Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Mautz is flailing his arms trying to save face now that his actions have been exposed. Sadly for us peasants it's too little too late. Our only Hope is a veto.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If The Bumps are outlawed, doesn't Maryland have to buy them all back?

How does that work and who can tell me where to find it in COMAR please?

I was discussing this with Del. Mautz earlier. He is not aware of that provision.

Thanks

Oh, you 13ers....LOL, oh no, wait...

Our position is that the Maryland Constitution's "takings" clauses demands that the FREE STATE pay for our property that it "takes" by making legal property suddenly illegal to possess.

Except Madam Dumais of the MoCo Kingdom has blithely commented in the House Judiciary Committee meeting that the "takings' clause "only applies to real estate". Yeah, right, sister.

Then there's the other bullsh!t they float: that there is no "taking" if they give Maryland Bump Stock owners until October 1 to sell them on the open market--which necessarily includes Baltimore Drive-by shooters interested in an accessory that it very difficult to obtain unless a felon risks attending a gun show

Nice job, Democraps!

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Mautz is flailing his arms trying to save face now that his actions have been exposed. Sadly for us peasants it's too little too late. Our only Hope is a veto.

At least you have other (R) running for his position like Mimi Gedamu (R ), and Keith Graffius (R ) in which you have bargaining chips. You can at least threaten to vote them in to take Mautz's position in emails, etc.

Some of our districts don't have any (R) running against them in the Primary or anybody in the General election. What can I threaten spineless Matt Morgan with when as of now there's NOBODY running against him?. :mad54:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    His replacement will have less seniority, less influence , and probably less important Committee assignments .

And take notice of why is predecessor was dis-elected.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    His replacement will have less seniority, less influence , and probably less important Committee assignments .

And take notice of why is predecessor was dis-elected.

My supposedly pro 2A spineless Rep votes wrong with seniority and influence. Aggravating.
    .... are you suggesting we stay with status quoe because the new incoming will not have seniority, and influence? That's how we got here now.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    My supposedly pro 2A spineless Rep votes wrong with seniority and influence. Aggravating.
    .... are you suggesting we stay with status quoe because the new incoming will not have seniority, and influence? That's how we got here now.

no, he is suggesting that you can vote for his democrat challenger, as they, if elected, will have much less influence on others in the assembly, likely not be placed on a committee etc...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

its exactly what people are here saying.

my rep lied, then voted wrong, lied in his weak excuse filed response to me, wont answer the phone nor take my calls.

and if this bill passes and Hogan signs it we are supposed to vote for reps who lie to us and a governor who signs a bill into law to take your rights, your property and to make you a felon the day the law goes into effect unless you destroy or turn in your own, legally owned property.

personally I cant swallow that pill.

I can see what they are talking about but I just cant do it.

its like rewarding bad kids hoping they get better or rewarding bad employees who steal from you. I wish it was different for me but it isn't.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Its like rewarding bad kids hoping they get better or rewarding bad employees who steal from you. I wish it was different for me but it isn't.

More like keeping the employees who are stealing office supplies vice hiring the only interviewee to replace them who says he'll embezzle the company into bankruptcy on his first day.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    As sad as it is, you get used to feeling dirty when you vote. Being a DINO taught me that. I could hardly look in the mirror, but it's the only fight I have here in upper MoCo. They stole my district from me in the last gerrymander, so I have nothing to lose. Just call me "Triple D",

Dirty DINO Dogmeat

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    More like keeping the employees who are stealing office supplies vice hiring the only interviewee to replace them who says he'll embezzle the company into bankruptcy on his first day.

I don't keep employees that steal. never have, never will. when they steal I prosecute.

so if a rep wants my vote he has to be better than the ones we now have down here. either pro 2a or they wont get my vote.

sad state of affairs in md now. opposition party is only a couple dozen patriots and a bunch of lying traitors.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    What is the final wording on this bill? Did it include binary triggers? What about sending letter to ATF? Waste of time?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    What is the final wording on this bill? Did it include binary triggers? What about sending letter to ATF? Waste of time?

The bill has always included binary triggers.

You can go comment on the ATF's Notice of Proposed Rule Making if you want to.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    The bill has always included binary triggers.

You can go comment on the ATF's Notice of Proposed Rule Making if you want to.
    Yes, but I wanted to know about "grandfathering"
    I thought that period was now closed.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yes, but I wanted to know about "grandfathering"
    I thought that period was now closed.

ianal but I believe we have till 10-1-2019 to play with our toys and try and get a letter or stamp or some other thing that doesn't exist from the atf saying we are good to go with our toys and then you get to turn them in or destroy them, unless the feds decide to have us do it faster.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    So to summarize, If the governor signs (and he has stated multiple times that he would):

Bump stocks / slide fire stocks are banned
    Bump grips or other devices that aid in the bump-firing technique are banned
    Trigger cranks / Gat devices are banned
    Binary triggers / Double Tap triggers are banned
    Hell-Fire / Hell-Storm type devices are banned

There is no compensation for the taking of these private properties
    The grandfathering clause for existing legally owned devices involves a process and approval from the ATF that doesn't exist.

Only options are to turn them in, destroy them, or move them out of state before October 1st.

Do I have my facts straight.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There is no grandfathering for existing legally owned devices

Only options are to turn them in, destroy them, or move them out of state before October 1st.

Do I have my facts straight.

Strictly speaking, they are banned after Oct 1, 2018. if you own one before that, you need to "apply" for "authorization" to the ATF before Oct 1 2018. If you "receive" "authorization", you can own it.

The way the MD law is written, MD is (strictly speaking) not taking anything from you, the ATF is. You would need to sue ATF for compensation for making you destroy the bump stock.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Strictly speaking, they are banned after Oct 1, 2018. if you own one before that, you need to "apply" for "authorization" to the ATF before Oct 1 2018. If you "receive" "authorization", you can own it.

The way the MD law is written, MD is (strictly speaking) not taking anything from you, the ATF is. You would need to sue ATF for compensation for making you destroy the bump stock.

No, you would still need to sue MD. MD can't just point their finger and blame the bad laws they passed on someone else to relieve themselves of legal liability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom