• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just Guns was one of the first places I went 2 yrs ago when looking to get my first handgun. So I had some questions, but being the in military I wasn't a total noob/idiot. Nobody was particularly helpful and one guy who still works there (see him at gun shows) was a real know-it-all with all the incorrect answers and questionable advice, so I left never to return.

There's too many good, reliable, friendly and helpful gun shops around to waste time on one that wasn't

Biker-Dave

Nov 19, 2012
    Guys like that are in shops all over the place. My buddy and I went gun hunting last year. I told him before we walked into the shop just what to expect. The storys of the "incredible" shots, the war hero tales, and how many thugs they had encountered at the shop. It took less then 5 min. before the first tale of hitting a dime at 1000 yards open sights and 30kts of cross wind came out. my friend started laughing so bad we had to leave. It's the same way for Harley owners. Guy drops 50grand for a bike and all the chrome. Dresses the part with the leather jacket and chaps. Gets out only on sunny warm days and trailers his bike to the shows.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    It helps to be a bigwig in the NRA, I suppose.

Still, Jesus, it's not like I think he's got customers living like they just stepped out of 'The Wire,' but what exactly does he think happens with some of those firearms that the paperwork got 'lost' on?

Nah, just no laws against someone else applying for an FFL as an employee of a business where the previous holder was revoked. That's how shops can circumvent these issues, didn't help
    him regarding state criminal charges though.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's the same way for Harley owners. Guy drops 50grand for a bike and all the chrome. Dresses the part with the leather jacket and chaps. Gets out only on sunny warm days and trailers his bike to the shows.
    Ever see the bumper sticker " I drove my truck to trailer week"? :-)

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

wasntme

Jun 10, 2012
    I have had absolutly no problems out of them, Ive only bought one rifle (.17hmr) the rest of the times has to buy ammo only, Yea the owner dresses funny but he has alway treated me good. Best prices on 5.7x58 that I've found anywhere, and he's always got it. Remember he is right out of the city and has alot of hood rats frequent his location, this may keep him on edge. Al in All though he is a good guy once he remembers you as a customer.

DinDinh04

Dec 28, 2012
    MD
    Google review for this place is kinda mix. I would def like to get an autograph from him when I check this place out.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I went in there last week and they had almost nothing on their shelves, totally different than the last time I was there. I was looking for something specific and he had nothing in the category.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Guys like that are in shops all over the place. My buddy and I went gun hunting last year. I told him before we walked into the shop just what to expect. The storys of the "incredible" shots, the war hero tales, and how many thugs they had encountered at the shop. It took less then 5 min. before the first tale of hitting a dime at 1000 yards open sights and 30kts of cross wind came out. my friend started laughing so bad we had to leave. It's the same way for Harley owners. Guy drops 50grand for a bike and all the chrome. Dresses the part with the leather jacket and chaps. Gets out only on sunny warm days and trailers his bike to the shows.

^^^^This!! :lol:

Never been to just guns, but being a advid rider myself, this makes perfect sense!! Funny as hell too!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Remember the commando in there is a TIER ONE SEAL Beret Force Recon Mall Parajumper US Marshall from the Drug Firearms and Federal Investigation Bureau. He's a real badass. If you are on here you are a tool. I think his name is Justin? Can't remember, but he was a total dick to y 70 year old uncle in there one time and we had words. . .

Well he sounds like a real Fart SMeller...

His credentials must include...

(nothing to see here folks... please just move along)

:lol:

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    I haven't been there in a while but the only gripe I have is the damn dog behind the counter that will jump up and bite you.

The skinny tacticool guy is Jeff. He is a good guy

XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    These folks are rude. Just guns lost their ffl a few times comming back with a new name.

Just to be fair,
    Just Guns didn't lose their FFL, the previous owner of lost their license and the current owner opened a store in the same location and may have bought out the inventory. I have never bought anything there or even been in the shop but my wife is a friend of the current owner's wife.

Hello Kitty

Oct 4, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Just to be fair,
    Just Guns didn't lose their FFL, the previous owner of lost their license and the current owner opened a store in the same location and may have bought out the inventory. I have never bought anything there or even been in the shop but my wife is a friend of the current owner's wife.

Since this came up here, I have a question maybe someone can answer. Does the business have the FFL, or an individual (the owner)? Or can either?

I'm curious because a coworker was telling me that he was going to apply for a FFL and I got to thinking about it. So, use Just Guns as an example. If the owner has the FFL, would his employees also need their own FFL? Or can they submit paperwork on his behalf? Or is it the business that has the FFL and employees can do paperwork on behalf of the business?

Just curious :)

chuckcounty

Mar 14, 2012
    Bryantown/Baltimore, MD
    Maybe the times i went i was just lucky they were very helpful when i went there the few times i did, thats unfortunate that multiple people have had those experiences. IF you are a business customer service should be number 1

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I haven't been there in a while but the only gripe I have is the damn dog behind the counter that will jump up and bite you.

The skinny tacticool guy is Jeff. He is a good guy

Im pretty sure the tacticool guy is justin, at least thats what he told me. And hes a douchebag poser. And that dog is another *******. All it needs is a thigh rig.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Just Guns has not lost their license, they first operated as OC Outdoors, then they leased space from Valley Guns when he (Sandy Abrams) lost his ffl. That location is "Just Guns".
    While I agree they have some young gung-ho guys working there, so do most gun shops.
    I have never had a problem with the owner and his wife, who I have bought from at many shows in the past.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Since this came up here, I have a question maybe someone can answer. Does the business have the FFL, or an individual (the owner)? Or can either?

I'm curious because a coworker was telling me that he was going to apply for a FFL and I got to thinking about it. So, use Just Guns as an example. If the owner has the FFL, would his employees also need their own FFL? Or can they submit paperwork on his behalf? Or is it the business that has the FFL and employees can do paperwork on behalf of the business?

Just curious :)
    It can go both ways. The business can hold the license, or an individual can apply and run as a sole proprietor. Either way, bona-fide employees of the business don't need their own FFL to submit paperwork - the business owner just submits the paperwork to the state/feds so that they can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom