• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    LOL! I wasn't talking about laying on the ceiling. The office walls are standard drywall with metal studs. I got up through the ceiling and stood on the "T" where my office walls came together with another office in under a minute.

Stand? Most over ceiling tile areas are not that high, and are full of other stuff.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Run = not providing care to a wounded person a termination offense.
    hide= same thing
    fight=losing your job for fighting at work, even though you may save many others.
    At work, can't use a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, but I can use it on a possible attacker.
    Either way, they will have a replacement for your job if you're not dead or severely injured.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Bump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...table-main_activeshooter-715pm:homepage/story

Kinda like, I dunno, calling for the militia maybe? As in: train everyone to fight back? This is why we need universal carry: slinging staplers will only work for so long.

And from the article: people do not enjoy being sitting ducks. Huh, fancy that. Before we called them gun free zones, we called them soft targets, and the mass killlers seek them out.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Bump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...table-main_activeshooter-715pm:homepage/story

Kinda like, I dunno, calling for the militia maybe? As in: train everyone to fight back? This is why we need universal carry: slinging staplers will only work for so long.

And from the article: people do not enjoy being sitting ducks. Huh, fancy that. Before we called them gun free zones, we called them soft targets, and the mass killlers seek them out.

Cowering under a desk makes you a perfect target. In effect you are just hoping not to be noticed. Swarming an attacker makes sense. Overwhelm, Overpower, and Overcome. He can only shoot one person at a time. Tia is why people like to attack in groups. Mob mentality is Avery real and dangerous thing. Man on man fights are difficult.
    Now all that said its a major obstacle to get people to actually attack an armed assailant. Human nature says "he's stronger-run". I had this exact conversation with my wife when the Paris attacks happened.
    I'd like to think I'd go on the offensive but as someone who has never experienced hostile gunfire it's still an unknown and I cannot fault anyone who goes into "flight" or "hide" mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom