• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Anybody going?
    I'm going to go out tomorrow afternoon. I had not actually been for some time so looking forward to it.
    Another poster started a thread already but was for a paid hunt with reputable org. I think that got me motivated.
    I would imagine places are getting difficult to find these days in most areas.
    The weathers great so far and plenty of birds flying nearby me so may get some shooting in.
    I need to go and make sure the plugs in my bird gun been checking a watermelon field on the other side of the river I can go to.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ve got two spots. If the fields aren’t cut you’re not really hunting just killing (unless you have a dog which I do not)

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Yes. Leaving home at about 330, 2 hrs to the field.

looking like windy, heavy gusts where I’ll be, but don’t care.

mental health day!

opening day here, state / fed land, steel shot 7 required. Everyone is guaranteed a check … plug is in…

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Tomorrow we are hunting resident geese, fishing for smallmouth, then driving an hour to shoot some doves.
    We sometimes do a blast and cast but tomorrow is a blast and cast and blast some more.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thats why you go to a watermelon field. If you cant find them, you shouldn't be there in the first place.
    This isn't our first three decades even of migratory bird hunting around here. :rolleyes:
    Lol I know I saw you said watermelon fields. You’re a lucky guy! Corn and soy here, can’t find shit half the time.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I should be somewhere in the sunflowers at the BCC IWLA tomorrow with my dog and a good friend. No idea what gun to take yet.
    Then Sunday is a training day at Rappahannock Retriever Club in Remington VA - getting ready for duck season which is what counts, at least to me.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Lol I know I saw you said watermelon fields. You’re a lucky guy! Corn and soy here, can’t find shit half the time.
    Maybe they just cut hay somewhere? They cut my side yard/field today and I thought damn I should just sit right there.
    Might knock one of the boys new house's windows out though on accident down the road apiece.
    Fuc it, at least I wont have to go far to charge my phone up to let him now.
    Ill send him a bill for letting him put it there.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    DON’T FORGET YOUR HIP NUMBERS!

sorry for the late PSA! Just got mine! Buried on the web site! But found eventually

good luck folks

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    So I haven't hunted for doves since I was 17 when my dad lived on a 120 acre farm in Trappe. What is this HIP thing?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    i shot bad.

22 shots 4 down 2 found

clear cut strips vs standing wheat (I think) was 1/5 Or so and those things blend in so well

beautiful day, cloudy, cool

IMG_2073.jpeg

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    a day outside is a good day. didn't shoot many birds but got sometime with a good friend, a good dog and a fun gun, bonus for paper shot shells which smell great.

Attachments

• IMG_8729.jpg
      IMG_8729.jpg
      721.1 KB · Views: 54
    • IMG_8731.jpg
      IMG_8731.jpg
      873 KB · Views: 59

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sure you do, Cammie the wonder dog. :lol:
    Yeah! I’m hearing folks shooting this morning on their farms in western HoCo. Most of the fields still have something in them but the hay fields! If rock digging was fruitful she would be a useful dog lol.

Post up some pics how did you all do?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom