• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I used to work at a place with floor panels and about 2-3 feet of open space under those panels. I always wondered if it would have been a good strategy to hide under there until the bullets stopped flying.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's funny. My workplace basically ordered us to drop, hide, & hold on. Any fighting back is absolutely the last resort

I'd rather be fired than dead. Fighting back is the only chance you have in my opinion.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    What's the problem? Using household items by some 8 year old to ward off attackers worked just fine in the movie "Home Alone", so why wouldn't cans of soup work with kids in school?

It is never explained how a group of obese students who can't even toss a basketball into a hoop are supposed to nail the heads of attackers with pinpoint accuracy using aerodynamically-unstable soup cans. Will they be trained for it? Are America's middle schools seriously going to start their own home-grow militia defense training with students hurling soup cans to the audible commands of teachers screaming, "Achtung!"

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/048291_gun-free_schools_child_militias_soup_cans.html#ixzz3sAnq3bUh

You could always go to the guy selling flowers on the street corner if you can't get your hands on a full can in the event of an attack. I so want to slap that idiot father. Why didn't he just say 'Son, I will protect you'? What a dipwad asshat.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/048291_gun-free_schools_child_militias_soup_cans.html#ixzz3sAnq3bUh

You could always go to the guy selling flowers on the street corner if you can't get your hands on a full can in the event of an attack. I so want to slap that idiot father. Why didn't he just say 'Son, I will protect you'? What a dipwad asshat.

That kid is thinking wtf these idiots trying to feed me. The kid knew better but they are going to brainwash the poor guy.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Just tell the kid all the murders were "contained" to just one or two places, and that he has nothing to fear from a JV team.

There, all better.

Last edited:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I was waiting/fearing for someone to post that.

I saw it the other day, and nearly retched.

The kid was sorting it out pretty well until Captain Lily Liver went all Haight-Ashbury on it.

I saw that too. It was a little nauseating. I have nothing against flowers, but if I need protection against an armed attacker then I'd strongly prefer a gun.

My company has no official policy AFAIK.
    But I have actually gamed this where I work about 10 years ago.

I happen to have an office that's on an outer wall near an entry way so I might be able to make it out of the building in a hurry if such a situation presented itself. But what if I'm not in my office or the entrance near my office was the one used by the shooter?

My office credenza and shelves make a ladder of sorts where I could get to the ceiling fairly quickly. There are similar arrangements in meeting and other rooms/offices throughout the building that would afford similar hasty retreats. There are also nooks in the warehouse where you could lose yourself but that's not a predictable arrangement.

The ceiling where I work is a dropped acoustical tile type that's easy to get through. Once through the ceiling I could make my way (I think) across the various office partitions to pretty much anywhere I wished. At least that's what I've seen the facilities guys do when they're stringing things like network cables. Heck I used to do it myself when I was more "junior", so to speak.

If I made it up to the ceiling and couldn't move about I bet I'd be OK as I'm betting that an active shooter would not be shooting randomly into the ceiling.

i used to do a lot of network wiring...if it's the kind of drop ceiling I'm thinking of, unless you weigh about 30 pounds you would pull it down....Who knows...you could fall on top of the shooter and be a hero...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    We discussed this in my carbine class. Larry, my instructor, has actually done live active shooter training in schools.

He had s student act as the gunman and come into the class room and shoot the other students with air soft. First time, he walks in and shoots a number of students.

He is sent out of the room, this time the instructor hands the kids tennis balls and tells them to throw them at the shooter.

This time, the shooter walks in, and the other students start throwing tennis balls. The shooter is ducking to try to not be hit and shoots no one.

Learn from the lesson or not, I am going to fight back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom