• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    We are not going to get any headway until an FFL mans up and does it. I know people say its there livelyhood and all, but there are a heck of a lot of part time FFLs that could bare the risk without it being a huge problem. A lot of FFLs are simply using the license for their own goodybags and have to do some business to keep it..which is fine but seriously why can one of the part timers do this....

There are a couple that I am aware of that are doing this on a limited bases and others that are starting to issue now.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Let me stop laughing and peeing my pants and I'll reply.

You want them to do what?

Remember who you are?

Remember that you were a good boy three days ago?

Are you crazy?

You could have gone on a state wide murdering and raping spree in between your application dates. In that three day span, you could have been arrested, had a mental screening, and had a conviction which would mean NOGUN4U.

Clearly you don't care about the children and the village.

I'm telling Hillary.

In that three day span, I could have spent 30 consecutive days in a mental institution:lol2:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    SNI- I truly share your frustration with the situation. That is the whole reason I started this thread. If we can find a way to get the FBI to remove MSP's POC authority, it would solve everything. I do know that the ATF and the FBI are pissed at what is going on. I have not been given any sort of time frame of what is going on behind the scenes, just "soon". I am not privy to all of what is going on and I have faith in those that are telling me this. I have pretty much hit a brick wall with these efforts so far, but I am hoping that something good will come of this. I continue to encourage all of you to email the ATF and NICS and express your outrage over the MSP delays.

Hello.

I will take off my Smartass hat for a moment and say thank you for looking into this.

Are you able to post for us the e-mail addresses for both organizations?

Again, thank you.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    mxrider bought his Colt LE 6920 on 4/7/13

Can anyone say: TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC........

I can only take being serious for short periods of TIME.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    mxrider bought his Colt LE 6920 on 4/7/13

Can anyone say: TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC---TOC---TIC........

I can only take being serious for short periods of TIME.

TOC---TIC----TOC---TIC----

Anyone?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    More like POC - PIC - POC - PIC...

It's like watching paint dry. I'm on pins and needles... will the state of MD bless me to own a new firearm that is just as dangerous as the ones I already own? Place your bets now... 70 days and counting until payout!

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    will the state of MD bless me to own a new firearm that is just as dangerous as the ones I already own? Place your bets now... 70 days and counting until payout!

WTF? I'm only waiting on ones that are LESS dangerous that the ones I walked out the door with as cash and carry. While they are more concealable than my AI AW, I'd wager that rifle is a hell of a lot more powerful than my PPQ or FiveSeven!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    There are none so blind...:sad20:

Insulting me while you evade the question is a nice tactic. The libtard gun grabbers use that one all the time. Now I'll ask you to answer the question again. This time without the condescending rhetoric.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Insulting me while you evade the question is a nice tactic. The libtard gun grabbers use that one all the time. Now I'll ask you to answer the question again. This time without the condescending rhetoric.

MSP is NOT following the law. The law states that the MSP shall notify the seller of a DISAPPROVED application within 7 days. So by default on the 8 day the application is NOT DISAPPROVED. It is that simple.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    If you can find it, it is best to trade or buy private sale in state. Just bought a handgun from a mdshooters member. Met at Glen Burnie barracks. Advised by the kind and helpful officer that transfer could take place in seven days. He even made a light hearted comment that if it ultimately came back dissaproved that they know where I live and would be in touch to inform me of my options.

Great guy and a no drama experience.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    If you can find it, it is best to trade or buy private sale in state. Just bought a handgun from a mdshooters member. Met at Glen Burnie barracks. Advised by the kind and helpful officer that transfer could take place in seven days. He even made a light hearted comment that if it ultimately came back dissaproved that they know where I live and would be in touch to inform me of my options.

Great. I know the law says after the 7th business day (or something like that) without a notification of DISAPPROVED. 10 days seems to be a good number for me to allow for a weekend and possibly some obscure state holiday.

I don't think it should be more than the 5-10 minutes a NICS check takes but I am trying to work within our effed up system in Md. So 10 days seems reasonable NOT 70/80/90+.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Exactly why i want to do my trade private party

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The funny (or not so funny) thing is now that FFL(s) are following the law (releasing after 7 days unless Disapproved), I actually wonder how long it will take for MSP to "catch up" (or should I say quit delaying/sitting on) with all of those pending (47,000) applications.....

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Having FFL's release after the 8-10th day might be a great way to call the MSP's bluff, if in fact they really were under 'orders' to slow it down. How curious it would look if once the FFL's started releasing on time, the backlog suddenly and miraculously disappears and MSP starts getting disapprovals out on time...

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The delays started well before SB-281 was introduced... so I do believe that the MSP is primarily overwhelmed by demand.

But the longer this plays out the more I'm convinced it's being manipulated... maybe there's no "orders" to slow it down, but someone at the top is ensuring the staffing/budgeting issue doesn't get fixed in a timely manner. They've had six months and plenty of warning to meet current demand.

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    The delays started well before SB-281 was introduced... so I do believe that the MSP is primarily overwhelmed by demand.

But the longer this plays out the more I'm convinced it's being manipulated... maybe there's no "orders" to slow it down, but someone at the top is ensuring the staffing/budgeting issue doesn't get fixed in a timely manner. They've had six months and plenty of warning to meet current demand.

It started with Zero's reelection. The introduction of SB-281 only made it worse, much worse.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Having FFL's release after the 8-10th day might be a great way to call the MSP's bluff, if in fact they really were under 'orders' to slow it down. How curious it would look if once the FFL's started releasing on time, the backlog suddenly and miraculously disappears and MSP starts getting disapprovals out on time...

Might also force the MSP to pull in more people. I don't subscribe to the belief that the MSP is doing it on purpose I subscribe to the belief that they are under staffed and over worked under normal conditions and with the current onslaught right now they are way under manned and no one is willing to put the resource in however if the administration sees guns being released without any checking they might toss money at the problem.

Thanks
    Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom