedEx trucks are loaded/unloaded. FedEx calls them "FedEx World Service Center". You can search for the closest ones on the FedEx website by selecting the "Dangerous Goods" filter option under "Filter by additional shipping services and options".
    http://www.fedex.com/Dropoff/SearchAction.do
    (search once for your zip code, then select "Refine your search", then "Filter by additional shipping services and options", then "Dangerous Goods")

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Kinkos are storefronts. If you drop it off, it must be at a FedEx shipping facility, where FedEx trucks are loaded/unloaded. FedEx calls them "FedEx World Service Center". You can search for the closest ones on the FedEx website by selecting the "Dangerous Goods" filter option under "Filter by additional shipping services and options".
    http://www.fedex.com/Dropoff/SearchAction.do
    (search once for your zip code, then select "Refine your search", then "Filter by additional shipping services and options", then "Dangerous Goods")

Thanks a lot.

That settles it....I'll arrange pick up.

I'm not driving to York or Middle River.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    There is a FedEx customer service desk location at the BWI cargo center, if that is close by. They are only open in the afternoons as they prepare for the outbound aircraft runs. I drop high value networking and server equipment there when I need to ship stuff.

This location does not meet the "dangerous goods" option mentioned by Boom Boom in post #56.

Last edited:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    IMHO it might not be a smart idea to take a gun to somewhere near BWI.

Well, when I did a search on the "dangerous goods" option as Boom Boom noted, it doesn't show up as a valid drop location anyway. The closest "dangerous goods" option to the airport itself is the location on Hammonds Ferry Rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom