• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've been warned that Dillon has become much more difficult to deal with since the old man died. I've had two instances that I need tech help with parts. the first I let slide, The last I will let you decide where they are headed, please read below the CHAT between myself and Mike from Dillon....

Mike
    Tech Support

Mike

Hello

the 45 acp funnel on my 550 has developed these vertical streaks and it's be come much more difficult to cycle the press. I removed the funnel and polished it on my drill press with steel wool, it helped, but the streaks returned shortly. it is also leaving streaks inside of the casing.

How are you cleaning your brass and are you using case lube?

Cleaning with SS pins and using Hornaday hot shot

Well, the cause of the problem is the SS pins which over clean the brass, and Hot Shot is the worst lube that you can use. It is just going to continue to get worse not matter what you do as long as you clean that brass with SS pins and use Hot Shot.

ah, I've been using SS pins and hot shot for years, I reload 9mm, .40 and 38 spcl an never had any issue

You've been very lucky.

wow

15K rnds and I'm lucky?

and only 45 acp is the issue?

It's all brass, primarily because manufacturers changed the formulation of the brass, removing lead from the alloy mix. The lead in the older brass acted like a natural lubricant.

LOL are you serious?

Yes, I am.

that's the worst excuse I've ever heard

I have several thousand dollars of Dillon reloading, I think you guys have just turned a corner in the wrong direction, The old man died, so now it squeeze the customers. quick way to ruin a business.

How are we at fault for choices you made?

you're right, Dillon was a bad choice.

Gotta post this conversation on MDshooters.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

no, you haven't helped me or your company.

So let me get this straight. You were given information you didn't previously have, got offended because it goes against your 15k rounds of reloading experience, you threatened to post this on MDS, then proceeded to tell the guy he hasn't helped you or his company? What are you smoking? He gave you advice, based on probably 10 times the number of rounds you have done.

Let's see here. I have over 32 years or reloading experience under my belt. If somebody else that reloads is willing to share information with me, I'll hear them out and do some research if I am feeling dubious. The lead in brass thing does make some sense from a logic standpoint.

You want to bash a company, go bash CTD.

Dillon has been good to a lot of people, including those with butthurt.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So let me get this straight. You were given information you didn't previously have, got offended because it goes against your 15k rounds of reloading experience, you threatened to post this on MDS, then proceeded to tell the guy he hasn't helped you or his company? What are you smoking? He gave you advice, based on probably 10 times the number of rounds you have done.

Let's see here. I have over 32 years or reloading experience under my belt. If somebody else that reloads is willing to share information with me, I'll hear them out and do some research if I am feeling dubious. The lead in brass thing does make some sense from a logic standpoint.

You want to bash a company, go bash CTD.

Dillon has been good to a lot of people, including those with butthurt.

Well said. :thumbsup:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Notice the OP hasn’t even been back here to post again? Troll behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    The part I don't understand is the OP called Dillion for an answer to his issue and they gave him an answer that the Op disregarded because he didn't believe them or like the answer he got. My question is if the OP wasn't going to at least try to do what the rep told him why come to a public forum and bash them. I would have at least tried it and if it didn't work I would have called them back for further instructions.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It seems there a lot of people (based on this thread and other forums) who seem to believe that customer service consists of telling them what they want to hear, and giving them anything and everything to make them happy.

Folks, it doesn't work that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom