• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Step 5 confuses me. Are you discussing a concealed carry permit there?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 310

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Helpful Hints Video[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Mayerson

Jan 17, 2011
    Claifications (sorry)

:innocent0
    :o
    1. Correct re that it is Maryland law that allows transport within the state to and from shooting contests, hunting, repair, and range.
    2. It is not necessary to do step #5 re the handgun license if you simply wish to own and keep in your home. You do need step 1. While step 5 is a hassle, I recommend doing this, in part because it may eventually assist you in a legal case (the Maryland 2A decision last year basically took away the ability of the defendant to make a constitutional argument because he had not applied).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Step 1 is only required if you purchase a regulated firearm in MD.

Step 5 is virtually impossible for a regular person to obtain a permit.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think from your list that you need to insert the word "hand" in front of gun in your title. If you're buying a long gun a lot of th at does not apply.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    :innocent0
    :o
    1. Correct re that it is Maryland law that allows transport within the state to and from shooting contests, hunting, repair, and range.
    2. It is not necessary to do step #5 re the handgun license if you simply wish to own and keep in your home. You do need step 1. While step 5 is a hassle, I recommend doing this, in part because it may eventually assist you in a legal case (the Maryland 2A decision last year basically took away the ability of the defendant to make a constitutional argument because he had not applied).

Are you implying that if a person doesn't apply for a "Handgun License" then he or she CANNOT transport it or remove it from their home? I've never applied for any such license and I transport my handguns frequently to and from the range, gunsmiths, etc. Also, "make a constitutional argument" for what?

A little more clarity and detail please.

Mayerson

Jan 17, 2011
    Some clarification added to orignal post. You can go to/from shop, range, or hunting location/sporting that itself is lawful; and you can have on your property under Maryland law. Federal law allows you to take your weapon across statelines to a lawful location in the other state. Generally, in the trunk and in a lock box.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Now, let me say I am not trying to be antagonistic toward the OP. However, most of this stuff has been covered ad nauseum on this very site for years. As an introductory post, it seems, to me at least, to be a little over the top.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some clarification added to orignal post. You can go to/from shop, range, or hunting location/sporting that itself is lawful; and you can have on your property under Maryland law. Federal law allows you to take your weapon across statelines to a lawful location in the other state. Generally, in the trunk and in a lock box.

Generally? Except if you have no trunk, which many of us SUV folks don't. Lawful location? In Most shall issue states any location except a few limited places are legal. Your clarifications are not clarifying at all IMO

From FOPA:

Title 18 SS926A

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm OR ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.
    I agree with Joe, the OP needs to do a little more research in order to provide a more accurate original post and subsequently not have to correct the original. Sorry, that's my .02 on this. Bad info is worse than none IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom