• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Ok. So far, I've only received a mail-in ballot request form. I'm "Unaffiliated" so I won't be voting in the primaries.
    Consider CHANGING your affiliation. You can do so on Early Voting Days by asking for SAME DAY registration, and picking a party.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't want to "mail in" but I'll vote early. Do I just go to a polling place early, or use a drop-box?

Drop- box = Mail In , with postal service removed as middleman.

Early Voting = Just show up early.

Might be , but probably not your usual. " real election day " Voting location .

Varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction , but typically fewer Early locations . Sometimes, you will have an assigned Early location , sometimes you can use any Early location within the county ( i.e. accommodate Voting at location convenient to the job , instead of only near home .

But again the trade off of making slightly more conventional for legitimate voters , who would have voted anyway vs exponentially easier for fraudulent voting .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm "Unaffiliated" so I won't be voting in the primaries.

Another of the endless PSA :

Yes , it is cool to be " free thinking & Independent Minded "

Yes , both ( all three ) major parties have major factors that suck .

BUT, being unaffiliated only self disenfranchised yourself.

This is Maryland. 90% of the time , the November election is pointless, and the Primary is the real election.

Hold your nose , and register in one or the other . Your coin toss between the one purportedly & imperfectly somewhat closer to your values vs getting the most leverage from behind enemy lines .

Registering doesn't mean you approve of , or support them , or like them, or give them any $ . It just gets you a path to vote in the Primary

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Another of the endless PSA :

Yes , it is cool to be " free thinking & Independent Minded "

Yes , both ( all three ) major parties have major factors that suck .

BUT, being unaffiliated only self disenfranchised yourself.

This is Maryland. 90% of the time , the November election is pointless, and the Primary is the real election.

Hold your nose , and register in one or the other . Your coin toss between the one purportedly & imperfectly somewhat closer to your values vs getting the most leverage from behind enemy lines .

Registering doesn't mean you approve of , or support them , or like them, or give them any $ . It just gets you a path to vote in the Primary
    Who's the third major party you speak of?

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Libertarian is at best a 7% party.

People in this country are too afraid to take a chance on a party that would actually preserve the rights of all American citizens.

So the voters continue to vote for the combined Republican and Democrat UNI-PARTY. And why we have ANTI-2A politicians like Red Flag Larry running for senate.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Libertarian
    Libertarians can nominate candidates only by convention, which does not make them a major party. In order for a minor party to qualify to have primary election status, it must get 10% of the voters to register with their party.
    Moreover, what do you have against Libertarians?

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Libertarian is at best a 7% party.

People in this country are too afraid to take a chance on a party that would actually preserve the rights of all American citizens.

So the voters continue to vote for the combined Republican and Democrat UNI-PARTY. And why we have ANTI-2A politicians like Red Flag Larry running for senate.
    The Libertarians don't have that many who've registered with the party. It is less than 1%. The amount of votes required to maintain ballot status is 1% at the top of the ticket.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Well, about to go and vote early today in Fredneck in a bit. I wonder what the electioneering is gonna be like?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    2A no doubt.

Not a single issue voter myself, but I will say this. If there IS a single issue candidate litmus test? One that tends to most quickly and accurately define a candidate's view of the electorate, as being either citizens or subjects?

It's the 2A issue.
    I find that most candidates that are pro 2A tend to be pro police and pro common sense. I may be wrong but if they support 2A they will most likely have a lot of similar values as I do. Hogan fooled me, bastard.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Well, about to go and vote early today in Fredneck in a bit. I wonder what the electioneering is gonna be like?
    Ah, "electioneering"...

Having been a Daywalker, it's really easy to follow the rules, and keep outside the blast radius.

In 2022 (NOT a Presidential year), we went to the local BoE to vote early, and yes... I wore The Magic Hat.

Lots of smiles, and even acknowledgments by poll workers, but nothing of issue. But, after voting, we walked outside and a young mom started talking to us, and we with her about her child. Another couple scoffed as they walked into the building. Within a minute, the Chief Orc came out and scolded me roundly about my presence.

Such fun... :sad20:

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Ah, "electioneering"...

Having been a Daywalker, it's really easy to follow the rules, and keep outside the blast radius.

In 2022 (NOT a Presidential year), we went to the local BoE to vote early, and yes... I wore The Magic Hat.

Lots of smiles, and even acknowledgments by poll workers, but nothing of issue. But, after voting, we walked outside and a young mom started talking to us, and we with her about her child. Another couple scoffed as they walked into the building. Within a minute, the Chief Orc came out and scolded me roundly about my presence.

Ah, "electioneering"...

not too bad today. Just people backing school board members. A few of the Karen types pushing the “Apple Ballot” that were standing far away from the boundary who really did sneer at me. And then the conservative ladies closer to the entrance who were all smiles and asking if I knew who I was voting for and had literature to give me if I wasn’t. Very pleasant to speak with. Huge difference between the two camps. Then again, did wear short sleeves and the Gadsden tends to turn off the lib chicks. Never banked on that blessing!

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    There was some mention of no-info on judges..
    I have been getting some "Wes Moore endorses ....."
    Those are judges I would not be voting for, since he tells me TO vote for them.
    Barranco, Demaio, Desimone, Rhodes
    Unless anyone has any better reason to vote for them.

Mr H

Voting today at AACo BoE went beautifully.

Everyone we talked to was pleasant, and you could tell from their conversation that they are overwhelmingly on 'our side'.

I got into some good ribbing with a poll worker in a low-key Ruger hat, and some others who "get it".

Be ready for some new protocols, apparently designed to assure you of a [more] secure vote.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018

Everyone we talked to was pleasant, and you could tell from their conversation that they are overwhelmingly on 'our side'.

I got into some good ribbing with a poll worker in a low-key Ruger hat, and some others who "get it".

Be ready for some new protocols, apparently designed to assure you of a [more] secure

Be ready for some new protocols, apparently designed to assure you of a [more] secure vote.
    With the makeup of LD 32 being what it is now, I think it speaks volumes. Are you in a conservative 'pocket' in that district?

Mr H

With the makeup of LD 32 being what it is now, I think it speaks volumes. Are you in a conservative 'pocket' in that district?
    Very much so, but in '14 and '18, I was involved with campaigns, and learned that the establishment has a firm hold on the district, despite the great push and effort of our people.

Thing is, we roam about the area every day, and I find that there are many more 'conservative' thoughts in people's heads, and hear so much support for Republicans, that it becomes maddening over how the district, county and state continue in the grips of the Left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom