• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    So in this post... you believe that the antithesis to DISAPPROVED is automatically NOT DISAPPROVED.

Yet in THIS post you prove yourself wrong.

So... Which way do you want it?

And for the sake of clarity... I DO NOT LIKE THIS ******** ANYMORE THAN ANYONE ELSE DOES.

However, having been there on BOTH sides of this issue SEVERAL times... I must understand it from both sides and advise that patience should be our attitude while we sort things out. I do NOT believe that Marty "Rain Man" OweMalley's new "SB281" laws will stand up to Constitutional scrutiny.

Thats just what we are getting at. They are not sending disapprovals back within 7 days. All i did was support the fact that msp is screwing up

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I never thought you did. I respect your opinion but its different than mine, and the majority of people posting here. I am guessing, not assuming, the anger is greater due to this being another burden(?) placed on us by the idiots in Annapolis. I just wish those fools would realize the people using guns are not buying them legally and all this crap is punishing the law abiding.

Thank you Robert...

I do not require that others conform to my opinion or even agree to it for the sake of conversation. Merely that they respect it as I respect theirs.

I also am aware of the fact that not ALL disapprovals are possible within the first seven days. And I do not believe that MSP is violating any laws by finding information past the seven day period that disqualifies a buyer. They are supposed to return a finding within the first seven days for any obvious reasons OR the FFL is free to release the purchase with no legal liability issues. However, MSP is not held to a "find out in seven days or don't find out at all" legality. They have seven days to render any disapproval that they are aware of. Folks need to understand the law, as it applies to the process better. The initial seven day language is their only as a guideline to allow folks to pick up their purchase IF the state has not been able to find a reason to deny, within that time frame.

It tells the state... Find a reason in the first seven days OR release the item UNTIL you DO find a reason. This is supposed to allow the commerce to be completed without undue delay for the seller or buyer.

The law also tells the buyer that this application has a deadline. IF the buyer has not picked up the item prior to the deadline then the application must start over again. It was never intended that the state would take so long to process the application.

Why did they write the law this way? Because that is what libtards do. They want to make everything so complicated that the average person will not want to bother with the process + a defacto infringement on 2A. But, again that is what libtards do... :mad54:

I wish that the fools would stop doing what they do but... alas... they are fools and that is what libtards do...

Why does a person who has just gone through the process today need to be put through the SAME F'n process again two days later?

Why does person who is LEGALLY CARRYING a firearm need to APPLY TO GET PERMISSION TO BUY ANOTHER ONE WHILE HE/SHE IS STANDING THERE WEARING ONE?

BECAUSE... All together now folks... THAT IS WHAT LIBTARDS DO! :mad54:
    They make dumbassed laws that are counter-intuitive to good sense and basic intellect.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I also am aware of the fact that not ALL disapprovals are possible within the first seven days. And I do not believe that MSP is violating any laws by finding information past the seven day period that disqualifies a buyer.

I did not think after 7 days you were Scott free. I have no problem with the state, well perhaps a little since other states just require the NCIS call by the seller at the time of sale, finding out after you received your property that you should have been disapproved and they call you to correct the issue. If you disposed of the firearm in the week or two after picking it up as in a straw purchase you get hammered and hammered hard. But I don't think that happens often enough to constrain dealers from releasing after 7 days.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Email FBI NICS Unit

Now that MSP has officially declared that it is lawful to release weapons prior to getting the background checks complete, I urge all of you to help me get the POC status revoked from MSP. Email your concerns to the NICS unit of FBI that prohibited people may end up getting firearms due to the inability of the MSP to process background checks in a timely manner. I don't care how you say it, or what you say (with some tact), but if we get enough complaints, we may be able to make some change.

Here is the email address:

a_nics@leo.gov

Let's take the MSP down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom