Do You Clean your Rifle After Every Shooting Session?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do You Clean your Rifle After Every Shooting Session?

• Yes always.

Votes: 17 19.1%
    • No, I clean my rifle periodically but not after every shooting session.

Votes: 56 62.9%
    • Yes that's my intent but sometimes I don't get to it until later.

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I clean after every shooting session. I get you need a fouling shot before going hunting...but I'm not a hunter and I take pride in keeping my guns clean just like my cars. I'm careful to use quality products and don't overdo it which can be harmful. Pride in ownership.
    I've had very accurate shots with a cold, clean bore - I don't always get to it, but I do try. Like others, I'm adamant about wiping things down before they get put away at the very least.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I've had very accurate shots with a cold, clean bore - I don't always get to it, but I do try. Like others, I'm adamant about wiping things down before they get put away at the very least.
    I think the ones that dont clean often may not even notice much of a difference.
    Or they're shooting short range targets with optics 2" over bore center line and add in a little error during warm and they're gtg.
    Idk, some will print just fine initially too. Most of my stuff will print high initially and then I look at a record from last time I shot and then I know relatively what I'm working with.
    If I cant get to the range before hunting, Ill just go outside and put a round in the ground and not worry about it. Usually when I miss, its on me, not the rifle.
    You should be able to call your shots anyway if you asked me what I really think. But I cant say I can always do that repetitively to any degree of consistency for every time I laid an aim.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    Its part of the therapy of shooting. Also, it could weeks to years before next time shot. Leaving the residue sounds like abuse of a tool. Also, who wants to reach into the safe and grab a dirty weapon?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    aromatherapy_poster.jpeg

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Blackpowder rifle, yes. Everything else, nope.
    I voted no, but all muzzle loading equipment yes. I bought a 45 LC conversion cylinder for the 1858 because they took even longer to clean and I like shooting it more than my Glock or Sig. Clays powder hardly makes it dirty and the lube just gets on the end of the cylinder a little.

The CVA Accura is super easy. pull the plug and soak it and windex and swab the barrel.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I clean after every range trip, and either clean the same day or the next day. I like to inspect my gun to make sure I don't see any cracks on the lugs, chips on the extractor, etc... that would become a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom