• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Fun was having to work on a Sun Microsystems monitor back in the day. White screen with black characters. I absolutely hated it. Was supposed to "be better for our eyes."

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Quotes aren't working in dark mode... it shows as white font on white background.
    Example:

Screenshot_20220824-111803.jpg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    As with any change… there are adjustments to be made. Just like when they changed to the new format. But, hopefully the adjustments will not be difficult. I’m thankful for the efforts of the Admin Staff.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    They work for me. White text on dark gray background. Using chrome on android

Edit- nevermind.. shows white on white when replying with a quote but shows white on gray after it's posted
    Interesting. I'm also using chrome on Android and mine shows white on white while posting and after posting.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I switched over to Dark Mode for a bit - not sure I liked it quite as well, but it's nice to know it's an option.

Interesting. I'm also using chrome on Android and mine shows white on white while posting and after posting.

Same with chrome on my iPhone.
    Oops. I'm actually using Firefox on android for mds not chrome. I tried Chrome and it shows white on white but if you set chrome to view the desktop version of the site the quotes are white on a gray background.

Desktop version of site looks good on my tablet but I don't care for it on my phone.

This is how it looks in firefox
    SmartSelect_20220824-190122_Firefox.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Oops. I'm actually using Firefox on android for mds not chrome. I tried Chrome and it shows white on white but if you set chrome to view the desktop version of the site the quotes are white on a gray background.

Desktop version of site looks good on my tablet but I don't care for it on my phone.

This is how it looks in firefox View attachment 377572

Oh, that's funny.

In vertical (portrait) mode the comments are white on white. Rotate the phone to landscape and you can suddenly see the quotes, because it goes to desktop mode.

:crazy:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Fun was having to work on a Sun Microsystems monitor back in the day. White screen with black characters. I absolutely hated it. Was supposed to "be better for our eyes."
    Back in the day I would buy my people terminals with amber characters on a dark background because it was supposed to be best for your eyes. They hated it. F-them.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Back in the day I would buy my people terminals with amber characters on a dark background because it was supposed to be best for your eyes. They hated it. F-them.
    I liked the old amber screens. The emerald green ones weren't bad, but the amber was better. When I install a linux distro I usually set the terminal emulator (terminator) default colors to those shades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom