• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Browning A-Bolt in .270 where rifles are permitted.
    50 Beo or .45/70 where straight wall is needed.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm using a short M700 in .243 with light bullets this time. Hunting sikas in the marsh and want instant results even if I can't get a head shot.
    A guy I shoot fclass with swears by the berger 95gr VLDs. How light are you going?

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Out with my main choice at the moment.
    Marlin GBL in 45-70 right now. Good luck everyone!
    IMG_1750.jpeg

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Thanks. 444 is a great caliber too.
    I took 4 deer last season with this rifle using my cast bullet handloads. No luck so far today. Still hopeful for this evening.
    I spooked a deer at 0700. I cleared my throat and it hightailed it out of there. I could have spit on it. I was looking the wrong way, oops. I could hear the squirrels coming from 100yds away but this deer was silent. I had my .50 beo at less than 10yds it would have been interesting to see what the round would do that close.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    The 45 Colt Blackhawk is joining me again this year. Got one last year with this gun and it's 45acp cylinder using 45 Super loads. DRT.

Nothing so far this week. Yet.

Slimster22

Mar 13, 2009
    Northern Balt Co
    I spooked a deer at 0700. I cleared my throat and it hightailed it out of there. I could have spit on it. I was looking the wrong way, oops. I could hear the squirrels coming from 100yds away but this deer was silent. I had my .50 beo at less than 10yds it would have been interesting to see what the round would do that close.
    Same happened to me the other day. It happens. I figure now when I hear something it's probably a squirrel. Deer are like ghosts.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Sorry for your trouble. I was being facetious, as I would love to have a Deerfield to use.
    No worries. I’m just a little disgruntled because I have a beautiful mid 80s marlin 444 that shoots lights out with my hand loads, a nice 350 legend with a suppressor I put together on a TC encore that will shoot one inch 5 shot groups with a 125gr load I came up with all just sitting in my safe.

I do like the Deerfield though and I’m hoping to add it to my inventory at some point because the farmer who is letting me borrow it bought it for no other reason than he thought it was cool but never uses it. It’s a handy little rifle and surprisingly pretty accurate with the Hornady ftx leverevolution loads. I did kill a big doe with it last Saturday and it put good wallop on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom