• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Not sure the family had any opportunity to know. When he moved into the house, he apparently never connected power but just plugged in his stolen meter. It was just a week ago that delmarva figured out he was stealing power and disconnected him.

Where his family could have come in was 10 years ago when his dad should have taken him aside and told him to get himself fixed rather than popping out kids that he couldn't afford.

Not sure how they couldn't know , a single father with 7 kids working in a kitchen at a college the wage isn't there to support them.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Apparently father just recently got out after doing 16 months for domestic assault, allegedly stabbing the mother in the face by one report. Appears to be a three page record in courts if I am looking at the right guy. Might not be a bad person, who knows, but doesn't strike me as the ideally equipped person to be raising 7 kids alone with a low wage job. Be interesting to know if DSS had ever worked with this family.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Heard on the news that police were requesting documents and records from DP&L.

Regardless of what DP&L did or did not do, they didn't cause anyone's death. :shrug:

Last edited:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Read that ex was paying child support "until he moved and I didn't know where he lived". Also read that power company removed stolen meter in Oct and him and kids did not move in until Dec. You would think landlord would have made him have power before renting (if he was actually renting the place and not "squatting"). Sad all around. Funny how it takes a tragedy for all the family to come out and complain but not help when he needed it.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Read that ex was paying child support "until he moved and I didn't know where he lived".

She seems to be a real treasure. In the same sentence she talks about how she was involved in the kids lives.

Also read that power company removed stolen meter in Oct and him and kids did not move in until Dec.

According to delmarva powers statement, they stopped service at the request of the customer of record in october. On march 25th is when they removed the stolen meter.

You would think landlord would have made him have power before renting (if he was actually renting the place and not "squatting").

I dont remember a landlord ever caring on whether I had utility or phone service. They only cared that I squared up with the companies before I left so that the next renter wouldn't have an issue getting his power or gas connected.
    Also, they did have a meter plugged in, so any landlord inspecting the house would not have seen anything unusual (unless you really go up close and notice that there is no seal on the ring that holds the meter in the enclosure).

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    Tragic, but this statement had me with WTF:

"Family friend Stephanie Wells also told NBC News that the family's power had been shut off because of an unpaid bill. "I just feel that the system failed him," Wells said. "They didn't reach out to help him with his utility bills."

Are you surprised? You know you got to buy the animals everything. It's whiteys fault ya know

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They renamed the award after him?
    That's outrageous, they should've built a community center in his honor.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    The award burns my a$$. He stole a power meter for a year an got caught. Puts a gen set in the kitchen an kills himself an six kids. That makes him father of the year? That makes him a dumb A$$. Thank goodness the warning labels where on the generator or the manufacturer would be sued for millions.

Dec 31, 2012
    The award burns my a$$. He stole a power meter for a year an got caught. Puts a gen set in the kitchen an kills himself an six kids. That makes him father of the year? That makes him a dumb A$$. Thank goodness the warning labels where on the generator or the manufacturer would be sued for millions.

They will still be sued as will Delmarva Power. Those companies killed a father of the year...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Father Of The Year????
    He kills his seven children through negligence or stupidity and the article says:

One in three children grow up without a father in the U.S., and in the African American community it is two out of every three children, according to Fatherhood.org.

If his children had been without their father maybe they would be alive today.

The level of STUPID is rising in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom