Does “Commit to Buy” button override a well-documented, seller buyer agreement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I know I’m going to get fried by some for this but…..
    After some 5 PMs in reference to a classified firearm for sale, a less than the posted offered price was agreed on. This was an agreement between 2 new “Junior Members”. We were all the way through the deal, right down to price, time & place for a FTF sale. ( A long gun).Today, the seller contacted me and said someone was giving him a hard time because I hadn’t hit the commit to buy button, which I did 30 seconds later. Regardless, that 3rd party told the seller he HAD to sell the firearm to him because he hit the commit to sale button. So, is this a group that insists that a pushed button overrides a written agreement between two people? Sour grapes on my side? – Damn right! Wimp seller? I hope not. A pushy a-hole jumping into the middle of a done deal? – I’m absolutely sure.
    Yea,. I’m venting but please no “You should have read the rules".:mad54:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Join date/post count aside.

As long as I've been here, its been the norm for Commit to Buy to trump all previous discussions/arrangements, it's the whole reason that button is there (IMO).

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Usually on most "multiple" ads they'll list items SOLD as they sell.
    Most also ask NOT to hit CTB.
    CTB>everything else.
    I've personally lost about $1500 worth of merchandise on deals I've been negotiating because someone else hit CTB.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012
    Usually on most "multiple" ads they'll list items SOLD as they sell.
    Most also ask NOT to hit CTB.
    CTB>everything else.
    I've personally lost about $1500 worth of merchandise on deals I've been negotiating because someone else hit CTB.

Okay so the CTB is the rule, but its not? Gray area?

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    After your negotiating was done and a agreement was made you should have hit commit to buy .

If you could not for some reason he/she can as the seller commit to buyer . I have done that many times for buyers .

That said he could have just dumped your lower agreed price for his asking price to the other guy . Next time save yourself the aggravation and hit commit to buy or ask the seller to commit the ad to you .

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    After your negotiating was done and a agreement was made you should have hit commit to buy .

If you could not for some reason he/she can as the seller commit to buyer . I have done that many times for buyers .

That said he could have just dumped your lower agreed price for his asking price to the other guy . Next time save yourself the aggravation and hit commit to buy or ask the seller to commit the ad to you .

This. Not your fault OP. a lot of us have been bitten by it. :)

Sent from my fire using smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom