• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You don’t want to shoot your drunk brother-in-law coming in to say surprise. Well…maybe you do but that’s a personal decision.

Hey , I like my brother-in-law . And I wouldn't want to get in a gun fight with him either .

But it's moot . After the latest from MGA , he swears he will never, ever again cross the Potomac .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    for whatever reason the G43x just "feels" better in my grip than the 365
    I really wanted to like the 365. We had some friends that both got the 365, and another friend got one as well. I held one of them and it just didn't feel right. The magazine release felt like it sat too low and was obstructed by my grip. Full disclosure, I have a lot of years and a lot of rounds down the Glock platform, so it I don't even need to think to use that gun. Its ugly, its clunky and its boring, but I know the platform very well and am quite used to it.

My wife, who doesn't shoot nearly as much as me, agreed that she preferred the handling of the 43X better than the 365. With LEO discount, both guns cost the same after getting night sights on the Glock (OEM on the Sig).

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I was having the same "comfort" issue w/my 43x stock trigger. I finally switched out the OEM trigger w/an Apex trigger-- it cured the discomfort issue completely. The only other mods to my 43x have been an extended mag release to replace the stock mag release so I could use the 15 round Shield Arms metal mags, and a MILSPIN custom engraved backplate.

The 43x continues to be the firearm of choice for EDC carry over my P365XL w/RDS. At this point it seems mostly a confidence and competency issue. I have not grown competant enough yet to feel confident in each pull of the trigger w/my RDS --- and for whatever reason the G43x just "feels" better in my grip than the 365...at this point--YMMV. So the 43x gets the daily carry nod more often until things change...or not.
    I just ordered one and I hope it solves the problem. The Glock feels better in the hand to me than the 365 until I pull the trigger :sad20:

I feel the same way about the RDS. I just don't practice enough with them to feel comfortable. I am kinda screwed anyway. My astigmatism makes the dot look wonky and my eyes are aging to where iron sights are fuzzy.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I just ordered one and I hope it solves the problem. The Glock feels better in the hand to me than the 365 until I pull the trigger :sad20:

I feel the same way about the RDS. I just don't practice enough with them to feel comfortable. I am kinda screwed anyway. My astigmatism makes the dot look wonky and my eyes are aging to where iron sights are fuzzy.
    Well---I sincerely hope it works for you and this cures the discomfort. I also replaced my Gen5 G17 trigger w/the Apex and it had the same positive effect for me. The trigger swap out on the 43x was little tricky for me but, it all came together in the end.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Well---I sincerely hope it works for you and this cures the discomfort. I also replaced my Gen5 G17 trigger w/the Apex and it had the same positive effect for me. The trigger swap out on the 43x was little tricky for me but, it all came together in the end.
    Is it a pin that has to be driven through the trigger bar? I had to do that on the Johnny Glock trigger. On the Tyrant, everything has set screws which makes it really easy.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I did it. After a decade of experimenting and thousands and thousands of learned dollars spent on equipment, holsters, doos and dads I think this is the perfect carry gun:

Wilson Combatized Action Tuned Sig P365 with a Holosun EPS enclosed green dot, F8 nightsights, PMM compensator, DPM recoil spring package (medium weight), and a Nightstick TSM 13W light. Ran anything I put through it to this point, but am still trying different holster combinations to find out what fits best. Needless to say the retention piece will be an ulticlip.

View attachment 423474
    View attachment 423475

This is a compact enough package to carry everyday but maximized for first and followup shots. Is all this needed? Of course not. Under stress I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a stock p365 and this. But it feels good knowing that any problems that arise from this setup is purely user centric as the platform is as ready as its ever going to be.

Love to hear the hives' thoughts.
    What's the advantage of the WC slide over SIG?

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I really wanted to like the 365. We had some friends that both got the 365, and another friend got one as well. I held one of them and it just didn't feel right. The magazine release felt like it sat too low and was obstructed by my grip. Full disclosure, I have a lot of years and a lot of rounds down the Glock platform, so it I don't even need to think to use that gun. Its ugly, its clunky and its boring, but I know the platform very well and am quite used to it.

My wife, who doesn't shoot nearly as much as me, agreed that she preferred the handling of the 43X better than the 365. With LEO discount, both guns cost the same after getting night sights on the Glock (OEM on the Sig).
    I really want to like my 365 as well--- hell I love the aesthetics of the firearm. Funny, I just pick it up or draw it and the sights (RDS or iron) just seldom seem to come on target in the same way my 43x does. Seems I always have to make an adjustment to get them on the target. I'm sure there is a simple, logical reason why. But w/the 43x-- much more often than not, I'm on target regularly when presentation to target occurs and it seems like a natural extension of my hand/fingers.

I even tried swapping out the OEM frame for the Wilson Combat frame on the 365-- better feel but I still struggle to have the gun come on target without adjustment to my grip.

My wife has a 365 as well as a 43x---she carries her 43x almost exclusively.

Not here to bash the platform because many here on the forum have high praise for the 365 and in truth inspired my purchase-- my hope is more practice with it will breed competency, following into confidence that I can make the shot I need to make when I need to make it...if ever--God forbid

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Some would say this is

a431dccfda02873839b36caa4b895c16.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Looks great, hope it works well for you.

I prefer a minimalistic carry gun. I give up the accessories to have a lighter, more concealable tool. I like a no frills, small, point and shoot firearm for carry. A nightstand gun is different story.
    That's my philosophy. KISS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom