• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I did it. After a decade of experimenting and thousands and thousands of learned dollars spent on equipment, holsters, doos and dads I think this is the perfect carry gun:

Wilson Combatized Action Tuned Sig P365 with a Holosun EPS enclosed green dot, F8 nightsights, PMM compensator, DPM recoil spring package (medium weight), and a Nightstick TSM 13W light. Ran anything I put through it to this point, but am still trying different holster combinations to find out what fits best. Needless to say the retention piece will be an ulticlip.

20230721_200701.jpg

20230721_200713.jpg

This is a compact enough package to carry everyday but maximized for first and followup shots. Is all this needed? Of course not. Under stress I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a stock p365 and this. But it feels good knowing that any problems that arise from this setup is purely user centric as the platform is as ready as its ever going to be.

Love to hear the hives' thoughts.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fair Enough . :) ( See Blaster's thread)

But seriously :

I implore you to ditch the Compensator . Straight Up is actually the worst direction for a defensive gun . From retention position , from hip , etc , it will direct the blast right at your face/ eyes .

Seriously , it's only a 9mm , they don't kick that much to need a comp .

Optic isn't my taste , significant % feel otherwise .

Seeing in the dark is important . I'm sufficiently attuned to using hand light , but if you want gun mounted light , go for it .

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Fair Enough . :) ( See Blaster's thread)

But seriously :

I implore you to ditch the Compensator . Straight Up is actually the worst direction for a defensive gun . From retention position , from hip , etc , it will direct the blast right at your face/ eyes .

Seriously , it's only a 9mm , they don't kick that much to need a comp .

Optic isn't my taste , significant % feel otherwise .

Seeing in the dark is important . I'm sufficiently attuned to using hand light , but if you want gun mounted light , go for it .
    Will take your opinion into account. I have a p365 in a more traditional configuration as well. The PMM is highly regarded, but I have yet to run through any courses with this setup to finalize my decision.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    PMM well regarded compared to other Compensators , for doing Compensator things ? Could be , and have no reason to dispute that .

My warning is about ANY Compensator on defensive gun .

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Looks great, hope it works well for you.

I prefer a minimalistic carry gun. I give up the accessories to have a lighter, more concealable tool. I like a no frills, small, point and shoot firearm for carry. A nightstand gun is different story.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Clearly you’ve put thought, time and money into your gun. It’s a beauty.

I‘m a KISS guy. Simple is best for me. Less is more for me.

I’m also a P365 guy when I’m not CZing it. A far cry from the 1911 I loved and carried for years.

Changing grips or sights is about as far as I want to wander. Windows intrigue me but IMO, absolutely not for a defensive piece. I’ve seen them fail AND I’m a Luddite. Compensators are to me a straight up example of us being hungry for new and more gadgets. I can maybe see it on a handgun whose caliber starts with 4 but then mostly for fun stuff and not defensive use.

I have the need for my hammer to just be a hammer. No frills. Just good old reliability and consistency. That requires me to do my part.

Gingerbread looks great and sometimes, even often works just as advertised. When hitting the nail on the head, in the dark, Im unconcerned with how she looks but much more concerned with if and how she works. Every. Time.

Love your SIG. It’s pretty and May run like a scalded goat. It’s just not something I’d wear daily on my hip.

May it keep you safe and make you happy if and when you have to get r out and go to work.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    In my most humble of worthless opinions, a carry gun should be pretty basic and have the least amount of things that can fail. All that extra add on stuff are just more things that can go wrong and cause malfunctions or failures.

A reliable gun with a factory trigger, factory magazines, proper cleaning and lubrication and quality ammunition are the best tools for carry.

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    In my most humble of worthless opinions, a carry gun should be pretty basic and have the least amount of things that can fail. All that extra add on stuff are just more things that can go wrong and cause malfunctions or failures.

A reliable gun with a factory trigger, factory magazines, proper cleaning and lubrication and quality ammunition are the best tools for carry.

The only thing I've done to my P365 is swap for the Wilson Combat grip to add the manual safety and seek out some 12 round magazines. Not sure I'd call it the perfect EDC gun because it's a little much to conceal in the summer with shorts and t-shirts but it's close. I'm certainly not adding anything to it to make it larger.

I think one defining characteristic of a EDC gun is that you never feel the need to show it off to anyone. :)

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    That's a nice looking piece. Good job. That grip looks really comfortable. Makes me want to trade in the 43x

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    I did it. After a decade of experimenting and thousands and thousands of learned dollars spent on equipment, holsters, doos and dads I think this is the perfect carry gun:

Wilson Combatized Action Tuned Sig P365 with a Holosun EPS enclosed green dot, F8 nightsights, PMM compensator, DPM recoil spring package (medium weight), and a Nightstick TSM 13W light. Ran anything I put through it to this point, but am still trying different holster combinations to find out what fits best. Needless to say the retention piece will be an ulticlip.

View attachment 423474
    View attachment 423475

This is a compact enough package to carry everyday but maximized for first and followup shots. Is all this needed? Of course not. Under stress I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a stock p365 and this. But it feels good knowing that any problems that arise from this setup is purely user centric as the platform is as ready as its ever going to be.

I saw the title of this thread in the email and thought, "oh sheez, here we go again! I wonder what BS this is going to be!?!"

Well, I gotta say, you might be RIGHT! Great stuff, enjoy that!

Sarguy7777

Kwitcherbitchin
    Feb 26, 2012
    Odenton
    Man, those Wilson builds look sweet.

I'd run that comp in low light vs your other 365 to see if one shot destroys your adjusted NV worse than normal.

To each their own, but I like my carry guns to be factory other than sighting systems and lights. I either carry a 19x or a 43 depending on weather. Both have Night sights and white lights, the 19x has an RMR, and I run Shield mags in the 43 with 9+1 round capacity.

I highly recommend tier 1 holsters btw. A good belt (I run a nexbelt) with a tier 1 Agis Elite is the most comfortable rig I've worn in 23 years of concealed carry, and it disappears under a t-shirt.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick

View attachment 423474
    View attachment 423475

Gee, I thought I had the

View attachment 423474
    View attachment 423475

Gee. And here I was thinking I had the perfect carry weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom