• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Suppressed 300BLK SBR. So far it has taken 1 deer this year.
    I hand loaded some barnes 120 tac tx for the blk and I was impressed on its performance on a large doe I took with it. Some argue it’s not a very good deer cartridge but I can attest to the fact that if you put the bullet where it needs to go it will put them down just fine.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I hand loaded some barnes 120 tac tx for the blk and I was impressed on its performance on a large doe I took with it. Some argue it’s not a very good deer cartridge but I can attest to the fact that if you put the bullet where it needs to go it will put them down just fine.
    I have pics of exit wounds that will prove how devastating the 110gr Hornady VMax is out of a 300BLK SBR. I go for heart/lung shots only to put it down cleanly.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I'm going to take my telescope equipped 30/40 tomorrow or in the next few days I think.

Attachments

• IMG_1291.jpg
      IMG_1291.jpg
      73.5 KB · Views: 33

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I have pics of exit wounds that will prove how devastating the 110gr Hornady VMax is out of a 300BLK SBR. I go for heart/lung shots only to put it down cleanly.
    I wanted the 110 barnes but couldn’t find them or the Vmax at the time. I loaded the 120s to max velocity and the last one I shot totally destroyed the top of the heart. She ran about 40 yards but still fell within sight leaking all the way. Even loaded to the max they are still very mild even for my 8 year old son at the time to shoot.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I wanted the 110 barnes but couldn’t find them or the Vmax at the time. I loaded the 120s to max velocity and the last one I shot totally destroyed the top of the heart. She ran about 40 yards but still fell within sight leaking all the way. Even loaded to the max they are still very mild even for my 8 year old son at the time to shoot.
    PSA has Ammo Inc. 110gr Hornady VMax in stock for the 300BLK if you really want it. I'm holding sub-moa with it.

I've never had one run more than 15 yards with a shot from my 300BLK with the 110gr Hornady VMax.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Palmetto State PA10 in .308 w/ adjustable gas block, Silencerco Specwar 762, and Geissele trigger. SWFA 3-15 milquad scope. 165gr Hornady SST loads I do myself with 8208XBR. 4 deer with it with none taking a step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom