• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And one dumb stunt will change nothing. and in fact will set us back even further.

Complete idiocy IMO

Last edited:

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Yep...frustration can lead to idiocy, I guess. I'll keep it to myself, and try to find a job out of state after master's is done.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    Wondering when the first petition under new red flag law will be used to suppress oc of long guns. havent looked at new statute in awhile but wondering if it is a new tool to be misused in this situation.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Just frustrated with this state. Wish there was something we could do....some way to change g&s without waiting for years and praying the SCOTUS picks it up. I wouldn't be the first to try this, but I would join in if a lot decided to try to educate the people and LE. It can't be a demonstration, but a trip to the store should be fine.

There IS something you and your friends and neighbors can do:

VOTE THE BASTARDS OUT!!!!

Doesn't cost a penny and you can do it next Tuesday if you're registered.

Also...

You can protest in Annapolis in the early Spring when the MGA lurches back into session. It's fine to just stand there. #1A.

You can attend the HPRB meetings in Crownsville and remind the MSP that The People are watching.

You can join MSI (best $20 you'll spend) and volunteer for a shift at a gun show.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I am all for Long Gun Open carry. If you want someone to walk with. I am game.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Maybe we can get some legal support from MSI, if needed? Again, not a demonstration....just maybe a trip to a calm coffee shop or to pick up a six pack?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Again, not a demonstration....just maybe a trip to a calm coffee shop or to pick up a six pack?

To what end? I'm being serious. Are you hoping that people who would normally never vote to change this state in a way that would it possible for you to properly carry concealed ... are going to suddenly have a change of heart because you walked into mix alcohol with carrying a rifle? What is one or two guys carrying a rifle in a coffee shop supposed to communicate? I mean that. Specifically. What is an uninformed person in line for a latte supposed to take away from that?

Because here's what they're going to take away from that (after they call 911): "Gun people ARE crazy, and there's one in the coffee shop deliberately trying to frighten me with a big gun. Now I'm REALLY going to vote for the most extreme gun control politicians that ask for my vote."

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD

I was about to link this video. This video explains the situation perfectly. According to the video 1. MD used the fact that open carry is legal to make getting a CCW nearly impossible for the average citizen. The argument is that you don't NEED CCW because you can always open carry. And 2. Anyone who open carries will be stopped. There is no way in most of MD (I don't know about rural areas) that you can walk down the street with a long gun and not have calls start pouring in on you. This will lead to a tense and possibly dangerous confrontation with the police and probably them telling you you need to stop because you are scaring everyone.

Open carry in MD is a myth. A perfectly legal myth. It's a myth because you can't really do it. You're legally allowed to walk around Baltimore at night wearing a shirt made out of S100 bills taped together. Other factors would prevent you from doing it though, like sanity and a sense of self preservation.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am a member of MSI. I do not approve of any of my tiny amount of money being expended to move us backward, not forward.

It's a dumb idea and accomplishes nothing.

I can see the snowflakes in Starbucks at Westwood Shopping Center run out screaming their heads off.

Even better do it in Somerset and see how "educated" the residents become.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If I were to be honest , I see it not moving the ball one inch forward . Making a negative point and sheds a bad light IMHO . Like going to protest at people's homes and places they eat , once I see some of the tactics snowflakes use it is shaping my opinion in many ways .
    I don't like the shove it down your throat approach . This is all opinion based and YMV

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Is there a way to force the state's hand into issuing an advisory opinion on the matter w/o actually doing the stunt?

I know when you file a lawsuit it always has a line about fearing prosecution, exc. It's an interesting idea solely because you have someone who can veto any such reaction by the legislature and if the issue gets framed as trading long gun OC for shall issue CCW, you have a better chance.
    In a state like CA where the legislature and Governor are all on the same team then this aint gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom