• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    She needs to be challenged on this. We know the Press has long stopped being the 4th estate, and is now the 5th column. However, some citizen needs to call her on this the next time she is on a radio call in show.

Is she really suggesting an unarmed citizen should bum rush an active shooter but she does not support armed citizens?

So you suggest that the victims do nothing? And die?

I do agree, that going along with this advice, CCW is the the other part of the equation.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Excellent article! It perfectly explains what happened, and how absurd this notion of telling kids to have a can of soup as a weapon is. The satire and humor was spot on, that was funny!

One of the two links from that page takes you to another that shows an armed police Sgt giving a class on how to respond to a mass shooter. The asinine to think that no one be armed with a gun to defend themselves.

91B9EAiUv1D60E7C.med.jpg

The solution to the 'would be' problem is literally right in front of you, train teachers and faculty members that volunteer, those that pass a background check; let them carry on premises. When there is a mass shooting in a school we should be outraged; outraged that there was no armed adult in that school to defend the children.

I can understand that a lot of teachers are very 'liberal' minded and brainwashed that guns are evil or whatever. Ok, so lets try this as an interim step - Give them all the training, they should all already have the background checks; then those that volunteer, encourage them to carry on their person a less lethal, like a Taser, or PepperBlaster or something else that is pretty effective. Of those that pass all the checks, and have or get 'handgun carry permits' (Maryland term for CCW, etc.); specifically allow those teachers to actually carry a firearm. Or at least have a gun vault in the principals office, so if they hear shooting, a few of them can quickly grab a gun and try to stop the perp.

All I'm saying is that guns in the hands of responsible adults is part of the solution.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Cathy is as gay as her stupid ideas. The intelligent in DC all have pieces for home defense and the number of armed folks on the streets would likely astound all of us. Both DC and Baltimore have suffered immensely under female leadership.

Lew--Ranger63

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't agree. In fact it's misogyny. But you are welcome to your opinion. It's not her gender that's the problem. It's her politics. Cities run by men (Chicago) have the same or worse problems, and they are not run by women.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    So you suggest that the victims do nothing? And die?

I do agree, that going along with this advice, CCW is the the other part of the equation.
    No no, not at all. Far ambush disengage and seek cover, near ambush - assault into the ambush.

It's just incredible to hear someone in public safety, especially in DC govt, to come out and encourage self-defense.

Yet, she can't go all the way and put some better tools in the hands of the citizenry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    We discussed this in my carbine class. Larry, my instructor, has actually done live active shooter training in schools.

He had s student act as the gunman and come into the class room and shoot the other students with air soft. First time, he walks in and shoots a number of students.

He is sent out of the room, this time the instructor hands the kids tennis balls and tells them to throw them at the shooter.

This time, the shooter walks in, and the other students start throwing tennis balls. The shooter is ducking to try to not be hit and shoots no one.

Learn from the lesson or not, I am going to fight back.

what happens when you run out of tennis balls? :)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Cathy is as gay as her stupid ideas. The intelligent in DC all have pieces for home defense and the number of armed folks on the streets would likely astound all of us. Both DC and Baltimore have suffered immensely under female leadership.

Lew--Ranger63

But watch the number shift from armed good guys to armed bad guys as the end of the workday approaches and all the armed Feds go home to the Burbs.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    what happens when you run out of tennis balls? :)

Then you throw desks. You throw chairs. You throw laptops.

At the recent college shooting in Washington, the students sat there and waited as the shooter shot them one by one. It made me sick to read this.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I don't agree. In fact it's misogyny. But you are welcome to your opinion. It's not her gender that's the problem. It's her politics. Cities run by men (Chicago) have the same or worse problems, and they are not run by women.

Agreed. It's not a male female thing, just a general lack of intellect.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Not intellect. It's something less definable that's lacking: morals, backbone, grit, etc. And a fervent "I've got mine, so fsck the rest of you" attitude.

Politicians In Uniform don't have the option to buck thier masters.It's a matter of what's more important, the job and money, or your principles. Most positions of power, at least in the middle ranges, don't leave one with much wiggle room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom