• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    He has a very good message and everyone should take some time to watch the posted video.

He said a few things about the War of 1812 which was very inspiring. Might even hint at 2A rights.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    I met Dr Carson when I volunteered at JHU way back when. He is a gifted neurosurgeon and also very humble. I think that the more there's a push to our center right Country from the far leaning left, the more the recoil, hopefully the equivalent of a 577 Tyrannosaur!

Mike G

Feb 10, 2013
    An inspiring speech from an inspiring man I will vote for him if he runs for office. Dr. Carson for PRESIDENT!

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I read in another thread that he said people dont need "assault rifles and high capacity magazines." Can't confirm. Wouldn't surprise me. He grew up in baltimore and he is a surgeon. Not to say all people from baltimore and all surgeons are anti-gun...but id say most are.

He operated on my fiance three times. Because she was a minor for the first operation he operated the next two even though she was over 18. I had the honor of meeting him and hes a hell of a guy.

Funny side story....I was at the Hopkins pediatric ICU when my fiance was recovering from surgery with Dr. Carson. My (girlfriend, then) was 19 but because of reasons stated above she was in pediatric. Every other patient in there had to be 6 and under. I was talking to this nice couple in the waiting area. They had a daughter in there. Later they said "So your child is in there? I hope they're okay." I said "no its my girlfriend but I appreciate that." The look of horror on their face was amazing. I had to explain that she was 19 lol.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Carson book "gifted hands" is a must read for every child (and adult) in my opinion.

Saw a movie about him with Cuba Gooding Jr. playing Carson. It was a good movie. As for his 2A stance, I would think that he would see reason if someone talked to him about it and/or took him shooting. Most rational people would understand the need for semi-automatic rifles with standard capacity magazines when explained logically versus emotionally.

Q

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I read in another thread that he said people dont need "assault rifles and high capacity magazines." Can't confirm. Wouldn't surprise me. He grew up in baltimore and he is a surgeon. Not to say all people from baltimore and all surgeons are anti-gun...but id say most are.

No, Dr Carson is from Detroit

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    He grew up in baltimore and he is a surgeon. Not to say all people from baltimore and all surgeons are anti-gun...but id say most are.

Back in the late '80's, I had to take a friend to the Hopkins ER on a Saturday night. I think we were the only ones waiting that weren't gang bangers. In 3 hours, I saw at least 2 or 3 shot up gang bangers get wheeled through the door... I'm sure the ER staff had formed pretty strong opinions just due to that kind of exposure..

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    He mentioned that he plans on retiring from surgery this summer, which is good timing because I'm sure the liberal apparatchik will strip him of his position at Hopkins for speaking out against King Obama.

He'll probably be audited this year. Maybe pulled over a few times by MSP.

PS- I think he's pro 2A based on his logical approach to the matters he has opined on so far.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    when he made the comment about needing real educated people in the government and not just lawyers I could not help but to notice that obama was not clapping. lol

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    Carson was 100% right on about lawyers and politicians. Educated folks like doctors, engineers and scientists are taught to balance conflicting interests and come up with the best solution to a problem regardless of position, where lawyers are taught to win. I'll take it a step further, they aren't even taught to solve problems and resolve conflicts.

Quite often in my field I'll end up in an engineering dispute and at the end of it agree to someone else's plan because logically they have convinced me it's the right thing to do (and even if I don't agree 100% that its the best but the group has decided otherwise, I'll still support it as long as it solves the problem and is safe to do.) I've never seen this consistently of career politicians. The only point where I won't back down is where I believe that someone's safety is at risk. I've seen this out of other scientists and doctors. I'm not bagging on all lawyers, it's just that in general, they are not taught to solve problems in a way that is fair and balanced.

Unfortunately the barrier to entry to politics and the level of BS so high most of these people would rather not enter politics.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Dr. Ben Carson is awesome. I was lucky enough to see him speak at my girlfriend's grad school commencement a few years ago. I don't think that I have ever been so intrigued by a speech before.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I wonder if he were to get into politics how many people would claim he raped them when they were kids.

xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    Just watched the movie "Gifted Hands - the Ben Carson story" with the family. Incredible Story.

I've been pushing his speech to co-worker and friends.... Getting great feedback.

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    No he didn't but from body language one could see Bobo sure as hell wanted to give him the finger. Dr. Carson is a national treasure imo.

Bobo?? Holy shit I haven't laughed that hard in a week! Love it!!

Back in the late '80's, I had to take a friend to the Hopkins ER on a Saturday night. I think we were the only ones waiting that weren't gang bangers. In 3 hours, I saw at least 2 or 3 shot up gang bangers get wheeled through the door... I'm sure the ER staff had formed pretty strong opinions just due to that kind of exposure..

You mean they formed opinions about gangbangers, right? Cause 2A supporters don't presume people form opinions about guns because assholes use them too. :innocent0

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    The fourth branch of government "special interest groups"......priceless!

Not sure of his 2A stance, but I am sure he is at least open minded enough to hear an argument.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    His telling of the Battle of Baltimore gave me chills. I really hope the best to him regardless of what he does after his medical career ends. I'm sure this is just the first in a long line of things we will hear from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom